83 replies to this topic

#1 BR News

BR News

Hall of Famer

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,556 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 05:51 PM

The Ravens are 6-2, but they have areas in need of improvement to carry on that success.

View the full article

#2 Ravensallday24/7

Ravensallday24/7

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,789 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 06:09 PM

Lets just hope we can get at least one home game in the playoffs and maintain the 2nd seed.

#3 Berkeley_Raven

Berkeley_Raven

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,174 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 06:13 PM

If there's one thing this team has done, it's been playing to the level of their competition. At least at home.

But, we did manage to win on the road against KC, a game we might have lost last year considering the circumstances. And we could have won in Philly. So maybe the road woes will be limited to Houston?

I don't know what's going to happen, but I wish to see a lot of W's.

#4 Ravenc85

Ravenc85

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 06:13 PM

Fire cam that will give us a boost cladwell gets my vote

#5 BillicksEGO

BillicksEGO

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,087 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 06:15 PM

I'm just glad the quarterback play is never in the equation. Wouldn't be right to claim that the QB needs to improve since it's his fifth year, and by his own admission, he is the best QB in the league and surely elite. Yeah, and there are about 10 other guys with less time in the league that are better. Now way we can go deep in the playoffs with Flacco....just ain't gonna happen, and I knew that two years ago.

#6 berad

berad

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,357 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 06:23 PM

I'm just glad the quarterback play is never in the equation. Wouldn't be right to claim that the QB needs to improve since it's his fifth year, and by his own admission, he is the best QB in the league and surely elite. Yeah, and there are about 10 other guys with less time in the league that are better. Now way we can go deep in the playoffs with Flacco....just ain't gonna happen, and I knew that two years ago.

From the article:

"We need to be better at all those things,” Harbaugh said. "We need to be better on third downs. We need to run the ball more consistently. We need to protect our quarterback more consistently. We need to throw and catch better. That’s just on the offensive side.”

Who else, other than Flacco, is responsible for throwing the ball?
a9skd1.jpg

"Bring it. They want physical. They want to run against us. You know we'll be there."

#7 GO_Ravens

GO_Ravens

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,060 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 06:24 PM

I think we get better and better from here and by playoff time we will be on fire to make a run to the Super Bowl. I'm just glad we made it threw the first half of the season 6-2. We just have to keep winning that's all ugly or not.

#8 tbird

tbird

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 409 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 06:26 PM

If we split the last 8 games, 10-6 should be good enough for a wild card. That would be a nice achievement for this team which is average, at best, right now.

#9 GO_Ravens

GO_Ravens

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,060 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 06:28 PM

We need to get Bobbie Williams out of there he is getting killed. The Oline I think we go into the Super Bowl with is Oher KO Birk Yanda Reid I think this will be the best way to put our online for he rest of the season.

#10 Purple n Black

Purple n Black

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 06:32 PM

Ravens NEED a NEW offense!!!!! Ozzie needs to identify a young innovative asst out there to be the new OC!!

#11 Anguscr4p

Anguscr4p

Practice Squad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 06:43 PM

Promote Caldwell to OC, have Harbaugh call the D, let's see what happens.

#12 CQ1

CQ1

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 619 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 06:47 PM

"need to be" AND- CAN BE !

#13 kduo

kduo

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 06:48 PM

lets not forget about the raiders

#14 CQ1

CQ1

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 619 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 06:55 PM

2 issues from yesterdays game:
-we did NOT stretch the field by throwing the deep ball. Asides from Torreys nice catch on the sideline- I beleive that was the only deep ball- and that was not necessarily deep. We need to go deep, or at least try to, e few more times a game- ONLY,a few. (Obviously, we will stretch the field for better results).
-with 1:13 remaining in the first half, we passed 2 of 3 times- without a first down. We SHOULD have did more (run)to eat the time. By not doing this, and WITH the game mommentum Cleveland was able to march down the field for another three pts- right before the half.

#15 Mystigo_Dragon

Mystigo_Dragon

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,249 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 06:57 PM

We need to get Bobbie Williams out of there he is getting killed. The Oline I think we go into the Super Bowl with is Oher KO Birk Yanda Reid I think this will be the best way to put our online for he rest of the season.

Eight negative votes for a sound argument! My gawd!

You're right on point with your comments.

With the way we're playing on the road, the good O-Coordinators with talented players can do a number on our defense, tire them out, if the offense doesn't eat up clock when they're on the field!
Towels? We don't need no stinkin' towels!

#16 redravenfan

redravenfan

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,455 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 06:59 PM

So when can we expect the team to start playing up to expectations. when is the question if not now then why bother.

#17 CQ1

CQ1

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 619 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 07:00 PM

Hats off to the defense for hanging tough, especially in the red-zone ! Re the offense, you had JUST enough to pull out the victory (Yes, I know- it is a TEAM VICTORY). HOWEVER, MUCH work needs to be done ! We need to focus on the Raiders- first and foremost. We CANNOT let this be a trap game. CANNOT !

#18 Mystigo_Dragon

Mystigo_Dragon

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,249 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 07:00 PM

2 issues from yesterdays game:
-we did NOT stretch the field by throwing the deep ball. Asides from Torreys nice catch on the sideline- I beleive that was the only deep ball- and that was not necessarily deep. We need to go deep, or at least try to, e few more times a game- ONLY,a few. (Obviously, we will stretch the field for better results).
-with 1:13 remaining in the first half, we passed 2 of 3 times- without a first down. We SHOULD have did more (run)to eat the time. By not doing this, and WITH the game mommentum Cleveland was able to march down the field for another three pts- right before the half.

One of our biggest problems is the deep ball!

We were 8 for 22 going deep against Houston while only 14 running plays! This led to 6 consecutive Three-and-Outs in the First Half and many more in the Second!

Is this what you're calling for; more inconsistent, low-percentage deep passes?

Edited by Mystigo_Dragon, 05 November 2012 - 07:02 PM.

Towels? We don't need no stinkin' towels!

#19 sami

sami

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,937 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 07:07 PM

dont forget if we hadnt played those teams their combined records would be 34-33.

#20 Militant X 1

Militant X 1

"Raven Renegade757"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,316 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 07:10 PM

"The Ravens went 30 minutes without a first down and didn't gain a single yard in the third quarter."

Posted Image

~Mili

Edited by Militant X 1, 05 November 2012 - 07:14 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users