Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JO_75

Week 10 Discussion (Other Games)

763 posts in this topic

So Week 10 kicks off in Jacksonville as the Jaguars host Andrew Luck and the Indianapolis Colts in a AFC South showdown. Why the NFL continues to schedule prime time games in Jacksonville is beyond me. So I'll just skip to the rest of Week 10 since the Colts will win this one and Jacksonville refuses to give up on Matt Barkley/Geno Smith.

AFC North:
- Bengals Host the Giants
- Steelers Host the Chiefs
- Browns on a Bye

AFC # 1 Seed Battle:
- Texans travel to Chicago where the Bears defense will test Matt Schaub and the Texans offense.

Road to Perfection:
- Atlanta goes on the Road to New Orleans where they look to go 9-0.

Anyone going to spend tonight watching the Jags get blown out by the upstart Lucky Colts? I think I'll pass, personally.

I'll be watching. I think it's going to be a lot closer then people think. I almost want to pick Jags to win this

giants and bears and hope panthers wake up and play again; chiefs and bills are so bad, won't bother to hope for upsets there; atlanta doesn't present any interest

I don't know if anyone was watching but they were discussing the importance of having a first round quarterback, and that's a bunch of non-sense. Yeah sure you draft a 1st round QB but for every Aaron Rodgers, Andrew Luck, Peyton Manning there's a Tom Brady, Kurt Warner. Brett Favre was drafted in the second round and turned out to be a future hall of a famer. Brady's story is well documented.

Also for every great QB drafted in the first there is a Jamarcus Russell, Tim Couch and Ryan Leaf. So I don't agree having a first quarterback is needed since most first round quarterbacks are given opportunities right away compared to quarterbacks drafted not in the first round.

I find it hard to believe that the Jaguars only win came against a 5-3 Colts team.

[quote name='PolishRifle' timestamp='1352424647' post='1213589']
I like Luck more than I should as a Ravens fan.
[/quote]

I like Luck but I just still wish he wasn't drafted by the Colts. I still believe it was a conspiracy theory to get Luck.

[quote name='JO_75' timestamp='1352425126' post='1213593']
I like Luck but I just still wish he wasn't drafted by the Colts. I still believe it was a conspiracy theory to get Luck.
[/quote]
Lucks gonna be a top 3 QB, and much better than Flacco and Ryan.

[/quote]

You mean the "Suck for Luck"-thing. Yeah, I would have an easier time cheering for the guy, if it were not for the team he is playing for.

[quote name='PolishRifle' timestamp='1352425462' post='1213596']
You mean the "Suck for Luck"-thing. Yeah, I would have an easier time cheering for the guy, if it were not for the team he is playing for.
[/quote]

Even though I would have felt bad for him if he wound up in Washington, I mean to have Dan Snyder as your owner, I actually feel sorry for RG3.

So far this game is... eh.

I like Luck but I just still wish he wasn't drafted by the Colts. [b]I still believe it was a conspiracy theory to get Luck.[/b]
[/quote]

What was?

[quote name='Mr. Irrelevant' timestamp='1352425357' post='1213594']
Lucks gonna be a top 3 QB, and much better than Flacco and Ryan.
[/quote]

I am probably being a homer, but I still believe Flacco would be a star by now, if he would've ended up in a better system. The Ravens never had a great offense, had always little success drafting offensive talent, the QB has always been the scapegoat and now that we do have weapons on offense Cam still ruins it all with his playcalling.
10mins in and I have seen Luck throw to open receivers atleast three times, which is about as often as I have seen Joe making easy throws.

[quote name='RavensAllTheWay' timestamp='1352425700' post='1213603']
What was?
[/quote]

The minute they knew Peyton couldn't play, they decided to well, Suck for Luck and it worked.

[quote name='JO_75' timestamp='1352425972' post='1213611']
The minute they knew Peyton couldn't play, they decided to well, Suck for Luck and it worked.
[/quote]

What choice did they have? It was that, force Peyton into action, or make a short sighted trade that would likely lead to you passing on Luck the following April.

[quote name='display name' timestamp='1352427254' post='1213631']
Anyone know if Pagano's back for this game?
[/quote]

Nope.

That is not a Touchdown. Luck is not even close to the goal line.

[quote name='display name' timestamp='1352428135' post='1213645']
OK that coach is an idiot. As are the reffs.
[/quote]

Ok, where are the reports of grading the regular refs at??? Oh yeah, the media was biased toward the regular officials and were untouchable while they had no problem badmouthing the Replacements.

OMG, how did they call that a score. Luck was not even close to the goal line plus the ball was loose and he didn't have control of it. Biased much officials?

That was a catch, he had both feet in bounds and is in. These refs are trying to give this game to the Colts. Any coincidence that the interception the Jags had was negated by a penalty?

I cant bbelieve they ruled that td. I thought it was automatic review.

Wow hell of a catch.

Where has Blackmon been this game? You'd think they'd try to get him involved somehow.

Well the Jags are getting screwed and shooting themselves in the foot. I personally think the second Luck TD was debatable, but the other calls that should've gone in their favor went against them.

[quote name='JO_75' timestamp='1352428603' post='1213661']
That was a catch, he had both feet in bounds and is in. These refs are trying to give this game to the Colts. [b]Any coincidence that the interception the Jags had was negated by a penalty?[/b]
[/quote]

No because that was a helmet to helmet, blow to the head. You don't have to like the rule, but it was a good call. However, other calls that should've gone in JAXs favor didn't.

[quote name='RavensAllTheWay' timestamp='1352428932' post='1213672']
No because that was a helmet to helmet, blow to the head. You don't have to like the rule, but it was a good call. However, other calls that should've gone in JAXs favor didn't.
[/quote]
He hit with his shoulder.

[quote name='display name' timestamp='1352428976' post='1213673']
He hit with his shoulder.
[/quote]

No he didn't. That was a blatant helmet to helmet hit on the QB.

So I thought Reggie Wayne was a man, loved how he immediately looked for a flag. PI or not, your going to get tackled no matter what so don't cry for a flag.

Dawan Landry says, take this refs and intercepts the ball. Take that officials! Can the Jags battle back against the Colts and the Refs?

Lmao "See the hit Luck made?"

Clear bias there.

Congrats Landry, he learnt that lateral from ed. :)