Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BR News

[News] Cary Williams 'Blessed' With Interceptions Streak

67 posts in this topic

The Ravens cornerback leads the AFC with four interceptions on the season.

[url=http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Cary-Williams-Blessed-With-Interceptions-Streak-/438ed0d6-9a6e-483d-816d-63d8842ba71d]View the full article[/url]

I still don't think he is worth more than the 3 yr / 15M extension the Ravens tried to offer him this past offseason. I'm glad he is as greedy with INT's as he is with his wallet.

should have taken the $$ Cary. Ravens aren't giving you Webb Money unless you can start to shut down the drive extending catches on your side of the field.

It was a sensational INT - even with what he did after the catch: the golde rule with an INT return is to head for the sideline and try to carry it as far as he can there - not to start running in every direction :D Poor Cary, had to run like 60 yards to make it a 26 yard return - but he did it and that's what counts.

bio

[quote name='Berkeley_Raven' timestamp='1352139632' post='1211363']
Maybe Jimmy will catch the interception bug soon...
[/quote]

Well, he's already had 3 last season...

'MrRavens'
He can't cover well, be sure can catch.

Switch him to WR and see if he can beat press lol.

[quote name='bioLarzen' timestamp='1352139849' post='1211376']
Well, he's already had 3 last season...
[/quote]

"Last season" being the operative words. Jimmy's done less than Cary this season.

Cary has been in the right place at the right time...and I'm glad! Good for him and hopefully he keeps getting them.

I have seen Carey play shut down corner, then I have seen him get burned real bad, then.... catch an interception. All in the same drive!!

LOL sometimes it's confusing how to feel about his play....I just wish he would calm down and play ball like he is obviously capable of doing.... all the time!

Lock it down Carey! GO RAVENS!

Cary gaining more leverage day by day. He'll probably wind up closer to $20M when all is said and done. I dont see them paying him much more than that since he is hardly shutdown in the way Webb was becoming. BUT other teams will be glad to overpay for him so you gotta at least be competitive. CBs are a commodity, Raven defenders as well. a starting Raven CB is a huge commodity.

Good luck in Indy.[quote name='chevalier' timestamp='1352141775' post='1211403']
Cary gaining more leverage day by day. He'll probably wind up closer to $20M when all is said and done. I dont see them paying him much more than that since he is hardly shutdown in the way Webb was becoming. BUT other teams will be glad to overpay for him so you gotta at least be competitive. CBs are a commodity, Raven defenders as well. a starting Raven CB is a huge commodity.
[/quote]

I'll wish him well when he moves to Indy.

I thought when Cary started running the wrong way our own players were considering tackleing him.

i was a tad concerned he might end up in the wrong end zone . the rest of the defense looked confused .

I am tired of all this politically correct, positive answers we are being fed. I am tired of hearing we are 6 and 2 and that a win is a win. First and foremost, come the end of the season our DC needs to be given his walking papers. We are grateful for his services but he gotta go. Second,.. our defensive back coach needs to be given his walking papers also. We are grateful for his services but he gats to go. Third, we are grateful for Camron's services but go be bipolar somewhere else. He has no feel for the game. I refuse to believe that Matt Ryan is better that Flacco with no playoff wins but look at him (7 n 0) Finally.. Biscotti needs to start spending money in Free Agency and needs to be more aggressive in the draft. Yes we get some late round pick to turn out good but... we need to win a Super Bowl. Anything other than that it a failed season. So please stop with the positive comments. Yes I sound very negative.. I know... but this needs to be said.

Glad he is at least picking off some passes. Not all is lost with him, hopefully. Now, I'm going to be blessed and go to Purple Evening tonight!!

EwholoJeroro- Yea we should blow up the whole coaching staff and have a major turnover of the roster.. SMH, get real this team is a constant AFC power fighting for a SB every year, I pay tons of money for my PSL's, season tickets and parking pass every home game, trust me no one wants to see another SB more then me, But this is the NFL and the parody in this league is what makes it so exciting. So all i can ask for every year is the Ravens make the playoffs and give us a chance at a SB. A win is a Win no matter how you get it, Harbs knows they have to work to do to make another SB run and get back to the AFCCG for the 3rd time. But its getting really old hearing fans crying and complaining after a W. Go root for the browns or Raiders or a team that hasnt been relevant for years.

Does anyone find it really intriguing that Cary Williams always seems to get burned for a good while in a game, and then make an INT, thereby making it harder to bash him?

its actually not hard to bash him.. he sucks, he knows it, you know it, harbs knows it, pees knows it, his agent knows it, his fam knows it, i know it, everyone knows it. We better not resign him for a penny more than we offered that clown prior to the start of the season. He gets lucky. Sometimes its better to be luck rather than good. but that won't hold up. This defense is a joke right now. And a lucky Cary williams INT won't save our season

It sure is a good thing that he's getting these INT's... Because otherwise, he's being torched by every other receiver on every other team... What is it with our Corners... Are they being coached into covering this way??????

jimmy smith is one more bad play from being deemed a bust. that dude is just bad and claims he is getting better. How are you suppose to be shutdown, yet you can't beat out Cary Williams whose first INT of his career came this yr. And almost all of his INTs are a result of being in the wrong spot at the right time.

His INt's have beeen game saving. Chiefs & Both Browns games. Hopefully he improves on his coverage and Jimmy improves .. Everywhere

But he's had 4 INTs, and taken one back for a TD. Things like that always impress me no matter what player it is, but his regular coverage is just bad. Has Chykie Brown taken any defensive snaps? Corey Graham? Asa Jackson? Christian Thompson? The latter 2 have to be better than Williams' coverage.