97 replies to this topic

#1 BR News

BR News

Hall of Famer

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,247 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 05:02 PM

Baltimore ranks 22nd in the NFL in converting on third down this season.

View the full article

#2 Ravenseconbeast

Ravenseconbeast

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,651 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 05:28 PM

Six straight 3 & outs.

Players better wake up.

#3 bigdaddycompton

bigdaddycompton

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 410 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 05:39 PM

Cameron said there isn't a single factor leading to the failed conversions. Yea there is, it's you.

#4 Tyrone Jones

Tyrone Jones

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 364 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 05:39 PM

This is why our defense gets burned out

#5 roamingcharges

roamingcharges

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 377 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 05:40 PM

...And you, Cam, are getting fired the next morning!

#6 The Greek

The Greek

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,396 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 06:16 PM

a new oc would be great but its not all his fault. we have seen plenty of dropped 3rd down passes this season and over and underthrown ones as well. the players need to be accountable as well and get there heads in the game

#7 ozrave

ozrave

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 881 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 06:16 PM

"It's one thing here and there."

I am a life-long Raven. But this sort of comment drives me batty.

Cite one of the causes and lay out a plan to get it fixed. Or say nothing.

But OC and HC - please - don't say it's a little here and there. It puts the topic back on the back-burner, and lowers any sense of urgency.

Go Ravens !

Edited by ozrave, 08 November 2012 - 06:19 PM.

#8 EpicRavensfan2!

EpicRavensfan2!

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 681 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 06:18 PM

You always need a check down on 3rd down. whther it be a TE,RB,WR something make sure you can make a play.

#9 RiseNconquer

RiseNconquer

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 752 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 06:19 PM

Funny, Cam never once suggested that the problem could be an ineffective game plan, inability to make appropriate gametime adjustments or poor offensive scheme. The common denominator ther would br you Cam.

We ran Leron McClain out of town because he wanted (and could) run and receive the ball. Bring Vontae Leach in who had like 2 carries in his career and then throw him passes out of the backfield like Leron McClain.

#10 RiseNconquer

RiseNconquer

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 752 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 06:26 PM

"Cameron said that simply requires better execution."

I love Pitta! How refreshing, our offense struggles on 3rd down because we struggle on first and second down. Cam, that's not a simple problem. I agree with Pitta "That's a big problem that we're facing."

#11 Fastfingers

Fastfingers

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 06:42 PM

If we use Rice and Pierce in backfield who should they watch out for? This opens up the chance of deceiving the defense. Joe can always audible play action if they bite.

#12 JoeyFlex5

JoeyFlex5

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,117 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 06:44 PM

ok cam, YOU say we need to fix our problems on 3rd down, so heres what you do, learn to call a freaking play. seriously cam cameron has to be the worst OC in the league and for some reason he gets so much respect from the whole league(outside of ravens nation). cam cameron is notorious for not running the right personnel sets for the right situations, and even MORE notorious for having no clue how to design routes to get recievers open, not saying i could do it, but if ur such an amazing OC then why do we have 3 of the fastest receivers in the league(one doesnt even see the field) and one of the top 3 slot receivers this decade, and you still dont know how to take the top off a defense to create first downs from the slot, and even more importantly you get us stuck in 3rd and longs because again, you cant call plays to scare secondaries to open up running lanes. seriously cam we have a potent offense and you are RUINING it because you dont know how to compliment a potentially top 3 passing attack, and a potential top running game, and find the right blend to turn our O into a fine-tuned machine. we have all the pieces except for an elite LT and a OC

#13 BmoreKing

BmoreKing

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 733 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 06:48 PM

I just had an epiphany. Could Cam Cameron actually be a genius. I'm way too critical of him. I thought we should have gotten rid of him a 3 years ago. Then, I was watching ESPN and they were talking about how teams prepare for december football. I hated how we used Rice at the beginning of last year and this year so far. Could this actually be Cam's overall goal? Passing heavy and spreading out the field through the first trimester to get Flacco going, and to get his WRs in sync, so when we really need them at the end of the season they are in position to back up the running game? Then we run the ball mid-to-late in the season to 1. Save Rice energy so he peaks at the best time 2. Run the ball in rough weather to limit turnovers. The more I think about it the more it makes sense. Building a team for a late playoff run. Cam Cameron, is he a genius or idiot? All I know is being 6-2 without using our strength, for the most part, is interesting.

#14 ozrave

ozrave

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 881 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 06:51 PM

@ BmoreKing, your comment is most thoughtful

#15 ravne05

ravne05

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 814 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 06:53 PM

Enough with the Cam articles the reason you might not make the playoffs your play calling is brutal and Pees has no idea whats going on thats what will keep you out of the playoffs.we see the obvious we dont need Cam to tell us what we already know. Cam you need to get better you have no idea how to fix this offense.

#16 Fastfingers

Fastfingers

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 07:03 PM

I just had an epiphany.

Planning for the run. I think that is what they are trying to do with McKinnie. He wasn't traded because no one would take a chance on him. McKinnie may think since he wasn't traded he in now playing for a job. Now if he works out right for the next half our offense could benefit.

#17 NCMan

NCMan

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,207 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 07:03 PM

Hey Cam.....nothing will ever get better while you are there and Flacco will never, ever be more than an average QB. Ever. Long overdue for a change at OC. Every week its "well, we need to get better at this or that". Really?

#18 HomeoftheBRAVENS

HomeoftheBRAVENS

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 715 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 07:05 PM

This is why our defense gets burned out

Our defense gets burned out because they suck.

Edited by HomeoftheBRAVENS, 08 November 2012 - 07:05 PM.

#19 Militant X 1

Militant X 1

"Raven Renegade757"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,103 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 07:07 PM

Cameron said there isn't a single factor leading to the failed conversions.

"Maybe we need a little better protection one week," he said. "The next week maybe we need a little more separation. Again, uncharacteristically, maybe one week we won't catch the ball as well. So, it's one thing here and there." What the Ravens need is more confidence that they're going to move the chains, Cameron said.

"The bottom line is the [throwing] windows are going to be tight," Cameron said. "So your ability to just have the confidence to throw the ball in there and have guys make catches for you is everything. We all see the same games on TV. There are not a lot of guys running around just wide open on third down. So, confidence then takes on an added dimension on third down."

so once again...the O.C. throws the QB under the bus! SMH!

~Mili

Edited by Militant X 1, 08 November 2012 - 07:10 PM.

#20 The Mom Gene

The Mom Gene

Hall of Famer

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,605 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 07:07 PM

I just had an epiphany. Could Cam Cameron actually be a genius. I'm way too critical of him. I thought we should have gotten rid of him a 3 years ago. Then, I was watching ESPN and they were talking about how teams prepare for december football. I hated how we used Rice at the beginning of last year and this year so far. Could this actually be Cam's overall goal? Passing heavy and spreading out the field through the first trimester to get Flacco going, and to get his WRs in sync, so when we really need them at the end of the season they are in position to back up the running game? Then we run the ball mid-to-late in the season to 1. Save Rice energy so he peaks at the best time 2. Run the ball in rough weather to limit turnovers. The more I think about it the more it makes sense. Building a team for a late playoff run. Cam Cameron, is he a genius or idiot? All I know is being 6-2 without using our strength, for the most part, is interesting.

Bmore... Lots of people are way too critical. I have tweeted and emailed several analysts about Cam Cameron. Mainly because I have been chastised on the site for supporting him so much. He's not a bad coordinator. I got one reply back from an analyst to my email, and I have saved it... but I can tell you the response was that: "Many Baltimore fans have been critical of Cam Cameron. The question you ask is if I think they are justified"... "Let the Baltimore Ravens release Cam and see how fast he is picked up by another team"... "I hope that answers your question"... That's all it said....

117hd79.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users