Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BR News

[News] Raiders Didn’t Think Ravens Ran Up Score

26 posts in this topic

Baltimore grabbed a 31-point lead with a fake field goal for a TD in the third quarter.

[url=http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Raiders-Didn’t-Think-Ravens-Ran-Up-Score/8a550a26-4800-4ad1-8ac0-c57fc18f1620]View the full article[/url]

Raiders seemed to be taking it like men: "...if we don't like it, we should have stopped it..."

Class from that organiation, for a change.

[i]"Oh no, that's football," safety Michael Huff added. "[u][b]We're all grown men. Obviously, if we didn't like it, we have to stop it."[/b][/u][/i]

^ that's it right there!

this isn't the pee-wee, junior, college or minor leagues. smh! this is the NFL where the grown men play! you play UNTIL the final whistle blows. you got smoked....man up and deal with it!

~Mili

That Raider trash that happened in the endzone, not only did it backfire on Oakland but Sam Koch really lay down the law on Oakland

Well I hope the Bears and Chiefs have the same dilemas after their games for running up the scores on the Texans and Steelers.

[quote name='bmoreravens21784' timestamp='1352683662' post='1216249']
That spike from Koch was perfect, especially with that raider corner trash talking Boldin.
[/quote] Gotta love Boldin's response to that too, just point at that scoreboard

I admire Huff's and Allen's responses to the fake field goal. If anything it serves a strategic purpose as well. Next week the Stealers aren't going to know what to expect every time our special teams gets on the field.

Glad the Raiders aren't complaining about this the way I'm sure some of the national media will be in the next couple of days. It's not running up the score when you're in the NFL, and it's not running up the score at any level when you're halfway through the third quarter. Then it's shoring up a lead against a potential comeback. Teams have lost games by settling for field goals and having the other start taking TDs. After so many times we've let opponents back into games, I'm glad to see us stomping on the gas in the second half.

[quote name='bmoreravens21784' timestamp='1352683662' post='1216249']
That spike from Koch was perfect, especially with that raider corner trash talking Boldin.
[/quote]

Yes he did, but how Boldin reacted was perfect - and had Dierdorf totally impressed...Boldin just pointed at the scoreboard!

[quote name='CharmCityHeavyHitters' timestamp='1352700181' post='1216554']
Gotta love Boldin's response to that too, just point at that scoreboard
[/quote]

Sorry, CCHH. I posted before I caught your response. However, I enjoyed Dierdorf's reaction too!

I like the call and agree that it wasnt running up the score. However I would ve have liked for us to possibly save that for this next couple tough games we have. We just showed the league and now they will have that fg fake in the back of their minds. I understand it was based off of the Raiders loading up one side and the low risk/high reward being up by 30 pts but we may need that next week against pittsburgh in a tough game to spark the team

Who cares? It's football. Run up the score.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/highschool-prep-rally/grier-n-c-qb-sets-national-marks-10-113150599.html

I know it's like high school or college or something but it happens! It's fun! Do it! Anyone who says it's unethical is a whiner. How much did Houston beat us by? I didn't complain. I just complained that we lost. If the other team beats us, then they beat us, they have the right to keep going just like we do. Besides, who doesn't want their punter to get a touchdown in his career once?

Loved the call. If anything...we helped them. We did so by pointing out how stupid and vulnerable it is to load up one side of the line. So Raiders.....you're welcome!