Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BR News

[News] David Reed Giddy In Return, Hopes To Win Roster Spot

44 posts in this topic

The third-year wide receiver/kick returner returned to his first practice in 11 months.

[url=http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/David-Reed-Giddy-In-Return-Hopes-To-Win-Roster-Spot/6d07b6dc-b918-4d27-9951-fe1c6aa26db3]View the full article[/url]

I understand our office doesn't like dropping draft picks but David Reed had all the opportunities to prove himself these past 3 years while he was healthy. Give his spot to Tommy Streeter when he's back. our return position is already taken by Jones/Thompson and we're TOO deep on wide receiver.

Class act move by the ravens get em back healthy then cut em rather than just cut em last yr with his injury and jus throw him to the wolves he rehabbed at our facility and got em self back they take care of there own but its time to cut em were deep at wide out sorry d.reed

If the coaching staff hasn't already cut Reed, there must be a good reason for it. So I am going to wish David Reed the best. I hope you become a star slot receiver for the Ravens buddy!

IDK... i really dont see how he can help us more then say Laquan or Deonte. I hope his return doesnt take reps from those guys (or even Doss for that matter)????

David has nothing on jones... Shoud have cut this guy a long time ago

[quote name='Purple Dawg 96' timestamp='1352325706' post='1212963']
When he touches the Ball I just get "NERRRRRVOUS"!
[/quote]

Amen to that! Touching is all he seems to do, now holding on is a whole 'nother issue.

Wasnt Reed the league leader in either kick or punt returns? Yeah he had a bad game but Jacoby did too, remember? I say give him a shot.

He hasnt played as a WR, we all know what he did as a Kr, but everyone make's errors... so i would give him a shot as a wr to see what he really got...

I've always thought that Reed could be a good WR. I don't believe he'll take the Return job from Jacoby, but I'm curious as to his value as a WR.

Mabye Jacoby is going to return kicks full time, set Reed up as our full time slot reciever... bring Jacoby in for 4 WR sets?? idk what's going on to be honest.

Tandon Doss,Deonte Thompson,Laquan Williams and David Reed?Three other wideouts better than Reed and we need players on defense.I just can,t see him in the Ravens future plans.

Here me out guys.

The reason Reed hasn't been cut yet is because he was top 3 in KR average when he had the job!
2 like Williams, Thompson Doss he has not got a chance to actually play receiver in a game! He doesn't have a problem catching the ball (Whosyamama, Evans) he has speed. It's Cam doesn't believe in giving your bench full of fresh receivers a shot.

Where am I getting at?

It really doesn't matter who our 3rd,4th,5th WR are cuz they don't get on the field. Give these young speedsters a chance!

Oh I forgot to give Cam his props for in the Texans game for running a WR screen to Tandon Doss in the Redzone! Who expected that! Certainly not us fans, certainly not the Texans Defense!

Give me more Cam! Seriously great call!