Ravens at Saints      Pro Bowl Ballot      Game Rewind   

Photo

[News] Stretch Of Gunslingers Approaching

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
66 replies to this topic

#1 BR News

BR News

Hall of Famer

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,801 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 03:50 PM

Carson Palmer, Ben Roethlisberger and Philip Rivers will test the secondary.

View the full article

#2 Yum Chickens

Yum Chickens

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 896 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 05:09 PM

I always liked Palmer, I had hoped he would do better in Oakland but to be fair they don't exactly have a stellar... anything. Except a few here and there that team is a mess.

Oh well, hope we pick 6 him a lot

Edited by Yum Chickens, 06 November 2012 - 05:09 PM.

#3 4evermore23

4evermore23

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 601 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 05:11 PM

Weeden left big plays on the field these guys wont

#4 ravenstime

ravenstime

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 949 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 05:20 PM

If Cincinnati always plays us tough, I'm looking for Carson to have confidence going into this game. Being a former Bengal, he knows he can be successful against the RAVENS. Will that translate into us getting burned??? Who knows, but one thing is for sure, he will be gunning for a big game and being confident about it. He might even be [profanity deleted] of the Walk next Sunday.????

#5 chevalier

chevalier

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 05:24 PM

season hangs on the Steelers series, as always

#6 Zeus

Zeus

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,842 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 05:32 PM

Yes and I'm sure Cam will have the ihop menu ready

#7 Berkeley_Raven

Berkeley_Raven

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,174 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 05:32 PM

Hopefully our D will find a way to at least keep these guys from getting the ball into the endzone. But it's time that Joey puts on his big-boy pants and earns his next contract.

As an old pro wrassler once said, "To be the man, you've got to beat the man." Well, outside of Aaron Rodgers, Joe's facing every man the game has to offer at QB in the next two months. Go be the man, Joe.

#8 EpicRavensfan2!

EpicRavensfan2!

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 681 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 05:39 PM

i always liked palmer. i was suprised when he was traded and held out. When i heard he wnated to be traded I thought arizona? cards would love him if they got an O-line.

#9 runamuk

runamuk

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,118 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 05:40 PM

Well Joe said he is elite and he is going to get every chance to prove it the best of the best are coming to play him. he beats all of them cha ching for him ......and bragging rights enough to shut the pundits up for many years.

#10 EpicRavensfan2!

EpicRavensfan2!

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 681 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 05:41 PM

Rivers is like tony romo incositent 6 points against the BROWNS! 24 agaisnt the broncos in the 1st half none in the second. burgur? meh we can sack him enough. Eli? He does very very very very very very very very well on the road against GOOD defenses. Peyton? he's peyton just a new horse under him.

#11 bpytnjr58

bpytnjr58

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,557 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 05:42 PM

A stretch of Gunslingers coming and very little to stop the bullets with. They need a pass rush in the worst way.

#12 bioLarzen

bioLarzen

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,359 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 05:43 PM

Don't know how you, my fellow Ravens-fans are with this, but I found myself stopping to read and listen to what coach Harbaugh says about our players - because I know it's always going to be something good, something fiery - and therefore it has zero informational value, becasue it's always gonna be something good, regardless of how the guy is actually doing. I guess if a player had no positive play and a bunch of negative ones, the coach would still say he's a fighter, he's a great player, etc...

bio

#13 Purple Dawg 96

Purple Dawg 96

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,152 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 05:44 PM

Rush four, no more than five and Blitz periodically and they will "SIMPLY" be Victories #7,8,and9! And, after all the dust settles Joe Flacco will be "The Last Man Standing"! I Fear No Team!

#14 bioLarzen

bioLarzen

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,359 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 05:47 PM

not necessarily. Even if we tie out with them, we'll only be one game up on them, with a much, much tougher schedule. The steelers will have no more (currently) winning teams to take on, while we'll scarcely have not-winning teams to fight. While they play v the Chiefs, the Browns (twice) and the Bengals (at home), we'll play v the Chargers, the Giants and the Broncos...

So, provided our form doesn't magically improve and real fast, I think we'll only have a good chance to win the division if we sweep the steelers.

And we'll need a completely revamped Ravens for that, I'm afraid. The steelers are in excellent form, we are in dismal form right now...

bio

Edited by bioLarzen, 06 November 2012 - 05:47 PM.

#15 wflick47

wflick47

Rookie

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 05:59 PM

If the offense plays like it did in Cleveland and the defense doesn't get pressure on these guys it will be a long, long day. The best way tto defend against these guys is to keep the ball, RUN RAY RUN

#16 Purple City Bird Gang

Purple City Bird Gang

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,938 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 06:06 PM

It's time to get that pass rush going Pees study some of Chucks plays from last year

#17 bioLarzen

bioLarzen

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,359 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 06:14 PM

BTW, we seem to have a new unsung and unnoticed hero emerging: Ellerbe the guy filled in for Lewis in an excellent fashion last season, and he's been doing that again this time.

Just keep it up, Dannell, we need that kind of performance baaaaaad.

bio

#18 BillicksEGO

BillicksEGO

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,095 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 06:25 PM

Been saying it for a couple years now.....Pass rush is more important than a great secondary. It does not matter if you have an all-pro secondary, any half decent QB will find an open receiver if he has time. Unfortunately, we have not addressed that issue for the last few years, save for Sizzle, we literally put Zero pressure on QB's and if Weeden didn't plays so horribly, he'd have won last week. Pressure the QB, hurry his release, create turnovers....pretty simple formula that the steal-ers always use, and are always in the top of the defensive rankings.

#19 omar586

omar586

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,269 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 06:36 PM

as bad as our D is, it was a positive vs the brownies, but the offense is not helping our D in no way shape or form, i mean the offense is healthy none of their starters are injured or anything like that, so there shouldn't any excuse why the suk so baaaaaaad, the play calling is stubborn like the person who is calling them, no in-game adjustments whats so ever, the browns adjusted to Rice, but the ravens never made any adjustments , i mean come on, u dont really expect us to beat good teams like the Texans, pats, steelers with this lame offense??

#20 omar586

omar586

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,269 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 06:37 PM

and the brownies of the west (raiders) will come in to B-more, hopefully to improve us to 7-2.