Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SecretAgentMan

Suggs vs Skip Bayless Playoff debate (Election Day 2012)

42 posts in this topic

In honor of election day... Suggs appeared on First Take this Morning, and they argued the following
Whether Joe Flacco is actually a "good QB"
Russel Westbrook
Why the Ravens will lose the next 7 games.
And why Suggs is a shell of his former self.
Who won and why?
Skip is a idiot. He has no idea what he is talking about. He thinks Tebow is better
:229031_rofl: :229031_rofl: :229031_rofl: :229031_rofl: :229031_rofl:
-Anyway, happy election day
[url="http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/post/_/id/58435/suggs-video"]http://espn.go.com/b...435/suggs-video[/url]

[quote name='Mr. Irrelevant' timestamp='1352246275' post='1212488']
Skip is a idiot. He has no idea what he is talking about. He thinks Tebow is better
[/quote]

No he doesn't. He's playing a character to make people angry because angry people watch TV.

[quote name='RivenHale' timestamp='1352247007' post='1212493']
No he doesn't. He's playing a character to make people angry because angry people watch TV.
[/quote]
Lol, true...... But he still argues that Tebow is better than Flacco on national TV. Skip makes me laugh more lol

[quote name='baltravens' timestamp='1352251064' post='1212530']
Video on ESPN doesn't play. I guess you got to pay something. That is why I ditch Corporate America.
[/quote]
Really? Works for me

And yet people watch him..

So really who is the idiot when Skip is taking the check to the bank?

[quote name='codizzle' timestamp='1352252275' post='1212539']
And yet people watch him..

So really who is the idiot when Skip is taking the check to the bank?
[/quote]
Actually, I just saw the video on ESPN while I was fixing up my fantasy. I love Suggs so I watched,

I saw it this morning, a ton of yelling between Sizzle and Bayless, mainly Bayless. Bayless even asked Suggs "are you a shell of your former self?" Stephen A jumps in at that point "show some respect!" Needless to say, Stephen A "won" the debate on whether our team makes the playoffs.

1. Why does Suggs go on the show?
2. How can he be a shell of his former self? He was defensive MVP last year, and has only played two this year?

I love watching them debate. I love first take, but not when Skip talks about the Ravens lol.

Skips a hater though no question, atleast he stands behind most of the ridiculous things he says. I agree with some of it but most the time its crazy,hating,bias talk from him.

[quote name='Ravens<3' timestamp='1352255424' post='1212565']
I love watching them debate. I love first take, but not when Skip talks about the Ravens lol.

Skips a hater though no question, atleast he stands behind most of the ridiculous things he says. I agree with some of it but most the time its crazy,hating,bias talk from him.
[/quote]
Skip is a fool, if the Ravens were to win by 50 in the SB and Flacco threw for 1,000 yards in that game, then he would still call BS

Gotta hand it to Skip, he gets paid to go on TV, annoy people and ramble incoherently. I'd love to be paid to go on TV and just annoy the viewers.

He is a clown. His persona overshadows any of his analysis, which is usually as informative and well researched as any random blogger on bleacher report. It's all about him being unlikable and stirring up controversy, so people would watch ESPN. He accused ARod of steroid abuse a couple weeks ago for gods sake.
The whole show should be on comedycentral and it's a joke, that anybody pays attention to that crap.
The only thing he or anybody on this show knows, is that Ravens fans are devoted enough to get angry enough and actually follow the guy and Suggs (lets face it) only appears there to have fun and to promote himself a little, which is generally the only reason anybody talks to Skip anyway.

[quote name='Mr. Irrelevant' timestamp='1352252431' post='1212541']

Actually, I just saw the video on ESPN while I was fixing up my fantasy. I love Suggs so I watched,
[/quote]
Wasn't a personal post directed to you.. Just in general to everyone that watches him..

Everyone can do what they want with their time

[quote name='Mr. Irrelevant' timestamp='1352251151' post='1212531']
Really? Works for me
[/quote]
Yeah, It is finally playing for me.

Who's got it better than us?
My "It's coming..." shirt arrived in the mail AND Sizzle's playing whack-a-mole with Bayless the eejit.
Jeez, life isgood.

Comedy Central - the most trusted name in network news.

[quote name='evass#ravensnation' timestamp='1352367358' post='1213162']
I Love watching whenever Suggs and Skip go at its funniest thing in the world, Suggs needs his own show !
[/quote]
He is a director..... Future ;)

suggs was on the Jim Rome Radio show today, sounded very intelligent in his reponses actually.

I don't support Suggs trying to shut up Skip Bayless. He's a low life dumb€%# with no intelligence behind his words. I hope one day the world just realises what a waste of time he is and he loses his job, ends up in the gutter. How do people like this have jobs?

The best way to beat this moron is by completely ignoring him.

[quote name='Hjulmann' timestamp='1352694453' post='1216474']
I don't support Suggs trying to shut up Skip Bayless. He's a low life dumb€%# with no intelligence behind his words. I hope one day the world just realises what a waste of time he is and he loses his job, ends up in the gutter. How do people like this have jobs?

The best way to beat this moron is by completely ignoring him.
[/quote]
Nah, I just think its damn good comedy lol

I love watching Bayless and Stephen A Smith, even when one or both hate on us. The trick to enjoying their brand of entertainment is not to take is seriously.

Skip is the ultimate troll. He has zero credibility and will never admit when he's wrong.

[quote name='TreTheRaven' timestamp='1353958107' post='1234905']
Did anyone catch Skip today? According to Suggs Facebook status, he was back at it this morning.
[/quote]
Skip tweeted that the refs gave us the Charger game, and the Pats game, and we should've lost @Pit

Skip Bayless is the Kanye West of sports media. Only, Kanye is actually talented and accomplished.

Hahaha, I've got a late day at work tonight and am doing stuff around the house so had First take on just now. Bayless just spouted that turnover differential is one of the most telling stats of how good a team is to support his view that the Patriots are the best team in the league because of their great turnover differential, then proceeds to say that the Giants have the SECOND best TO-differential at +11. He then brilliantly follws that with ripping the Ravens and saying they are frauds and should be 5-6....WHILE COMPLETELY IGNORING THE STAT HE JUST SPEWED BECAUSE THE RAVENS ARE +12 (the real second best differential) IN TO DIFFERENTIAL. Sorry for the caps, but it is just too much fun to laugh at this clown.

[quote name='Corvus' timestamp='1354116906' post='1237033']
Hahaha, I've got a late day at work tonight and am doing stuff around the house so had First take on just now. Bayless just spouted that turnover differential is one of the most telling stats of how good a team is to support his view that the Patriots are the best team in the league because of their great turnover differential, then proceeds to say that the Giants have the SECOND best TO-differential at +11. He then brilliantly follws that with ripping the Ravens and saying they are frauds and should be 5-6....WHILE COMPLETELY IGNORING THE STAT HE JUST SPEWED BECAUSE THE RAVENS ARE +12 (the real second best differential) IN TO DIFFERENTIAL. Sorry for the caps, but it is just too much fun to laugh at this clown.
[/quote]

Haha I was just about to post this. The guy truly is baseless, it just sucks nobody called him out on it. He makes himself look like a fool with his irrational hate of the Ravens.

Ravens win a close one? Oh they should have lost! They're a fraudulent 9-2! That field goal didn't go in!! The Patriots are clearly the better team!
Texans win a close one? Meh...

[quote name='tonyg6996' timestamp='1354121522' post='1237112']
Haha I was just about to post this. The guy truly is baseless, it just sucks nobody called him out on it. He makes himself look like a fool with his irrational hate of the Ravens.

Ravens win a close one? Oh they should have lost! They're a fraudulent 9-2! That field goal didn't go in!! The Patriots are clearly the better team!
Texans win a close one? Meh...
[/quote]

Its just hilarious to see a guy use a specific stat to justify his position but conveniently ignore the same statistic for a team he only cares about bashing because that statistic would show them in a favorable light based on his argument for New England.

Yeah, can't believe he is still crying about that game winner vs New England. Actually, i can, hahaha. I dont really care what others think, it is good TV because I can laugh at how foolish a guy can make himself out to be on national TV in his obsessive hatred over a team. I honestly dont think I've ever witnessed anything like it in the media before Skip came along.

[quote name='Corvus' timestamp='1354122405' post='1237123']
Its just hilarious to see a guy use a specific stat to justify his position but conveniently ignore the same statistic for a team he only cares about bashing because that statistic would show them in a favorable light based on his argument for New England.

Yeah, can't believe he is still crying about that game winner vs New England. Actually, i can, hahaha. I dont really care what others think, it is good TV because I can laugh at how foolish a guy can make himself out to be on national TV in his obsessive hatred over a team. I honestly dont think I've ever witnessed anything like it in the media before Skip came along.
[/quote]
Agreed. It's entertaining because his ridiculousness makes me laugh, and usually Stephen A is pretty good at calling him out on his bs. He truly only talks about the good when he likes a team/player, and only talks about the bad when he doesn't like a team/player. I do think that's a first for nationally televised sports media (as far as I've seen).

I watch a lot of First Take. Skip Bayless:

1A. Loves Tom Brady, and the Patriots. Him and Colin Cowherd think they are God's gift to the world and think that they could bring world peace.

1B. Loves the Cowboys. But his love affair is second to the Patriots.

1C. Loves the Steelers. (Along with all of ESPN. The Steelers could have Kyle Boller at qb and people would still say that the Ravens will lose to the Steelers)

2. Skip's dislike for Aaron Rodgers (is because Rodgers gives Brady a run for his money) and Joe Flacco are illogical. Lebron used to be in this category until he won a championship.

3. I agree with Skip about Tebow. He can be affective because of his dual threat. Tebow doesn't have a great arm, but he can be an effective Qb. He would be better than Sanchez for sure.

Skip brings up excellent points, and is a perfect villain to Stephen A. Smith. Sometimes he makes illogical points, but he is always consistent. Stephen A. Smith jumps off his picks and flip flops (like he did with the Ravens and the Heat), which Skip NEVER does. And Skip will live and die by his pick. Sometimes he is really right, and it sounds crazy at the time, but sometimes it works out. Sometimes he is really wrong, and it sounds crazy at the time, and it sounds crazy after the fact. That being said:

A. Skip is 100% wrong about the Ravens right year. He is an idiot. Doesn't know what he is talking about. Not make the playoffs???? Are you kidding???

B. Skip is 100% disrespectful to Flacco and Harbaugh. Playoffs every year???? And if Lee Evans catches that ball in the endzone, Skip would have no ground to stand on.

C. Suggs interupts Skip on the show and I don't like when he is part of the show. He just isn't good for discussion based tv. Great personality but Suggs needs to learn how to work better on the show if he is going to to be on it so much.

[quote name='lowrider' timestamp='1354123687' post='1237136']
I watch a lot of First Take. Skip Bayless:

1A. Loves Tom Brady, and the Patriots. Him and Colin Cowherd think they are God's gift to the world and think that they could bring world peace.

1B. Loves the Cowboys. But his love affair is second to the Patriots.

1C. Loves the Steelers. (Along with all of ESPN. The Steelers could have Kyle Boller at qb and people would still say that the Ravens will lose to the Steelers)

2. Skip's dislike for [b]Aaron Rodgers[/b] (is because Rodgers gives Brady a run for his money) and Joe Flacco are illogical. Lebron used to be in this category until he won a championship.

3. I agree with Skip about Tebow. He can be affective because of his dual threat. Tebow doesn't have a great arm, but he can be an effective Qb. He would be better than Sanchez for sure.

Skip brings up excellent points, and is a perfect villain to Stephen A. Smith. Sometimes he makes illogical points, but he is always consistent. Stephen A. Smith jumps off his picks and flip flops (like he did with the Ravens and the Heat), which Skip NEVER does. And Skip will live and die by his pick. Sometimes he is really right, and it sounds crazy at the time, but sometimes it works out. Sometimes he is really wrong, and it sounds crazy at the time, and it sounds crazy after the fact. That being said:

A. Skip is 100% wrong about the Ravens right year. He is an idiot. Doesn't know what he is talking about. Not make the playoffs???? Are you kidding???

B. Skip is 100% disrespectful to Flacco and Harbaugh. Playoffs every year???? And if Lee Evans catches that ball in the endzone, Skip would have no ground to stand on.

C. Suggs interupts Skip on the show and I don't like when he is part of the show. He just isn't good for discussion based tv. Great personality but Suggs needs to learn how to work better on the show if he is going to to be on it so much.
[/quote]

Honestly I think Skip's logic on this one is simple - Skip thinks Brett Favre is God, so the guy who "forced him to retire prematurely" - even though THAT decision was clearly Brett's and Rodgers has been nothing but classy the whole time - must be a terrible person. Not to mention, I think Skip often clearly takes antagonistic sides just to drive up ratings.