49 replies to this topic

#1 BR News

BR News

Hall of Famer

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,580 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 11:54 AM

The bandwagon will fill up again if Baltimore can shine in the upcoming tough stretch.

View the full article

#2 Guest_llwillow1231_*

Guest_llwillow1231_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 November 2012 - 01:11 PM

I never got off the ravens bandwagon . I too have noticed every sports pundit has dismissed the ravens as playoff contenders but I say lets prove them wrong . This is the time of the season to start playing well and pedal to the medal.

Edited by llwillow1231, 10 November 2012 - 01:12 PM.

#3 EvilWayz

EvilWayz

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 383 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 01:15 PM

Let me be the first to say that I never liked bandwasgon jumpers anyway. If like a team when they are up, its only fair to stick with them when t hey are down; Its kinda like a marriage. I will never bail on this team, this team is bound for greatness, and when they do dont try to hop back on this team ship. Lets go Ravens!!!! Ball So hard!!! Focus on what we are trying to accomplish and forget about these neigh sayers.
I love this team and always will.

#4 respecttheRaven

respecttheRaven

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 711 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 01:18 PM

Yes, our win's have been rather lackluster, but considering all the injuries and personnel changes, I am proud of our Raven's and where they are. It feel's like a transition year. No matter where we are, I will never ever jump off that bandwagon. Go Ravens!!!!!!

#5 Corvus

Corvus

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,439 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 01:19 PM

Its really funny that there is this whole double standard with the media and our team. Not that I care, its just really amusing to me. For instance, one of our most impressive victories last year was beating the 49ers when they were the toast of the league. But how many times did we hear pundits harp on our road losses to average teams like the Titans and Seahawks? Now take the '12 Steelers, they cough up 4th qtr leads against pitiful Oakland and Tennessee squads but because they came back and beat the Giants by 4, they are world beaters. All of the power rankings this week have them ahead of our team because we haven't beaten anyone "impressively." Haha, whatever, I know where this team will be in 8 more weeks, atop the AFC north with a second consecutive division title and another opportunity to get that Lombardi.

#6 Peej

Peej

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 680 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 01:22 PM

It was said once: "You are what your record says you are!"

'nuff said.

#7 CxM_27

CxM_27

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 600 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 01:22 PM

They havent given anyone anything to belive in, on Both Sides of the ball

#8 Peej

Peej

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 680 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 01:25 PM

They havent given anyone anything to belive in, on Both Sides of the ball

Except a 6-2 record...

Number 2 in the AFC...

Number 1 in the AFC North...

#9 redravenfan

redravenfan

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,455 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 01:36 PM

What bugs me is that the steelers have not played well either losing to sub par teams . they beat the giants yeah after the giants are struggling with weather issues , no power etc etc who wouldnt play badly after that (giants). we will never get credit from anyone in the media so i say lets go all the way and if nothing else they have to eat there words.

#10 RaRaRavens

RaRaRavens

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 01:44 PM

Still on the bandwagon loud and proud and not planning on getting off. No matter what the second half of the season brings.

That said, I think the expression "the hardest steel comes from the hottest fire" is pretty appropriate for the Ravens. We are in a fire right now and it's gonna get even hotter. Let's make the best of it, get to the playoffs and show the NFL what this team is all about!!!

GO RAVENS!

#11 BmoreB

BmoreB

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,824 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 01:46 PM

Tomorrow will be a lot of fun I think. Next week will be an all out street fight. We have what they want but we're not letting go.

We'll be 2 up by next Tuesday morning. :)

#12 akacrow

akacrow

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 509 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 02:03 PM

A bandwagon fan is a fan who does not support the team, or become emotionally invested in the team. A bandwagon fan is one who shows up when the team is winning and gone when the team is losing.

If you are going to use terminology Mr. Eisenberg please have a clue as to what the heck you are talking about next time. The fact is, Mr. Eisenberg, that constructive criticism is how one improve in a sport, but only when someone is man enough to take off the rose colored glasses, strap on his big boy pants, and refuse to accept the status quo does one step beyond mediocrity.

#13 Rhaeiven

Rhaeiven

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 317 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 02:04 PM

Ok, what ever happened to us hating on bandwagon teams (squeelers, cowgirls, patty cakes)? The Ravens are ANYTHING but a bandwagon team! The only people on our bandwagon should be the Marching Ravens and Co. I thought we were a flock, not a circus! Every Baltimore fan I know is FROM Baltimore! The Ravens community is fairly small, but the few that we have are diehards. The only people who can be excused for being "bandwagon" fans are the people FROM Baltimore, the people who have to suffer through times like this. Don't acknowledge the people who suddenly become Ravens fans because we make the AFC Championship. They corrupt our pure-bred die-hard status. It's an honor to call yourself a Ravens fan, and we shouldn't let ourselves take this lightly. Every new flock member should seriously evaluate his football alligences before we just let them in. I HATE when someone just "goes for" the Ravens when their team is down in the dumps. Just Say'n! :229031_rant: -End Rant

Rise and Conquer!!! :baltimore-ravens:
Message to Picksburgh; "The Squeelers have all the right colors, They're just missing a touch of royalty. It only takes a touch of purple to convert a Squeelers fan to a RAVENS fan!"

#14 omar586

omar586

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,163 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 02:05 PM

that's good they're not talking about us, stay under the radar and shock them in playoffs like the giants did last year, maybe this is what's gonna motiviate our team and improve and get better.

#15 MissRay27

MissRay27

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 344 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 02:13 PM

I'm a diehard Ravens fan. Will not let go until I am no longer. I am a Baltimorean, Love my town and my team.

#16 Tyrone Jones

Tyrone Jones

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 364 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 02:15 PM

Win lose or draw Im a Ravens fan. I love this team but I do want see them win a Superbowl for Ray, Ed, Flacco and coach Harbs.

#17 jrs034

jrs034

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,554 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 02:21 PM

Im glad the bandwagon is empty bandwagoners are annoying

#18 blindbat

blindbat

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 280 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 02:44 PM

I live in Los Angeles the biggest bandwagon city in the world right now this city likes the 49ers before the season started it was the chargers in the summer it was the raiders early in the year it was the cowboys I hate this city these people are annoying. Go Ravens

#19 Militant X 1

Militant X 1

"Raven Renegade757"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,321 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 02:51 PM

But the problem is they haven't impressed while winning, struggling to capture three games against the lowly Cleveland Browns (2-7) and Kansas City Chiefs (1-7) and barely surviving at home against the Dallas Cowboys (3-5). Their defense is ranked No. 26 in the league and their offense has disappeared for long stretches. In their one road game against a winning opponent, they were humbled in Houston.

humbled? humiliated is more like it! but that doesn't mean that we fans have kicked them to the curb. sure we vent....we're fans and have the right to do so but at the end of the day....we bleed purple! at least i do! and on that note...no one can question my Ravens fanhood just because i don't live in Baltimore. smh!

~Mili

Edited by Militant X 1, 10 November 2012 - 02:59 PM.

#20 liki97

liki97

Practice Squad

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 03:06 PM

most analysts have found statistical reasons why the ravens wont make the playoffs, but our heart cant be shown in stats. who cares if we have the 26th ranked defense yardage wise, its all about points which we are 15th in. defense has had time to adjust to the 2 major losses(webb and lewis) and is improving every week. all in all we are well capable of getting to the playoffs and even all the way to the superbowl to bring the lombardi trophy to baltimore

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users