Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BR News

[News] Late For Work 11/9: Joe Flacco Hasn't Sold Elite Status ... Yet

83 posts in this topic

Upshaw playing defensive tackle. Ngata: 'I can't do what I want.' Who is Taiwan Jones? Picks.

[url=http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Late-For-Work-119-Joe-Flacco-Hasnt-Sold-Elite-Status--Yet/aa98a8e1-c288-4d3c-bb68-8f672a9631bb]View the full article[/url]

I still beleive in the Ravens. Every year we hear guys like Clark Judge and other writers just completly write us off. I used to get mad, but now just chalk it up to the norm. Ravens always prove them wrong, yet you never hear any of that.
I will say this as a life long Raven fan--If the Defense does not get back to anything remotely what we are used to, Dean Pees will not have a second year to try to prove himself. For years anyone that has taken over the Defense, has done a steller job. Top 5 usually. I am surprized that we do not hear about him being on the Hot Seat yet.

The inconsistency alone prevents him from the elite status. When he's 'on' he's unstoppable but when he's 'off' he looks awful. I've thought for some time he may have some sort of condition that affects him this way. I like Joe, but that inconsistency is a real buzz kill.

Elite, that's a laugh... on to the next topic.

Well, nobody can say that Defensive Coordinator Dean Pees isn't being creative. He's trying anything and everything to help his struggling unit improve.

Did you try the 4-3 yet?

I don't think Flacco is elite.
5 years into his career, he still has problems of a rookie. So he is quite far from being labeled elite and he'll never get there.
But I don't care. He's a good QB that has bad days on job. We just need to play good defense and Flacco can get the job done for us.

They need to play good offense so the defense can do their job. The defense is banged up and the offense is healthy. If the offense get at least 3-4 first downs a drive the struggling defense will have more energy to not only hold to 3 points but also stop them before they're in 3 point range. Think about Ngata offense, if y'all keep going 3 and out y'all going to have him in a sweat suit with Ray Lewis.

He hasn't proved much this year.
The offense looks like we struggle to get first downs consistantly week in and week out

I don't like all the pundits picking us . no trap game this week . Joe needs to air it out like he did against cincy.

So sick of that term ... elite. I don't care if he's elite. I don't need for analysts to put him in a category with Brady, Rogers, Manning and Brees. I want him to work within the confines of our team and lead us to wins and ultimately to a championship.

[quote name='PolishRifle' timestamp='1352472840' post='1213832']
I think I broke my ankle jumpin on and off that "Joe Flacco is Elite"-bandwagon so many times. Such a tease.
[/quote]For me, it isn't a bandwagon. Joe's elite. Different. But, elite. Go Ravens!!! :)

I like Flacco I think he is a beast. Would I go as far as to say he is elite yet? No probably not, but at the same time you cant blame him for the problems on offense. If you watch alot of the drop passes Flacco is right on the money the reciver is just not putting a 100 percent into catching the ball. Truth is though Flacco has just been under one offense this whole time and I think alot of it limits him. We never seem to use the middle of the feild ect ect. The real question is do I think Flacco could lead the Ravens to a superbowl? YES, and thats all that matters. We need to now fix the D this is the one thing I think all Ravens fans took pride in was ALWAYS having a top 5 defense.

[quote name='respecttheRaven' timestamp='1352475014' post='1213859']
I just can't wait for the WHOLE team to play to it's full potential........it will be so sweet!!!!!!
[/quote]Yes!!! Those first few drives last Sunday were a thing of beauty, were they not? Go Ravens!!! :)

It's frustrating to see Flacco go out one week and play like a top 5 QB, and then follow up his stellar performance looking like Kyle Boller. When he is on, he is definitely a top 5 QB. Too bad he only has a few of those games every year. He will never reach elite status because of his inconsistency. Still love him, though!

ravens defense is terrible, smh we need to get back to ravens basics and stop the run and limit big play opportunity, Joe Flacco will come along but he has to realize how inconsistent he has been in past years. Cam Cameron is on the hot seat and i can see Jim Caldwell preparing to take over next year as offensive coordinator, especially if Cam cant figure out how to get Ravens playmakers the ball in crucial and ordinary game situations

Flacco could get the Elite ranking if he put up 30 TDs by the end of the season, but that would start (or restart) on Sunday. I predict he throws for 270 yds and 2TDs by game's end.

Y'all going to hate the quote by Eric Decker just because he mentions Matt Ryan, but oh well. Reality is to be lived in and fantasy is to be wondered. This has nothing to do with who has playoff wins but current production.

"The great quarterbacks in the league right now - Aaron Rodgers, Tom Brady, Matt Ryan - all these guys, have about seven, eight, nine guys catching the ball every game," said Decker, who had five catches for 54 yards. "That's because they're not forcing it to one or two guys. They're spreading it out and letting the game come to them."

ie... stop forcing it to Pitta and use him like we did last year. The elite Flacco was the one who checked down to Rice all the time, that's where the good stats was, now we can't check down as much we're dealing with average Joe, and the crowd eyes finally opens.

Joe is not elite. If his agent gives a rats butt about Joe, and what kind of future he will really have, he willnot milk the Ravens for Elite money. If we pay Joe, Ray Rice, Vonte Leach, Boldin, Ngata, Suggs ELite money for thier position, we end up where we are now. Filling in the rest of the spots with marginal roll players. In the above article, he is not even one of the top five players on our team and not a top 50 player in the NFL. He should get less then Matt Ryan and More then Romo. That is his wheel house. He is not a Manning, Breeze, Brady, Manning, Qb. Please get over it and move on.

Man im tired of hearing about these steelers , an how they are the team to beat or the hottest team in football .. arnt the falcons 8-0?? lol But Joe is a good qb , hate the ELITE voting , an how that goes .. but he is our qb and a good one. He will do good this week because we are home , an im sure when we goto Pitt, He is familar with that field and he always comes up big there. Maybe not a big game but he will make the game difference play. .. jus my thoughts

[quote name='smolina2o1' timestamp='1352475547' post='1213867']
ravens defense is terrible, smh we need to get back to ravens basics and stop the run and limit big play opportunity, Joe Flacco will come along but he has to realize how inconsistent he has been in past years. Cam Cameron is on the hot seat and i can see Jim Caldwell preparing to take over next year as offensive coordinator, especially if Cam cant figure out how to get Ravens playmakers the ball in crucial and ordinary game situations
[/quote]
Agreed. Pees is as good as gone. Cam will be if he cant get it together. Joe's time is here. Our SB hopes depend on Joe. If he does win the MVP in the SB tho..... ESPN will call BS on him, and Skip will still say Tebow is better.

Are the Steelers a better team than the Ravens. In the past several years I would be ready to pick up cudgels against anybody that even suggested such blasphemy! However, not so much this year.... something about my Ravens just isn't right, but I can't put my finger on it just yet.

Is it Flacco disappointing us with his inconsistency and proving elite QB status is much farther away than we believed (perhaps never)? Or is it our porous defense that resembles swiss cheese? Or is it the coaching? Or is it lack of cohesiveness both on offense or defense? Or has the rest of the league just improved so much with us remaining the same on talent? Or are they all of the above? If that is so, then we are in deep trouble to win the SB anytime soon....

I would agree that Flacco is good but can and should be much better now. There wouldn't be much criticism about him if the word elite didn't keep popping up once a month. Do you lie to your kid and tell them they're something they're not or do you tell them what they are and what they can be from harder work. Lie to them now and the world will later put them in their place. That will be their hard day in life.

We need to stop talking about this 'elite' label with Flacco. The only reason this is even a topic is because his agent said it nobody else thought of Flacco as 'elite' prior to his agent saying it and the reason why it caught headlines was because it was so controversial. If Flacco was truly 'elite' there would not be such a firestorm of controversy about it. Thank you Falcco's agent for starting this mess.

Flacco needs to see this offense as himself and not "we did this" or "we didn't do that". Flacco we knew what Boldin was before you got him. We know Torrey Smith, Dennis Pitta, Jacoby Jones, and Ray Rice can play. We know the line is not as bad as half the league. That is a recipe for any elite QB to flat out ball. Go do it!