53 replies to this topic

#1 BR News

BR News

Hall of Famer

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,559 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 11:43 AM

Dennis Pitta said he would love to be more involved on offense.

View the full article

#2 Berkeley_Raven

Berkeley_Raven

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,174 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 11:56 AM

Where is Bajema? If the ball's bouncing off of either Dickson's or Pitta's hands, why not give Bajema a shot? The guy made the roster for a reason...

#3 Grapple Raven

Grapple Raven

MVP

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,302 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 12:00 PM

Dickson go hang out at Jacoby's house and use his jugs machine...its working for Jacoby!

#4 Hardhitters

Hardhitters

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 474 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 12:06 PM

Bajema is good and remind me of Heap, but really are the Patriots calling for their #3 also?

Quarterback Joe Flacco, who has a strong connection with Pitta, said he doesn't think there's anything the tight ends have done or defenses have done to shut them down that has led to their drop in production.

Flacco bond with Pitta isn't a bad thing but I saw this coming, friends making friends shine now look what we have, absent TEs. This is Flacco's fault, of course Dickson drops count as a part of it but Flacco know Dickson is good and should keep targeting him to give him a bounce back chance. No targets equals no recognition equals everybody thinking he isn't good. Dickson is a beast, stop playing and get him involved.

Edited by Hardhitters, 08 November 2012 - 12:09 PM.

#5 FerrariFan87

FerrariFan87

Trust Me, A Jedi I Am

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,317 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 12:07 PM

Great idea, Grapple! JUGS party at Jacoby's!

2550rra.jpg

#6 Hardhitters

Hardhitters

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 474 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 12:15 PM

Forget Jacoby's house, Dickson need to do what Pitta doing, going over Flacco's house. Jacoby not getting targeted that much anymore either.

#7 steeler hater

steeler hater

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 12:20 PM

Bajema is good and remind me of Heap, but really are the Patriots calling for their #3 also?

Quarterback Joe Flacco, who has a strong connection with Pitta, said he doesn't think there's anything the tight ends have done or defenses have done to shut them down that has led to their drop in production.

Flacco bond with Pitta isn't a bad thing but I saw this coming, friends making friends shine now look what we have, absent TEs. This is Flacco's fault, of course Dickson drops count as a part of it but Flacco know Dickson is good and should keep targeting him to give him a bounce back chance. No targets equals no recognition equals everybody thinking he isn't good. Dickson is a beast, stop playing and get him involved.

What's Joe's friendship with Pitta have to with Dickson's drops?

#8 steelcityraven

steelcityraven

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,448 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 12:28 PM

I think that Dickson needs to be more productive... but I also think that our TE's issue is the play calling! CAM needs to take HArbs challenge to heart also!

#9 Ravensfan4life2010

Ravensfan4life2010

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 521 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 12:30 PM

So what am i missing how is it joe flacco fault for dickson dropping passes. This is a business your paid to catch the football, and remember almost every, no every drop pass from dickson has been a perfectly thrown ball. It doesnt matter if joe and dennis are great friends off the field. That should not effect the other te's play; what is Dickson that jealous of pitta that he has to drop passes. NO flacco throws it to everybody may not have great confidence to ed becuase he drops so many passes.

Yo Ryan mink what is the stat of our team in dropped passes? Or anybody thank you

Edited by Ravensfan4life2010, 08 November 2012 - 12:33 PM.

#10 Hardhitters

Hardhitters

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 474 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 12:31 PM

@steeler hater

It's a matter of my personal opinion, ever since their friendship has been highlighted Dickson has been no where to be found and Flacco has started throwing to Pitta recklessly.
Target Dickson more or all we will remember is the few drops he had.

#11 Hardhitters

Hardhitters

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 474 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 12:35 PM

If Flacco lost confidence in Dickson than sit with him on the sideline and build it back up. Communicate, get it right.

#12 Hardhitters

Hardhitters

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 474 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 12:38 PM

What has the benefit of Pitta starting accomplished? In my opinion it accomplished going from 2 of the best TEs to wondering what our 3rd TE can do. It wasn't broke, just needed adjustment, but this adjustment left us with nothing.

#13 Guest_llwillow1231_*

Guest_llwillow1231_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 November 2012 - 01:20 PM

dickson drops allot of passes thats why he's not targetted . its not a conspiracy . Joe's numbers take a hit as well when they drop balls . i think any qb is going to go to a shorehanded reciever as opposed to one who is having problems esp when the offense is struggling as it is .

#14 Purple Dawg 96

Purple Dawg 96

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,061 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 01:23 PM

They can use Dickson and Pitta on "SLANTS" and Double Moves down the middle or in the Slot at times! I really feel this two TE thing is affecting Dickson's play! He comes off the bench "COLD" and has to catch a "ROCKET"! Lol!

#15 Hardhitters

Hardhitters

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 474 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 01:31 PM

Boldin drop passes sometimes but who would be the fool to not target him again. Build chemistry or let it go to waste.

#16 Ravenade

Ravenade

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 01:35 PM

I believe our offense needs these tight ends to step up big time. We take a one sided approach too much. We can't just let our receivers take the whole game on their shoulders or Ray Rice, it needs to be receivers, tight ends, and the running game all working together as completely different phases of the offense. Let's switch it up and add some speed to the game WITHOUT no-huddle.

#17 ksk316

ksk316

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 500 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 01:55 PM

"He had 40 catches for 40 yards and three scores last season."

Wow! That's got to be the worst performance ever.
I am looking for a second job. Can I get a job as a proofreader/fact checker, please?

#18 The Raven

The Raven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,170 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 02:04 PM

If Flacco lost confidence in Dickson than sit with him on the sideline and build it back up. Communicate, get it right.

Is sitting on the sideline a productive way of building up confidence?

Nope! Not even close!

#19 The Raven

The Raven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,170 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 02:06 PM

What has the benefit of Pitta starting accomplished? In my opinion it accomplished going from 2 of the best TEs to wondering what our 3rd TE can do. It wasn't broke, just needed adjustment, but this adjustment left us with nothing.

Maybe because of the obvious fact that Pitta is more reliable than Dickson. His hands are golden. Dickson couldn't even catch a cold. Pitta is more reliable on third down and in the red zone. Has he disappeared lately? Yes, he has. This is easily attributed to Cam's suspect play calling and the fact that defenses have started to game plan for Pitta.

#20 The Greek

The Greek

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,476 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 02:12 PM

the great jerry rice dropped soooo many passes and was booed his rookie season and noe he is the beast ever at his position. do not give up on dickson just yet

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users