Photo

[News] Byrne Identity: Second-Best Record In AFC: How Come It Doesn't Feel Better?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
55 replies to this topic

#1 BR News

BR News

Hall of Famer

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,835 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 01:53 PM

High expectations make it hard to enjoy the Ravens' success, but let go of comparisons and have fun.

View the full article

#2 Zeus

Zeus

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,006 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 02:15 PM

Win big Sunday!

#3 Moderator 3

Moderator 3

Hall of Famer

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,081 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 02:16 PM

Thanks, Kevin. I've been saying all week that we fans need to learn to celebrate the victories and enjoy the ride. Grousing over beating the (much improved) Browns, in their house, by "only" 10 points is just silly.
15fqib6.jpg

#4 Purple City Bird Gang

Purple City Bird Gang

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,982 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 02:19 PM

Great read as usual Kevin!

#5 bmore_kman

bmore_kman

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,712 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 02:19 PM

As always, a great sense of perspective, something which fans tend to have in very short supply, if at all...

#6 Guest_llwillow1231_*

Guest_llwillow1231_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 November 2012 - 02:20 PM

The only qb I am concerned with coming up is Peyton and if Joe can fire it up like we did against the brady bunch we got this . Go ravens

Edited by llwillow1231, 09 November 2012 - 02:21 PM.

#7 ravenpic

ravenpic

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 02:24 PM

If we only knew which team will show up.

#8 Zeus

Zeus

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,006 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 02:25 PM

Rice interview on nfl network right now

#9 Guest_llwillow1231_*

Guest_llwillow1231_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 November 2012 - 02:27 PM

Thanks, Kevin. I've been saying all week that we fans need to learn to celebrate the victories and enjoy the ride. Grousing over beating the (much improved) Browns, in their house, by "only" 10 points is just silly.

amen everytime anyone made a positive remark after the browns win we got negative remarks post etc . I will take 10 ugly wins over ten pretty losses any day of the week .

#10 Ravenmatic

Ravenmatic

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 168 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 02:28 PM

I am currently one of those fans who has underappreciated our 6-2 record. But I also understand that every season is not a perfect season. We as Ravens fans have been spoiled for the last 5 years and with our high expectations we act like brats when it comes to our teams status. But I appreciate these last 4 years because we have been so consistent. Very soon we will hit that slump ALL TEAMS go through with 4 or 5 wins, so appreciate this 6-2 and hope for the best. Thanks Kevin for the article!!!

#11 Zeus

Zeus

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,006 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 02:33 PM

Qb are completing 70.5% of passes against cb Cary Williams!

#12 TheSim

TheSim

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,500 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 02:34 PM

It's not just expectations. It's that we're sick and tired of getting our hopes up all season long just to watch some crushing, embarrassing loss just as we get to the edge of the Super Bowl. We're not jaded, we're pragmatic: four times in a row we've made the playoffs, four times in a row we've fallen short in embarrassing or horrible fashion (last second loss to Pittsburgh, blowout to the Colts, blown 14 point lead against Pittsburgh, and then... last year...)

We're not Pats fans, grousing over the fact that our perennially dominant team with 5 Super Bowl appearances in the last decade has been playing mediocre.

We're just acutely aware that if this season is going to mean anything other than another long road to disappointment, this team has to get a lot better.

#13 Brianj52

Brianj52

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 02:34 PM

Good perspective

#14 CRavenAnotherSB

CRavenAnotherSB

Practice Squad

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 02:39 PM

Love your insight Kevin... We met the night before the AFC Championship game at the Capitol Grill in Providence last January...and you said Joe would do well...and you were right. This year is about erasing the memory of the end of that game and moving on to the Super Bowl. Its about being good enough to not put yourself in the position to have one dropped pass, one missed kick, one bad call eliminate you from the running. So yes we want our team to be confident and be dominant...and at this time of the year, healthy.

#15 dwhravens

dwhravens

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 463 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 02:40 PM

When the Browns take one from the Steelers this season, we'll be feeling pretty good about those 2 victories over them :)

#16 steelraven

steelraven

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 717 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 02:49 PM

I wonder if Steve McNair would've never retired and murdered (R.I.P) would the Ravens have drafted Flacco. I can't imagine if he had the same weapons Flacco has now.

Edited by steelraven, 09 November 2012 - 02:50 PM.

#17 Forevermore20

Forevermore20

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 02:59 PM

great article

#18 AsianRice

AsianRice

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,405 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 03:01 PM

Ok Ravens fans, lets get some noice in the M&T stadium this Sunday and show the Raiders we are the best Ravens fans ever at the bank. We will continue the tradition of undefeated at home,and our noise is the backbone of every home game victory.....let blow up our lungs, either at the Stadium, outside of the Stadium, at home, or at the bar. Lets get the whooping noise going.....

#19 The Greek

The Greek

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,592 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 03:17 PM

go ravens chiefs bills bengals and any nfc team facing an afc team!! we need to have the highest seed possible

#20 choombatta

choombatta

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 03:20 PM

Great article, Kevin! It is important to keep perspective, remember that despite how good we could be or how close we got last season, we're not entitled to anything, and most importantly to HAVE FUN and ENJOY THIS AWESOME BALL CLUB!!