Ravens Schedule Coming Wednesday!

The Ravens will announce their 2014 regular season schedule on Wednesday, April 23rd at 8:00 pm ET.
Close

Photo

[News] Ravens Want Jacoby Jones More Involved On Offense

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#1 BR News

BR News

Hall of Famer

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,298 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 12:00 PM

The Ravens could use more of a rotation at wide receiver in the coming weeks.

View the full article

#2 Berkeley_Raven

Berkeley_Raven

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,174 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 12:41 PM

Does this mean D. Reed will be returning kicks some of the time? How does he fit in the picture? And Laquan?

I like the idea of rotating receivers in and out, but it (at times) seems as though Joe lacks a rapport with the receivers out there for all of the offensive snaps. Lack of communication, not being on the same page, getting rushed by blitzers, whatever, it seems to be a problem. Don't know if more targets really helps those issues...

#3 steelcityraven

steelcityraven

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,171 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 12:58 PM

YEa... Cam wanteed to get Stallworth and TJ and Lee Evans more involved... this is an issue every year.... One common denomiator!

#4 Moderator 3

Moderator 3

Hall of Famer

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,512 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 01:09 PM

So far we want Ray Rice, Vonta Leach, Bernard Pierce, both tight ends, and now Jacoby more involved. How many offensive plays are we going to run each week?
10wmids.jpg

#5 Berkeley_Raven

Berkeley_Raven

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,174 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 01:19 PM

So far we want Ray Rice, Vonta Leach, Bernard Pierce, both tight ends, and now Jacoby more involved. How many offensive plays are we going to run each week?

Hopefully more than we ran last week? Especially in the third quarter. I understand the philosophy behind spreading the ball around - it makes the defense wonder what's going to happen next as opposed to jumping routes. I just wonder how well it will be executed.

#6 WeCanDoAllThings52

WeCanDoAllThings52

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,463 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 01:38 PM

Ok ok ok now everyone wants to get more involved. Who's next? Torrey hasn't been so hot lately, maybe he should have an article on him too.

I'm glad that everyone is raising their hand, though, and not just shouting out "Gimme!"

But with all these different touches, someone would lose touches. Rice? Hope not.

Flacco, Cam? Help wanted.

#7 Dwayne10000Watts

Dwayne10000Watts

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 01:44 PM

Good luck w/that! We're in smash-mouth mode!! Airing it out will not be seen much more!!! Go Ravens!!! :)

#8 steelcityraven

steelcityraven

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,171 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 01:49 PM

IDK.... The Patriots spread the ball... infact on any given week they will have 7 or8 receivers involved
the Packers are about the same... same as the Saints and Falcons...

even teams that run the ball well... The Sqeelers... the Vikings, the Giants, the Skins, the Eagles, those teams seem to have no problems finding ways to get all of their weapons involved in the offense.

THe Sqeelers have had a 100 yard RB for 3 straight weeks and yet... have completed passes to Wallace, Borwn, Sandes, H. Miller, Rainey, Johnson Cotchery and the RBs

Every team has their go to guys! and they shuold but if that means their is no room to utilize different weapons.... we are in trouble!

Boldin and Torrey will be our go to guys in the passing game (even Rice for that matter)
but to give Joe some extra options with Jacoby, Doss, Quann, Pitta,Dickson or Leach should not be a problem.

Infact most offensive coordinators see this as a luxury... only Cam makes it a problem!

#9 Hardhitters

Hardhitters

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 448 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 01:56 PM

We want to see more everybody.....

Question, without being took the wrong way:

Who's slow? The front office for keeping Cam or Flacco because Cam is giving him all he can handle?

You would think by now anyone over Cam would shut him down if the fans are accurate about his play calling. But the one guy we can't shutdown is the guy we have no replacement for. So I ask is the irreplaceable one really the slow one? Get it together.

#10 steelcityraven

steelcityraven

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,171 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 02:13 PM

I really dont think that it is Flacco... for several reasons.
1. he has the tools
2. we have added weapons every season and cant find a way to utilize them thats not Joes fault
3. If we knew that Joe cant handle much... and wasnt what he was billed to be... why didnt we draft another QB or pick up a veteran FA.
(luck, rgIII, tannnahill, weeden, russell wilson, brock osweiler, nic foles, kirk cousins and ryan lindley are all rookies taken this season who can play)

4. we decided to go with out any proven back up behind Flacco (demonstrating our FO faith n Joe)

5. Joe seems to have gotten a little better evey year and yet we seem to have the same lack of consistency on offense every year

6. We moved t a no huddle and added weapons... we dont do that with a QB who we think can handle more responsiblity

7.Joe is not the person who makes our offense predictable

8. Joe is not the one who fogets to run Rice from time to time
9. we wouldnt play the long ball so much if we though it was Joe... we would stick the the safe and higher % passing game

10. and finally- if it were Joe and not Cam.... we would franchise tag him at the end of this season!

It is clearly Cam... but I dont have an answer to why we dont do anything about it... the only thing that I can figure is Harbs loyalty bc of Cams affilation with Jack Harbaugh.... IDK????

#11 steelcityraven

steelcityraven

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,171 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 02:16 PM

10 is supposed to say that wse would NOT franchise Joe at the end of this season... and that is clearly what Joe is headed for...

You dont designate (someone you have no faith in) your franchise player!

#12 Purple City Bird Gang

Purple City Bird Gang

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,470 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 02:25 PM

get em in there

#13 bmore_kman

bmore_kman

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,684 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 02:25 PM

I really dont think that it is Flacco... for several reasons.
1. he has the tools
2. we have added weapons every season and cant find a way to utilize them thats not Joes fault
3. If we knew that Joe cant handle much... and wasnt what he was billed to be... why didnt we draft another QB or pick up a veteran FA.
(luck, rgIII, tannnahill, weeden, russell wilson, brock osweiler, nic foles, kirk cousins and ryan lindley are all rookies taken this season who can play)

4. we decided to go with out any proven back up behind Flacco (demonstrating our FO faith n Joe)

5. Joe seems to have gotten a little better evey year and yet we seem to have the same lack of consistency on offense every year

6. We moved t a no huddle and added weapons... we dont do that with a QB who we think can handle more responsiblity

7.Joe is not the person who makes our offense predictable

8. Joe is not the one who fogets to run Rice from time to time
9. we wouldnt play the long ball so much if we though it was Joe... we would stick the the safe and higher % passing game

10. and finally- if it were Joe and not Cam.... we would franchise tag him at the end of this season!

It is clearly Cam... but I dont have an answer to why we dont do anything about it... the only thing that I can figure is Harbs loyalty bc of Cams affilation with Jack Harbaugh.... IDK????

Most of these seem like re-statements of the same reason...

“Those who think they know it all have no way of finding out they don't..”

― Leo Buscaglia 

#14 Hardhitters

Hardhitters

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 448 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 02:33 PM

@steelcityraven

1. agreed
2. Doesn't make much sense, because we have weapons and can't use them seem to be the QB's problem and OC's
3. Didn't know before drafting him and Matt Ryan was already gone, no one better was left.
4. All the proven guys in FA was bums, Bulger was the real deal until he retired.
5. Joe didn't seem to get better our weapons did, his rating dropped when he stopped checking down.
6. WE moved to no-huddle because he's a shotgun QB
7. Nor is he the one who extends plays
8. Sometimes Joe checks out of running plays which is the same as forgetting to run Rice.
9. Joe's arm is a monster, so of course we play the deep ball.
10. Why tag him and give him more than a new contract would give him that same year.
Thanks for addressing the question though.

#15 ksk316

ksk316

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 424 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 02:37 PM

YEa... Cam wanteed to get Stallworth and TJ and Lee Evans more involved... this is an issue every year.... One common denomiator!

Right on point. If I was a vet. wide receiver I would not even think of coming to Baltimore. Boldin's career is ruined. Thank you Cam.

#16 Ravens-Fan

Ravens-Fan

Practice Squad

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 02:56 PM

Simple Solution - Harbaugh you need to replace Cam Cameron - Resolved.

#17 Hardhitters

Hardhitters

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 448 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 03:11 PM

Yea I think we need new blood at OC too, but it's not a common denominator until you divide Cam and Flacco to see who's the denominator.

#18 boldtown

boldtown

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 304 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 03:30 PM

when can talks i want to take that and fertilize my garden with all that manure

#19 jrs034

jrs034

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,554 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 03:32 PM

Joe was so productive when Jacoby was a factor since then they both kinda tailed off they need to start giving him the ball more

Edited by jrs034, 10 November 2012 - 02:03 PM.

#20 I Roll With Purple n Black

I Roll With Purple n Black

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,223 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 03:38 PM

Here we go again we these same arguments throughout our season about how someone else needs to get abck involved. I just want to know why they were raken out of the equation in the first place. Why does it always seem like our offense is beind the learning curve? So many other teams are successfully doing what we keep on proposing but why is it continually so hard for us? Im sorry but being that this problem keeps going on and on tells me that is has to be Cam. How else can you justify that same consistent problems?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users