Photo

It's The Opponents Job!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
47 replies to this topic

#1 Bazooka Joe

Bazooka Joe

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,181 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 05:19 PM

I'm reading all of these criticisms about the fake punt for a TD and running up the score and us being classless.

I say WHATEVER! When the Texans handed us our behinds, it was "the Texans and the rest of the AFC." Yes they beat us and we beat the lowly Raiders. Who cares?

We dominated in every phase and when you play Carson Palmer whose arm can change a game quickly you hit the gas until the final second.

So stop with this classless garbage. We whooped booty 55-20.

7-2!

Congrats RAVENS!

#2 K-Dog

K-Dog

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,511 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 05:22 PM

fake punt for a TD, bla, bla, bla.
So it would have been 51-20
Big dif ?

K-Dog

"Animals want to learn how to talk so they can hang out with me." Ray Lewis

You DO NOT know more than any coach in the NFL.  You simply do not.

#3 bmorefan444

bmorefan444

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,053 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 05:23 PM

This is the NFL! I hate when people cry about the score being run up. Score as much as possible!

However, I do wish they would've saved this for a closer game. The fake FG can be a game changer in a close game, but now opponents know to be prepared for it.
"That's once again the same people who told me I was too small, the same people who said I couldn't win a Super Bowl with our offense, the same people who said I couldn't play in a 3-4, ... Are they with me when I get up every morning at 6:30 to go to work? The day I lose a step is the day I lose love for the game." Ray Lewis

#4 SecretAgentMan

SecretAgentMan

SAM I Am......

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 05:31 PM

May I recall, that the Raiders may be the dirtiest Franchise in the history of the NFL? The taste of the your own medicine.

Edited by Mr. Irrelevant, 11 November 2012 - 05:31 PM.

Banned

#5 berad

berad

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,667 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 05:33 PM

Forget about them, any self-respecting individual/team will take responsibility for their performance.
a9skd1.jpg

"Bring it. They want physical. They want to run against us. You know we'll be there."

#6 Militant X 1

Militant X 1

"Raven Renegade757"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,653 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 05:41 PM

This is the NFL! I hate when people cry about the score being run up. Score as much as possible!

However, I do wish they would've saved this for a closer game. The fake FG can be a game changer in a close game, but now opponents know to be prepared for it.

exactly!

you score UNTIL the final whistle blows! no one was complaining when the texans was kicking our _____ 3 weeks ago. the roof caved in on us that game...and...it just caved in on the raiders this game. it's the NFL!

~Mili

@Mili

mili1.png

"Hunt!  Hunt!  Hunt!  Keep Hunting!  Until You Put'em on Your Wall!"

- Ray Lewis

#7 PolishRifle

PolishRifle

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,263 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 05:41 PM

Harbs was a special teams coach and now, during a rocky season filled with injuries and uncertainties, critics want to take the simple pleasure of a fake FG away from John? Now THAT is classless.

Edited by PolishRifle, 11 November 2012 - 05:41 PM.

bJNF689.jpg

#8 display name

display name

Gotham's Reckoning

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,982 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 06:11 PM

Agreed.
You keep piling up the pts.

The Raven, on 03 Jan 2012-624 PM, said:

"You have reached your quota of negative votes for the day"

VIVA LA BUTT-FUMBLE!!!

Malkavian Raven, on 4 June 2014, said: "Display's off his meds again. Alert the white coats with the butterfly nets."

#9 Raven552

Raven552

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 565 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 06:20 PM

I was hoping for 62 to 20. :D

#10 gabefergy

gabefergy

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,902 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 06:21 PM

And we didnt play our starters for the entire 4th quarter. i dont think Rice played in the 2nd half.

@gabefergy

#11 admartian

admartian

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,818 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 06:26 PM

Yeah I never got mad when the Texans kept scoring against us simply because this is elite-level professional sports. Any competitive pro, in ANY sport will want to do as best as they could come given any opportunity.

There are no extra points for "sportsmanship". Not that I think it was unsportsmanlike of the Texans or us to do so.

Edited by admartian, 11 November 2012 - 06:26 PM.

#FlaccoProBowl2014 (Aug 2014 prediction)

Win or lose, I believe.

PS4 is WOW!

#12 Gordo52

Gordo52

52 G.O.A.T.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,763 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 06:26 PM

If they can't stop it then it's their fault. Hell of a game
2dc45a6e-0473-4d16-b247-f9f9608f28d3_zps

#13 Gordo52

Gordo52

52 G.O.A.T.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,763 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 06:27 PM

I think people need to find SOMETHING to complain about.
2dc45a6e-0473-4d16-b247-f9f9608f28d3_zps

#14 cobrajet

cobrajet

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,304 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 07:33 PM

Look we have injured guys that needed to come out and rest because we have the Steelers next on the schedule. We did what needed to be done to make sure they could comfortably do that. I think it WAS the right call.

#15 1/28/01

1/28/01

Error 404

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,586 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 08:14 PM

It was midway thru the 3rd quarter. Keep scoring!!! Anyone saying it was running up the score must have not seen the plethora of 20+ second half come backs in the last 10 years in the NFL. Screw 'em!
Posted Image

#16 hawkprey

hawkprey

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 08:17 PM

Todd Haley next week.

Should be fun.

#17 PeRK82

PeRK82

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,921 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 08:19 PM

I'm reading all of these criticisms about the fake punt for a TD and running up the score and us being classless.

I say WHATEVER! When the Texans handed us our behinds, it was "the Texans and the rest of the AFC." Yes they beat us and we beat the lowly Raiders. Who cares?

We dominated in every phase and when you play Carson Palmer whose arm can change a game quickly you hit the gas until the final second.

So stop with this classless garbage. We whooped booty 55-20.

7-2!

Congrats RAVENS!

Am i the only one that was hoping Harbs wasn't going to be a B. and try and go for 70 points. Heck it was Classless of the Raiders to let us score that many points.

I hate the Pats but i like Bill Belichick, he dose not care about the opposing teams. He will put his foot on their neck and then continue to jump on it. I Love that about him. Hate it when he TRIES, to do it against us.

#18 Irish Raven

Irish Raven

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,075 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 12:52 AM

Todd Haley next week.

Should be fun.

Ah yes

Who can forget him sulking as Tyrod Taylor was in and the team scored a pre-season TD

Somehow Haley got offended.
It's freaking pre-season!

#19 Ravenseconbeast

Ravenseconbeast

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,824 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 01:03 AM

I think we gave them plenty of freebee. By the 3rd quarter we already put our backups on both side of our offense and defense.

Isnt that enough?

#20 The King

The King

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,018 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 02:58 AM

I actually haven't seen as much criticism of that decision as I expected to. Obviously there were questions asked about it to players and coaches after the game, but I think that the Raiders playing it off sort of killed the media enthusiasm for it. You need a quote complaining about it to pair with a critical headline, and the Raiders refused to give them one. I respect them a lot for that.

As for saving the fake field goal for later, I kind of like the strategic decision to bring it out this week. In part because it really worked with the way the Raiders line up for field goals, and partially because now we force the Steelers to practice against that kind of trick play. Hopefully they'll waste valuable practice time getting ready for a fake field goal when they're already operating on a short week. It might give us more of a leg up to make them prepare for it than it would to try and use it against a disciplined team like the Steelers.