17 replies to this topic

#1 BR News

BR News

Hall of Famer

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,632 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 05:42 PM

The Ravens have trended towards running the ball more in Nov., Dec. and Jan. for years.

View the full article

#2 display name

display name

Gotham's Reckoning

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,981 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 06:11 PM

Give Ray Rice the ball!

#3 mettro79

mettro79

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,396 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 06:14 PM

I'm not saying that Rice has to get the ball every play. Depending on the strengths of the teams that we are playing, I would imagine more passing on a bad pass defense and so forth. But if we aren't to far behind and we aren't passing well, why would we not let Rice run more?

#4 Ravensfansince03

Ravensfansince03

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,627 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 06:22 PM

We need to stick with the running game more so it can open up room for passing plays. We have a top notch running back with Ray Rice and a very hungry back up running back named Bernard Pierce. We have always been a smash mouth running the ball straight at the enemy type of offense. whenever we shy away from the running game we rarely win games.

I'm not saying stay away from the passing game because we need that. I'm saying run more so we can have more sucess passing.

#5 The Greek

The Greek

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,504 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 06:38 PM

i agree with saving your best back for the cold weather and playoffs but that is why you have leach pierce allen berry and rainy. give these guys carries and run down teams throats!!

#6 Purple Dawg 96

Purple Dawg 96

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,084 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 07:24 PM

That's Why "COMPLAINING" is Pointless in September and October! "Patience Grasshopper"! The Ravens should of went undefeated in Sept. but they were Robbed! In October it was "FINALLY" the texans time and they Learned something in the Loss! Rice can probably get close to a 1000yds in the month of December with the "Fear" Joe puts into defense's!

#7 PolishRifle

PolishRifle

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,263 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 07:40 PM

Cam Cameron doing something over and over again? Now I'm surprised.

#8 Ravenade

Ravenade

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 10:53 PM

Yeah, let's go Ray Rice! I got your jersey brotha. I feel if we completely change the running schemes up and really focus on it's development then we won't lose games because sooner or later someone will get open down field. Play action and three backs in the backfield and wild cat and no huddle. let's revolve and change stuff up throughout the game. Let Cam call some plays and Joe call some plays. I feel like the more random it is the more the defense will have to adjust and figure stuff out. The game plan is nice but what happens when the other team figures out the game plan? Especially when ours is so simple? We need lots more, let's go Cam, people on here don't have faith in you but I feel like you're bound to surprise someone sometime.

#9 MightyMouseLittleRay

MightyMouseLittleRay

Practice Squad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 01:29 AM

Give Mighty Mouse Little Ray da ball !

#10 Purple City Bird Gang

Purple City Bird Gang

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,906 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 01:44 AM

This is when were at our best! If the D is half as tough as years past we'll be in good shape on the road. Let's get it #27

#11 Guest_Mr. Nobody_*

Guest_Mr. Nobody_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 November 2012 - 04:09 AM

this is how we do it yeah

#12 Purple n Black

Purple n Black

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 07:30 AM

Run Ray Run

#13 ibleedpurpleandblack

ibleedpurpleandblack

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,680 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 09:59 AM

I have to admit I agree with Cam, keep Rice fresh and use him the most towards the end of the year and in to the post season, we are blessed to have 2 other capable backs that can share the load, hell run Pierce first, the sprinkle in some Rice and by the 4th Q Rice will be running people over...

#14 catgirl54

catgirl54

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 218 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 12:21 PM

Understandable, but we have more than one running back. We play better (Flacco) when there is a balance. Vonta Leach should be played more, too, IMHO. He is a valuable asset.

#15 jrs034

jrs034

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,554 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 03:37 PM

feed the beast

#16 Ravens_Flock

Ravens_Flock

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,704 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 04:44 PM

It's nothing new because Cam is an absolute Moron. The only reason we were a RUNNING team in 2008, is because Flacco was brand new and wasn't even supposed to start over Boller or Smith originally. And guess what, that "Three Headed Monster" approach worked great. Sure, it was out of neccisity because starter (at the time) Willis McGahee unforuntately had to deal with several injuries throughout the season. But he still wound up with almost 700 yds. and 7 TDs, and even Rice had about 450 yds. That tells you something, when you're giving carries to three different backs, and they have 900, 700 and 400 yds.

Now THAT'S a running game. Rice would be in the Top 5 in rushing right now, if he had been getting his due number of carries per game since Week 1. Cam needs to go, but until that finally (ever) happens, SOMEONE needs to make him run the damn ball.

#17 NorwayLovesRavens

NorwayLovesRavens

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 05:19 PM

Run Ray Run!!! ;-))

#18 J.Flacco#5

J.Flacco#5

Pro Bowler

• Members