Ravens Schedule Coming Today!

The Ravens will announce their 2014 regular season schedule today at 8:00 pm ET. More Info »
Close

Photo

It's Officially Steelers Week

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
624 replies to this topic

#221 T3hRaven

T3hRaven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,377 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 11:20 AM

I think it's safe to assume Roethlisberger is out this week, and he might miss the second meeting too. We better beat them this week.

#222 nextgen_RavensFan

nextgen_RavensFan

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,055 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 11:40 AM

Please let Ben be out 3 weeks, please let Ben be out 3 weeks lol. Their Defense is rated in the top 5 in almost every category, we need something to win this next game. Not sure if Flacco can win this against Ben, no i know he cannot win against Big Ben. Even without him we will struggle to win. That D is very stingy. A field of Ball Hawks just waiting for Flacco to mess up and given his road average he will do just that, hand them the ball. Please NFL Gods let Ben miss the next 3 weeks.
This spot reserved for Super Bowl celebratory images !!

#223 SecretAgentMan

SecretAgentMan

Bond, James Bond. 007

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,613 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 11:45 AM

Please let Ben be out 3 weeks, please let Ben be out 3 weeks lol. Their Defense is rated in the top 5 in almost every category, we need something to win this next game. Not sure if Flacco can win this against Ben, no i know he cannot win against Big Ben. Even without him we will struggle to win. That D is very stingy. A field of Ball Hawks just waiting for Flacco to mess up and given his road average he will do just that, hand them the ball. Please NFL Gods let Ben miss the next 3 weeks.

He won it last year, when our D was overrated and their D was ranked 1st. Their pass D is horrible. Just saying....

#224 Hardbaugh

Hardbaugh

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 626 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 11:48 AM

Watching last nites game.....How is Pittsburghs offensive line not called for holding on every play? See Justin Tucks comments earlier...................

On another note injuries are a part of the game. I get tired of hearing about Steeler injuries... Someone wake me up when a Steeler fan acknowledges that the Ravens were short in the 2009 AFC Championship game with Suggs playing with one good shoulder and the Ravens three best corners on IR or out among others...

Edited by Hardbaugh, 13 November 2012 - 11:48 AM.

"It's obvious to anyone who has played this game that this guy is not thinking"  ~ Wally Williams on Joe Flacco , 11/11/13 105.7 the fan.

" -- they want to make Joe Flacco a Tom Brady or Peyton Manning. He’s not that type of guy. He’s a system type of guy "  ~ Ray Lewis  ESPN 11/25/13

"The Ravens also need to light a little fire under both Flacco and Rice .  Flacco needs to work with the receivers more during the offseason instead of just waiting for occasional minicamps"  - Mike Preston 1/2/2014

#225 Militant X 1

Militant X 1

"Raven Renegade757"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,543 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 11:50 AM

this is the NFL, EVERY team has been banged up in some way at this point of the season. so what Ben is out? Ray Lewis is out! Lardarius Webb is out! so what? the steelers and the Ravens STILL have to buckle up those chin straps and play ball! NO EXCUSES!

let's go Ravens!

~Mili

Militant X 1

mili1.png

"I AM THE RENEGADE.....I HAVE NO EQUALS!"

- MX1

#226 nextgen_RavensFan

nextgen_RavensFan

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,055 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 11:58 AM

You know what, this makes me sick. Steelers fans already saying that if Ben plays and we win it was because he was not 100%. Already with the excuses. I HATE steelers fans. They cry at every chance likes hines ward used to. A stadium full of little babies who try to find ways to make them losing sound unfair. Let the game at least be played first and then begin whining. Sheesh, we have to tell them how to even cry right. when i close my eyes i picture Steelers fans with pacifiers in their mouth and crying like their moms just stopped letting them suck their nipples. Grow up.

#227 nextgen_RavensFan

nextgen_RavensFan

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,055 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 12:06 PM

After watchingg the game last night over again the Steelers look very beatable with short drop offs and quick passes. Once w etry to go down field is where we will find trouble. So i figure if we send Rice out to the left and Flacco drops off the pass to him like the Chiefs lived off of last night you can gain some serious yardage. The STeelers D loves to hit hard and have a very good pass rush so keep the routes short and quick so Joe does not get hit all night long. I doubt we can have much success running the ball so we are going to have to win with Joe.

#228 PuRock

PuRock

Skull Grinder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,203 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 12:11 PM

You know what, this makes me sick. Steelers fans already saying that if Ben plays and we win it was because he was not 100%. Already with the excuses. I HATE steelers fans. They cry at every chance likes hines ward used to. A stadium full of little babies who try to find ways to make them losing sound unfair. Let the game at least be played first and then begin whining. Sheesh, we have to tell them how to even cry right. when i close my eyes i picture Steelers fans with pacifiers in their mouth and crying like their moms just stopped letting them suck their nipples. Grow up.

Who cares. We'd do the same thing. Bottom line, the pressure is on us to make sure we win the game. A win is a lot better than having to make excuses.
Posted Image

#229 PuRock

PuRock

Skull Grinder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,203 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 12:25 PM

Tomlin said something about an SC sprain in the shoulder. If anybody is interested here is a description of such an injury. It does say that its an uncommon injury which is what they were describing last night.

Sternoclavicular (SC) joint injury

What is a sternoclavicular joint injury?
Sternoclavicular (SC) joint injury consists of ligament trauma to the joint connecting the breastbone [sternum] and the collarbone [clavicle]). It is an uncommon injury.

When a ligament is subjected to acute strain, it may either stretch or tear, partially or completely. Such tearing of a ligament is known as a sprain and ranges from microscopic injury to complete disruption. This injury can occur either at its insertion on either bone, but most commonly occurs in its mid-substance. The sprain may result in partial joint displacement (“subluxation”) or complete separation of the joint surfaces (“dislocation”). Displacement can occur either anteriorly (collarbone translates towards the front) or posteriorly (collarbone displaces towards the back).

How does sternoclavicular joint injury occur?
There are two common mechanisms of injury. In the first, a direct blow or landing on the side of the body can indirectly load the SC joint, leading to disruption of the ligaments around the SC joint. Examples include a side-blow in a car accident or a pile-on in a football game.

Less commonly, a direct force to the collarbone (clavicle) near the joint or the sternum (breast bone) can also cause joint disruption.

Risk of injury also increases with contact sports such as football, soccer or hockey.

Could be a light sprain. Could be a tear.

Edited by PuRock, 13 November 2012 - 12:27 PM.

Posted Image

#230 H8R

H8R

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,969 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 12:33 PM

When the Steelers are 100% healthy....they win...so no excuses are needed. They made they play-offs with a MASH unit on the field last year.

If ANY team in the NFL is 100 percent healthy...they generally win. LOL

#231 SteelersCanada

SteelersCanada

Practice Squad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 12:40 PM

I hate to burst your bubble, guys, but it's an SC sprain. It has nothing to do with his shoulder, and is an injury of his sternum and clavical. What does this mean? It's very, very painful but he'll get shot up and play through the pain.

#232 Moderator 3

Moderator 3

Hall of Famer

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,522 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 12:43 PM

I hate to burst your bubble, guys, but it's an SC sprain. It has nothing to do with his shoulder, and is an injury of his sternum and clavical. What does this mean? It's very, very painful but he'll get shot up and play through the pain.

And we'll be stuck listening to a week of "Ben's so tough" crap.
10wmids.jpg

#233 H8R

H8R

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,969 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 12:48 PM

so then... Omar Epps was wrong?

#234 A Fish Called Yanda

A Fish Called Yanda

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,492 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 12:50 PM

I expect that Ben will play (depending on the results of his second MRI). If so, we need to get pressure on him as quick as possible. We know that Ben is great at dancing around in the pocket, and if our D-line continuously gives him 6+ seconds to throw the ball, our secondary will not be able to cover everyone.

KC also exposed a massive hole on the right side of the Steelers defense. Depending on whether or not Pitt is able to put a band-aid on that area, sending RR27 up the middle to the right should yield a very nice YPC. Ground and pound. Control the clock. Keep Ben off the field. Profit.

#235 Bazooka Joe

Bazooka Joe

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,181 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 12:51 PM

Ryan Clark will be out with concussion.

We'll win these games easy.

#236 Twistidfunk

Twistidfunk

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 657 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 01:08 PM

He won it last year, when our D was overrated and their D was ranked 1st. Their pass D is horrible. Just saying....

Actually the Pitt D is ranked #1 against the pass. http://www.nfl.com/stats/team

I was under the impression they were not good this season either but I heard Vinnie and Rob say otherwise on the radio a bit ago.

#237 SteelersCanada

SteelersCanada

Practice Squad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 01:23 PM

so then... Omar Epps was wrong?

Tomlin said it's an SC sprain. He said it was a shoulder sprain by mistake, and then joked he isn't a doctor. An SC sprain is a sternum and clavical injury. Again, it's very painful but Ben has played through high ankle sprains.

I think it's time to stop listening to ESPN and start listening to local Pittsburgh media. Ryan Clark hasn't been deemed out, and he himself said he didn't have a concussion. The speculation on this site is a little ridiculous.

Steelers IR: Ben is questionable, but he'll play if his SC Sprain is mild.
Clark's "concussion" makes him questionable.
Troy is doubtful.
Brown is questionable.
Mendenhall is getting significant work and has been for some time. He's expected to suit up against you guys on Sunday.
Marcus Gilbert (starting RT) is questionable, but got significant work last week and will suit up on Sunday.

#238 footballinsider22

footballinsider22

Practice Squad

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 01:40 PM

Steelers loss of Roth is a big one. With all of our injuries this is a big break for us. I think our biggest focus has to be stacking the box against the run and pressuring Leftwich. We don't have the personnel to run with Wallace so we have to force quick passes with safeties to clean up.

Edited by berad, 13 November 2012 - 01:54 PM.
please do not advertise here

#239 Ed_Reed20

Ed_Reed20

Crenshaw Pete

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,524 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 02:37 PM

Ryan Clark will be out with concussion.

We'll win these games easy.

That would be sweet but I wouldn't be so sure. Both games are probably still going to be battles.
"...when Sean Taylor is in the neighborhood, you will feel him." - Al Michaels

Posted Image

ER20 takes off and then gets distracted by a debate going on...

#240 gabefergy

gabefergy

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,023 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 02:52 PM

Tomlin said it's an SC sprain. He said it was a shoulder sprain by mistake, and then joked he isn't a doctor. An SC sprain is a sternum and clavical injury. Again, it's very painful but Ben has played through high ankle sprains.

I think it's time to stop listening to ESPN and start listening to local Pittsburgh media. Ryan Clark hasn't been deemed out, and he himself said he didn't have a concussion. The speculation on this site is a little ridiculous.

Steelers IR: Ben is questionable, but he'll play if his SC Sprain is mild.
Clark's "concussion" makes him questionable.
Troy is doubtful.
Brown is questionable.
Mendenhall is getting significant work and has been for some time. He's expected to suit up against you guys on Sunday.
Marcus Gilbert (starting RT) is questionable, but got significant work last week and will suit up on Sunday.

Last time I checked you dont throw with an ankle. An injury to the right shoulder or even SC joint is going to be a detriment to his ability to throw. He wont play next week.

Hop on board the Draft Odell Beckham JR Bandwagon! Taking all comers! 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users