Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TreTheRaven

How has this team won 6 games?

43 posts in this topic

When I look at stats like these, it seriously makes me question.

26th in total defense. 28th against the run, and 22nd against the pass.

19th in total offense. 16th in rushing, and 15th in passing.

I know you're not complaining. Obviously we'll all take it!

I think the experience of this team is what has pulled us through some of these games, and a little bit of luck (Cowboys game). This team has veterans that find ways to win. We need to shore up some things on both sides the ball and if we can do that, it will be good enough for at least one playoff win again, hopefully more.

we scored more than our opponents 6 times... cleveland game is most relevant... teams can run on us, air bomb it... as long as we keep them from the end zone and then score some... we'll be fine, 7-2 to come and then we'll start playing beautiful football late december and january

The bigger issue is HOW did we lose to Philly? They are an absolute train wreck offensively and defensively

[quote name='redlobster' timestamp='1352297975' post='1212679']
The bigger issue is HOW did we lose to Philly? They are an absolute train wreck offensively and defensively
[/quote]

Philly is a different team when they arent starting 4 second string players on O line.

We're averaging 24 points per game, and our opponents are averaging 22 points per game against us, that equals wins.

Take away the houston game and we're averaging 26 vs 19

How have we won 6 games huh ?

Friend the games we have won were the games where either our defense or offense have stepped up. That is why i know that we will improve in both areas. We see glimmering spots of what we we can and will be. Our offense can be one of the best and our defense can hold its own. We have all seen them both shine at times this season and i think we have yet to play our most complete game but it will come before the play offs.

I say this because up until right now we have lost players, hoping other players would step up etc. From here on out the team we put on the field this Sunday will be the team we place on the field the rest of the year and they will grow as a group. Suggs will pull the defense together and Joe and Rice will lead our offense. No more guess work with players. From here on out the 53 man roster should not change and we will see a big difference.

I believe that all of th einjuries and shuffling of players has hurt us the most and now that we have a set group collectively we can grow as a team and make up for each others weaknesses.

We rank at the top in terms of takeaways and at the bottom in terms of turnovers.

As I have said befor there is only one stat that matters.
The score.

[quote name='Ravenseconbeast' timestamp='1352309869' post='1212780']
Must be our destiny to to hoist that Lombardi.
[/quote]
If we win the Super Bowl this year when we didn't win last year, sports will throw me the ultimate curveball.

Our defense can't force punts, and it leads to long drives that eat up the clock. We win games because the offense's efficiency has been there when they need it to be. They make use of the limited possessions. Especially when the game is on the line.

Good teams find a way to win, and pick themselves up after they lose. Did we lose a heartbreaker to Philly, yes. And then we rattled off 4 in a row. Did we get drilled by Houston, yes - then came out and won AT a division opponent, one who everyone said would give us a tough game, which they did. Will it get easier from here - no, we have several elite quarterbacks and emerging talents and tough road trips ahead. But this team knows how to win, how to close games, and how to regroup after a loss - they've done it four years in a row, and they will continue to do it, because it's all they've ever known. I'm not trying to be cliche, but anyone whose ever been a part of a winning team would understand that there's just a mentality you have that you are going to get the job done, regardless of how pretty it looks.

We really need to just embrace that we're 6-2. Yes, it hasn't been a pretty 6-2 but it's 6-2. Half way to 12-4.

12-4 ain't happening if we keep playing the way we are. Ill still take 6-2 for now though!

[quote name='Purple Nurple' timestamp='1352304028' post='1212714']
We scored more points than our opponents.
[/quote]darn! I was hoping no one said this!

[quote name='redlobster' timestamp='1352297975' post='1212679']
[/quote]

Philly game this year = (Jags, Titans, Seahawks) game last year. Pick 1.

[quote name='Purple Nurple' timestamp='1352316454' post='1212846']
12-4 ain't happening if we keep playing the way we are. Ill still take 6-2 for now though!
[/quote]

I cautiously say 10-6.

I could argue that I like the way this team is playing now. SB winners are not crowned in week 9. That may leave Atl, Pitt and some others out in week 20. We don't want to peak now. Ravens have to just get to the playoffs. Then we'll see what happens.

[quote name='JacktheRaven' timestamp='1352324143' post='1212935']
I could argue that I like the way this team is playing now. SB winners are not crowned in week 9. That may leave Atl, Pitt and some others out in week 20. We don't want to peak now. Ravens have to just get to the playoffs. Then we'll see what happens.
[/quote]

Considering the Jekyll and Hyde mentality of this team for Home vs Away games, we need to definitely make it to a home playoff game to have a shot at the Lombardi.

[quote name='Ravenslifer' timestamp='1352313630' post='1212832']
Good teams find a way to win, and pick themselves up after they lose. Did we lose a heartbreaker to Philly, yes. And then we rattled off 4 in a row. Did we get drilled by Houston, yes - then came out and won AT a division opponent, one who everyone said would give us a tough game, which they did. Will it get easier from here - no, we have several elite quarterbacks and emerging talents and tough road trips ahead. But this team knows how to win, how to close games, and how to regroup after a loss - they've done it four years in a row, and they will continue to do it, because it's all they've ever known. I'm not trying to be cliche, but anyone whose ever been a part of a winning team would understand that there's just a mentality you have that you are going to get the job done, regardless of how pretty it looks.
[/quote]

It is similiar to the law of motion. A team of winners tend ot keep on winning and a team of losers tend to keep on losing. I am sure at some point this same question has been asked on a message board of a team that keeps losing close games this year.

[size=4]How has this team won 6 games?[/size]

Simple. We've scored more points than the other team in those games.

To echo what others have said, good teams find a way to win. There are no style points. A win is a win.