Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BR News

[News] First Touchdown Boosted Bernard Pierce's Confidence

36 posts in this topic

The rookie running back got his first career touchdown in Sunday's win against the Browns.

[url=http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/First-Touchdown-Boosted-Bernard-Pierces-Confidence/1d968797-f4cd-4c8e-8a9d-b76d0f4f523f]View the full article[/url]

Well Doug Martin had a field day yesturday against the Raiders D, and he runs somewhat similar to rice, i hope Rice is able to break it out like Martin did and have a day!

Now if we can just find us a good OC to utilize all this talent we have. Why Harbs keeps him, I just can't figure out. Maybe Cam needs to watch a few other teams and see how a good offense operates. He truly has no clue.

[quote name='HardBAL' timestamp='1352153122' post='1211599']
lets get anthony allen a td
[/quote]

With Pierce setting off on the right foot Allen is bound to become a special team's ace IMHO. He seems to be very good at that. Jacoby Jones pointed it out after his return for TD that he's learned to go where Allen is going. Also, he's very often seen among the very first guys to arrive at the opponent's returner when we punt or kick off, making tackles every now and then.

bio

We still have a great three-headed monster in our Backs. Now lets keep that rock pounding! and run it some more, with some more surprise dump offs to Leach as well. I love it when he gets the ball and smashes into the defenders.

I feel he can be like Willis Mcgahee! He just gotta stay in that gym because Mcgahee is a Beast and the Ravens Missed that 3rd down and goal line back! Anthony Allen as well

you see we do much better when we run the ball more - we ran the ball about 60 percent of the game - we struggled but we got it done because of our ground game - we do not do well when we pass the ball more than we run - if we run the ball more then we tend to be a better team - thats how we were built - we were not built to be a pass happy team - when are we going to realize that we do so much better when we run the ball more than we pass

[quote name='NCMan' timestamp='1352154205' post='1211630']
Now if we can just find us a good OC to utilize all this talent we have. Why Harbs keeps him, I just can't figure out. Maybe Cam needs to watch a few other teams and see how a good offense operates. He truly has no clue.
[/quote]

[b]Give it a rest already![/b] We all know you want Cam gone so why waste the typing!

You used to provide good insight but now you seem to have become just a "one-trick pony".

Get back to the NCMan we all know and respect.

I must admit that I was underwhelmed at trading up to get Pierce. Congratulations on his first touchdown. I'm just curious how many yards Sticky Ricky had this time last year.

[quote name='bioLarzen' timestamp='1352155022' post='1211647']
With Pierce setting off on the right foot Allen is bound to become a special team's ace IMHO. He seems to be very good at that. Jacoby Jones pointed it out after his return for TD that he's learned to go where Allen is going. Also, he's very often seen among the very first guys to arrive at the opponent's returner when we punt or kick off, making tackles every now and then.

bio
[/quote] I agree. Allen looks really good on ST. He made a very good tackle on Cribbs, laid him out good.

"Three-Headed Monster",... let's dust off the playbook on a healthy dose of run game and see how effective the play-action becomes then!

[quote name='Purple City Bird Gang' timestamp='1352155594' post='1211660']
This may be off topic but I love Baltimore Ravens.com most of the other team web sites suck!
[/quote]

Agree, whole-heartedly! I used to be on another football blog but they don't talk as much football as they do trading recipes and stuff! Great folk, made a lot of firends and met with them for beers and such yet I love reading what football fans think!

[quote name='Purple City Bird Gang' timestamp='1352155594' post='1211660']
This may be off topic but I love Baltimore Ravens.com most of the other team web sites suck!
[/quote]
:ravensquote: [font=times new roman,times,serif][color=#4B0082]Yeah, I mean just look at picksburgh's, cleveland's, even dallas' etc! They ALL follow the same basic format. Cleveland even stole our gameday chat page! I mean it's EXACTLY the same as ours except they put a dull commentator in place of our AWESOME dudes in the booth G $ & Mink $! I tried to spice up the chat the first time we played them ( I figured they'd post ANYTHING because only like 4 people were chatting) but I was ignored for being a Baltimore fan. I can't believe that our website followed the same format until about 2 years ago. Whoever redesigned our website is an internet hero. I'm proud to call baltimoreravens.com my homepage! :18_1_328: [/color][/font]
[font=times new roman,times,serif][color=#4B0082][b]Rise and Conquer!!! :baltimore-ravens: [/b][/color][/font]

Cam Cameron! We are a RUNNING FOOTBALL TEAM! It opens everything else up. But when they stack 9 in the box, and run blitz, please run a play action pass on first or second down. 5 straight 3 and outs in the second half lets Cleveland in the game, and then we finally ran a play action pass and started moving the ball. Oooooooh so complicated. My girlfriend who doesn't know what a Running Back is, could figure this stuff out!!!

I'm glad to see this kid progressing and starting to settle into the role we drafted him for. With his size he can truly be nasty. It's just so hard gauging a RB's progression. They can go from garbage to beastly in one year's time easy, but his kid is looking great.

In the later months, Benards big frame will be a big thing for us in the red zone when we will have to bang it in at the goal line. He has shown that he can still rush after contact, have great balance, and is able to take it to the outside or cut it back. Looking at how he plays, I bet he would take on a couple more lbs in the weight room and be a real cannon ball on those 3rd and shorts.