82 replies to this topic

#1 BR News

BR News

Hall of Famer

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,131 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 09:08 AM

Upshaw playing defensive tackle. Ngata: 'I can't do what I want.' Who is Taiwan Jones? Picks.

View the full article

#2 Berkeley_Raven

Berkeley_Raven

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,174 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 09:43 AM

It makes me uneasy when everyone picks the Ravens to win. But it is the Raiders, at home.

#3 Ravens530

Ravens530

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 09:48 AM

@Peter Schrager, I do think we looked pretty impressive week one against Cincinnati.

#4 budman

budman

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 684 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 09:52 AM

I still beleive in the Ravens. Every year we hear guys like Clark Judge and other writers just completly write us off. I used to get mad, but now just chalk it up to the norm. Ravens always prove them wrong, yet you never hear any of that.
I will say this as a life long Raven fan--If the Defense does not get back to anything remotely what we are used to, Dean Pees will not have a second year to try to prove himself. For years anyone that has taken over the Defense, has done a steller job. Top 5 usually. I am surprized that we do not hear about him being on the Hot Seat yet.

#5 PolishRifle

PolishRifle

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,832 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 09:54 AM

I think I broke my ankle jumpin on and off that "Joe Flacco is Elite"-bandwagon so many times. Such a tease.

#6 jive_1000

jive_1000

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 09:56 AM

The inconsistency alone prevents him from the elite status. When he's 'on' he's unstoppable but when he's 'off' he looks awful. I've thought for some time he may have some sort of condition that affects him this way. I like Joe, but that inconsistency is a real buzz kill.

#7 Hardhitters

Hardhitters

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 453 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 09:58 AM

Elite, that's a laugh... on to the next topic.

Well, nobody can say that Defensive Coordinator Dean Pees isn't being creative. He's trying anything and everything to help his struggling unit improve.

Did you try the 4-3 yet?

#8 ksk316

ksk316

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 10:03 AM

I don't think Flacco is elite.
5 years into his career, he still has problems of a rookie. So he is quite far from being labeled elite and he'll never get there.
But I don't care. He's a good QB that has bad days on job. We just need to play good defense and Flacco can get the job done for us.

#9 Hardhitters

Hardhitters

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 453 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 10:10 AM

They need to play good offense so the defense can do their job. The defense is banged up and the offense is healthy. If the offense get at least 3-4 first downs a drive the struggling defense will have more energy to not only hold to 3 points but also stop them before they're in 3 point range. Think about Ngata offense, if y'all keep going 3 and out y'all going to have him in a sweat suit with Ray Lewis.

#10 coreyadams

coreyadams

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,294 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 10:16 AM

He hasn't proved much this year.
The offense looks like we struggle to get first downs consistantly week in and week out

#11 Guest_llwillow1231_*

Guest_llwillow1231_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 November 2012 - 10:17 AM

I don't like all the pundits picking us . no trap game this week . Joe needs to air it out like he did against cincy.

#12 coreyadams

coreyadams

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,294 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 10:19 AM

Is it the playbook? Hell I don't know! The season is driving me crazy.

#13 balfan23

balfan23

MVP

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,679 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 10:25 AM

So sick of that term ... elite. I don't care if he's elite. I don't need for analysts to put him in a category with Brady, Rogers, Manning and Brees. I want him to work within the confines of our team and lead us to wins and ultimately to a championship.

#14 Dwayne10000Watts

Dwayne10000Watts

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 10:26 AM

I think I broke my ankle jumpin on and off that "Joe Flacco is Elite"-bandwagon so many times. Such a tease.

For me, it isn't a bandwagon. Joe's elite. Different. But, elite. Go Ravens!!! :)

#15 respecttheRaven

respecttheRaven

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 697 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 10:30 AM

I just can't wait for the WHOLE team to play to it's full potential........it will be so sweet!!!!!!

#16 Dwayne10000Watts

Dwayne10000Watts

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 10:34 AM

Idc who the pundits pick, we're at The Bank, baby! Joe's elite!! And, w/Suggs back, so came the "D"!!! Go Ravens!!! :)

#17 atmosphere00

atmosphere00

Practice Squad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 10:36 AM

I like Flacco I think he is a beast. Would I go as far as to say he is elite yet? No probably not, but at the same time you cant blame him for the problems on offense. If you watch alot of the drop passes Flacco is right on the money the reciver is just not putting a 100 percent into catching the ball. Truth is though Flacco has just been under one offense this whole time and I think alot of it limits him. We never seem to use the middle of the feild ect ect. The real question is do I think Flacco could lead the Ravens to a superbowl? YES, and thats all that matters. We need to now fix the D this is the one thing I think all Ravens fans took pride in was ALWAYS having a top 5 defense.

#18 Dwayne10000Watts

Dwayne10000Watts

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 10:36 AM

I just can't wait for the WHOLE team to play to it's full potential........it will be so sweet!!!!!!

Yes!!! Those first few drives last Sunday were a thing of beauty, were they not? Go Ravens!!! :)

#19 bmorefan444

bmorefan444

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,051 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 10:38 AM

It's frustrating to see Flacco go out one week and play like a top 5 QB, and then follow up his stellar performance looking like Kyle Boller. When he is on, he is definitely a top 5 QB. Too bad he only has a few of those games every year. He will never reach elite status because of his inconsistency. Still love him, though!

#20 smolina2o1

smolina2o1

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 10:39 AM

ravens defense is terrible, smh we need to get back to ravens basics and stop the run and limit big play opportunity, Joe Flacco will come along but he has to realize how inconsistent he has been in past years. Cam Cameron is on the hot seat and i can see Jim Caldwell preparing to take over next year as offensive coordinator, especially if Cam cant figure out how to get Ravens playmakers the ball in crucial and ordinary game situations

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users