Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BR News

[News] The Breakdown: Ravens’ Perfect Scenario Unfolded

32 posts in this topic

Eisenberg offers 5 gameday thoughts, including the Ravens’ real home-road disparity.

[url=http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/The-Breakdown-Ravens’-Perfect-Scenario-Unfolded/472dcd3b-1e80-4a97-b6c7-1c6fb9f90b29]View the full article[/url]

[i]This team needed to crush someone.[/i]

^ Eisenberg...that statement was my favorite part of the entire article! lol!

~Mili

This win may get a small mention by the media that normally castigates this team. I'm sure they will say Oakland lost it, not that the Ravens won it.

So, how about Cam Cameron and Dean Pees erry'body? They can do it! They can get it done! We just need to do this away from home. I'd say our play calling on offense was nice an unpredictable. Our defensive scheme worked well enough. Special teams lit it up. As a fan, I have nothing to complain about. Maybe a little worried against the Steelers next week. I think we can do it though. It's obviously possible, it's just a scary subject.

Hey Oakland, you are not in the Black Hole anymore. This is the Ravens' Nest and just like a real black hole in space, you guys just got pulled in and there was no escape from these birds.

Finally we showed our true colors and repeated a delightful performance that is not Week 1 of the NFL. I was waiting for something like this all year. Let's go KC tomorrow night (I doubt they will win, but let's hope) and let us stay focused and carry this momentum to Heinz-Ugly-Arena and destroy Pitt. Biggest game of the year is next week. Let's go!!!!!!!!!

The only two complanings that are the ed reed fail tackle but he is injury so its ok and the other td was kinda stupid but man 55 points we can only smile

Posted · Hidden by Grapple Raven, November 12, 2012 - Off-topic · Report post

[quote name='Purpleghost23' timestamp='1352691256' post='1216426']
The only two complanings that are the ed reed fail tackle but he is injury so its ok and the other td was kinda stupid but man 55 points we can only smile
[/quote]Lmao he is injury...that post made my day

The Ravens did exactly what they needed to do,beat down an inferior opponent... not just win in convincing fashion,but in a way that showed they have the talent to get overcome adversity,by not playing at full strength,Ngata,and Smith did not play at all,Flacco got to sit out much of if not all of the 4th quarter,a lot of guys got to play,this bodes well for upcoming games,the defense stayed fresh and aggressive... a total team victory!

Posted · Hidden by Grapple Raven, November 12, 2012 - Attempt to belittle · Report post

[quote name='Purpleghost23' timestamp='1352691256' post='1216426']
[/quote]

WHAT??????????????

This win should do wonders with our confidence. After watching this I'm curious what Pittsburgh gameplan is going to be? I think Cam and Pees have put enough confusion out there to where we should be able to call a heck of a game in Pittsburgh.

That was a "poor display" by the Raiders. But it was nothing compared to the 48-3 pounding we put on Bret Favre and the Packers on MNF in 2005. Which, by the way, I do believe is still the biggest point disparity in MNF history.

I just wish we could put up 40 more often.

Posted · Hidden by Grapple Raven, November 12, 2012 - Instigating · Report post

it works both ways how about the beating texas gave us lets not mouth off here

Posted · Hidden by Grapple Raven, November 12, 2012 - Instigating · Report post

[quote name='ravenlover005' timestamp='1352721309' post='1216608']
it works both ways how about the beating texas gave us lets not mouth off here
[/quote]

Why not? Our fellow fans were understandably upset after that game...and did not hesitate to light up these boards with their "upsetness"!

Yep, ALMOST a total team victory. Ed Reed stunk up the joint and I hate seeing a man getting paid the way he does but plays like a rookie these days.
I'm not buying into his injury and if he IS hurt, he shouldn't be on the field.
I am so done with Ed!
Week in and week out, he's just not what he used to be.
I think it's obvious that we have better talent behind him, let's get them out there.

I noticed a lot of jerseys on the line I haven't seen before. And this rotation worked out. That's Harb's and the line coaches credit. All the comments about KO and Courtney was great to hear. I get sick of hearing how such and such has done so well in his rookie year for some other team. Now put away Pitt away. The Giants are reeling. Peyton can't get the protection all season. Then take it to the NE P's. Onto Houston or whereever they play the big one. OK that's a bit far out. Yesterday was exciting but they won't all look that good. It was so good to c Dickson and Pitta perform. Torrey man is just doing what he does. It's almost a given he'll catch a distant star. As coaches like to say and we know Harbs ain't no different get moving, you know Pittsburgh isn't sitting around.

and we rested 2 of our starters on defense hope fully smith ngata and mcphee are in good health for the steelers this week thanks to the extra rest.

On the Real, this was a great game for the experience some of the "twos & threes" got!

It was also an early showcase for who Courtney Upshaw will become!!!

I still have some concerns that Cam & Joe E-Lite still feel they need to go vertical 20-plus when it's not warranted, but that didn't hurt us yesterday and the completions entertained the home folk, so my "Grrr-Mode" will be at a minimum this week!

All in all, this will help us focus on next week!

Rice, Ngata, Smith, Reed all rested for Pitt. Flacco, Pitta, Dickson and the receivers clicking.... Couldnt have come at a better time. Granted it was against a struggling and inferior opponent, but we dominated all facets of this game.

Couldn't watch the entire game but while up big, knowing OAK needed to pass, we still couldn't generate a pass rush, even when Palmer through deep giving the pass rush even more time to get home. Only 3 sacks and 1 INT on an immobile and sometimes inaccurate QB like Palmer is a concern going fwd vs Big Ben, the Mannings (even Eli), RG3 and Rivers. We got beat deep...seems like our CB to Safety coverage communication is lacking. I hope for the best, Go Blackbirds!!!

really I didn't think the Raiders looked that bad they were very physical against the run on defense and they lit it up passing wise on offense I just think the Ravens played a excellent game