Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BR News

[News] Late For Work 11/7: Terrell Suggs Slams Skip Bayless In Playoff Debate

73 posts in this topic

If Ravens drafted tomorrow. Are you a homer? NFL replies to injury report criticism. Rankings.

[url=http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Late-For-Work-117-Terrell-Suggs-Slams-Skip-Bayless-In-Playoff-Debate/5b6cd0c4-3a5a-49a9-ab17-25333870aa55]View the full article[/url]

"I hate to sound like a broken record, but who cares how impressive the victories have been?"

Mr. Vensel a lot of people should start caring especially since ugly wins don't win the superbowl... if no one "cares" that we don't look crisp, and dominate like we all know we have the potential to do, then we will continue to be "close" every year with no cigar. I know every Win won't be perfect but for ONCE this season I would love to sit at home or in the stands Sunday and watch us DESTROY a team on both sides of the ball... you know like we did the Steelers in the opener last year... But that "A win is a win" attitude does not demand excellence, it celebrates mediocrity, and who wouldn't expect the absolute best EVERY game? I know... they are called Redskins fans...

I am hoping for one game where I don't get stomach ulcers from being so anxious about every play. Can't we convincingly blow out a team for once? Sort of like what we did with Cincy in our opener?

There's no smoke without fire. This was supposed to be the offense's year to step up.
We all know the defense would take a hit with the players we lost in the offseason and the injuries to Webb, Lewis, Ngata rubbed salt on our wounds. Part II didn't start of great and the past two games have uncharacteristically been boring. We need some passion on the offense. Some spark. Still waiting for it... The only good thing I see if we don't make the playoffs or exit early is firing Cam and Pees.

I must admit that it's brutal watching the Ravens play the last couple of games because we never know how it will end. The bottom line is that we are 6 and 2 not 2 and 6. A few plays on either side of the balls may have reversed our fate but we still won. The only game where we looked over-matched was against the Texans. Don't worry, we will be biting our nails until the final game. Welcome to Ravens football.

[quote]Instead of bashing the purple and black with the way they’ve won, Elliot Harrison believes the Ravens have shown resilience with huge injuries and still maintaining a 6-2 record.[/quote]

Big thumbs up to that. We haven't just had the huge injuries to deal with, there's been a free agency drain on our talent for years.

Those who criticize us cant have it both ways. We are 6-2. It's your awful defense, no it's Flacco, no it's.....Both the defense and offense can not be bad at the same time and be 6-2.

Like Suggs said, Flacco has taken the bull by the horns. He has put us in position to make the playoffs again. Let's rally behind our QB folks.

I'd almost forgotten how much I love to hear Suggs knock Bayless down a few notches. Glad to have you back Sizzle!

skip has a job because people love first take. look up the ratings in comparison to other shows on espn networks and first take dominates. he gets paid to stir everyone up.

We will play better. Best way to shut Skip Bayless and other naysayers up is to win the whole darn thing . Flacco is going to play better esp now with players commenting on stagnant play calling harbs can no longer ignore it .

after listening to Skip Bayless Ramble on about stupidity for football everytime its his turn to speak they should literally SKIP Bayless and go to someone else lol

Bayless is clueless.... How did he get this job? Who did he play for?
I remember when George Forman almost slap Larry Merchant. That's why you don't see George on HBO any more.

I wonder at whe point during one of these Suggs/ Skip Clueless debates Suggs is going to reach out and B slap him!

With the way we've been playing, I'd rather lose all the rest of the games since we have no chance of winning the SB, so at least let's get a decent draft spot.

The only convincing game we played this season was Cinci. Good teams find a way to win, Great teams don't frustate their fans every game.

@DarkKnight52 - after listening to Skip Bayless Ramble on about stupidity for football everytime its his turn to speak they should literally SKIP Bayless and go to someone else lol

From what I understand, Bayless came out of Dallas radio broadcasting. He was just as clueless then. His whole MO appears to be nothing more than an over-rated sports hype agitator. It's irrelevant whether he's correct. He just says things to get a rise out of people. My question is - why does T Sizzle waste such time on petty fools like this ?

It is hard to watch Siz lower himself to keep engaging this guy. What an embarrassment, to what used to be the world wide leader...ESPN. I religiously change the channel at 10:00 AM every morning and it stays there until PTI and then off again. Have become a big fan of the Spanish speaking channel.

I've thrown away month-old, moldy leftovers from the back of my refrigerator that had more value to society than Skip Bayless.

Well, there's another way to look at this. The Ravens have felt the need to "prove" themselves this season in every game due to the criticism. They know they need to play great every game and not just take bad teams as a win before the game is played. So, they aren't losing to the Jacksonville's and Tennessee's of the league this season so far, as they did last season. It creates more of an us against the world mentality and the Ravens have proven to thrive in those conditions. I like our chances this season. You could see the defense improving last week and I feel a blow out is on the horizon against Oakland creating good momentum going into the Pittsburgh game.

Skip is a joke. I know were struggling, but which team doesnt? Its the NFL, theres no gimme team. How was Giants last year in regular season? Yeah they sucked too, but come playoff time they got their s-- together.

Its always good when the opponents undermines you. I'd rather people see us as a underdog anyway!

lolololololololololololololololol

Skip Bayless is just Pathetic , man he knows he doesn't have an argument. He did nothing but contradict himself.

I used to watch First Take but i just got so dam tired of looking and hearing Skip.

Thanks for posting because i would have never seen this.

That show is just joke now and its been like that for a few yrs now. So repetitive. I could do his job.

What is Killing us isn't our Defense, they actually played pretty darn good last week. It's the Flags that our hurting us, everytime we had them at 3rd and long and stopped them but the Flags kept their Drive alive.

[quote name='Zeus' timestamp='1352305440' post='1212735']
I bet skips mom hates him.
[/quote] When Skip was born, she kept the after birth and gave skip away.

[quote name='metalraven' timestamp='1352307188' post='1212755']
When Skip was born, she kept the after birth and gave skip away.
[/quote]

Yuck. I thought Skip hatched from an egg...

[quote name='Berkeley_Raven' timestamp='1352307733' post='1212764']
Yuck. I thought Skip hatched from an egg...
[/quote] From a snake

well all i have to say if we drafted tomorrow what we really need is a true to life rush DE opposite t-sizz because one year after seeing mcphee they shut him down....

Skip didnt realize that against kansas city, houston texans joe flacco was on his butt the entire game, picking himself up after every pass play. Also didnt realize on how the receivers cant get seperation, also there dropped passes. In addition we were robbed againts the eagles. Our D will get healthy just wait i see improvement. But next year super bowl win or not we must replace peas and cam. Hopefully i dont want to sound like i want them to get fired i would like get jason garret, or norv turner. Since sean payton rumours have him going to dallas

Stevie Wonder can see that they dont want the Ravens in the playoffs, they want the squeelers in it! Squeeler this and squeeler that but, "AFTER The Baltimore Ravens go to squeeltown and Hit them in the Mouth come Sunday Night then they will take notice! The squeelers beating the giants didnt Move me because the Ravens would have Beatin them in the Superbowl if Lee Evans didnt get that ball Swiped out his hands! Let the Wins do the Talking! Now skip bayless sounds like Busta Rhymes with all that Yah, Yah, Yah, Yah, Yah! "Ball So Hard" should get skip to "Wipe his Shoulder's Off" after the Ravens Win the Superbowl!

I can't really disagree with the power rankings themselves, but Mike Florio's comment is one of the dumbest one-liners I've ever read. Yeah, I would consider any game with any two teams who are division rivals a "must win" to degree. Not to mention the Browns defense is always underrated by the media and they play pretty much every team they play against tough. Whatever dude, keep thinking you're clever with your terrible quips...

Steve made the right comment to Skip-o-crite ... winning is all that matters when it supports his arguments ... but then it doesn't matter if it doesn't support his arguments.

With respect to the Ravens, Skip has turned into some kind of cartoon character.

That video brought a smile to my face, I enjoy Suggs making Bayless look pathetic!

Skip is a clown. He loves bringing up statistics but when it comes to us he leaves the out the one statistic that matters the most and thats WINS. Suggs won that debate hands down.

[quote name='Raven552' timestamp='1352312644' post='1212822']
I love watching Suggs roll over Skip.. :D
[/quote] Yea, its almost not fair..........Skip makes it too easy. Like a lion devouring a zebra, lol.