Ravens at Bengals      Pro Bowl Voting      #RavensPumpkin      Game Rewind   

Photo

[News] Late For Work 11/5: Can Ravens Be Trusted?

• Please log in to reply
113 replies to this topic

#1 BR News

BR News

Hall of Famer

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,568 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 09:10 AM

Bengals playoff hopes dashed, Steelers hitting stride, McFadden injury, Yanda's knee fine.

View the full article

#2 Berkeley_Raven

Berkeley_Raven

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,174 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 09:57 AM

There are no certainties in life except for death and taxes. And there are no certainties in the NFL. Any team can beat any other team. That's why they bother to actually play the games.

That said, do the past two performances make me confident the Ravens can beat the big teams they have up ahead? Not quite yet, but at least they're going in the right direction.

#3 berad

berad

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,362 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 09:58 AM

Yanda had to get re-taped because dirty ol' Phil Taylor picked held leg up over his head... right in front of a ref, too, yet there was no call.

#4 Guest_llwillow1231_*

Guest_llwillow1231_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 November 2012 - 10:02 AM

If I wait for any sports writers to give the ravens any credit for anything i will be dead and buried for a hundred or so years. I don't understand why when the steelers play like crap its a bad game when its the ravens our team is not superbowl caliber. we are getting better every week and we will make the playoffs and we will win a superbowl and when we do all the sports writers can find something else to do to make there writing relevant like perhaps eating there own words. we are 6-2 we are first in the division that wasn't handed to us on a platter we won it .

#5 ravenwildman

ravenwildman

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,959 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 10:02 AM

Mmmm....so many questions, no clear answers. If the Ravens can play consistently like they are capable of, they will hold the Lombardi, but....why they don't appears to be able to do so is the colossal white elephant in the room!

Obviously defenses are able to adjust faster than our offensive play calling....hummm, wonder what's wrong there?

GO RAVENS!

#6 Ravens in The Dena

Ravens in The Dena

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 917 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 10:03 AM

Ravens show up for the big games, We will be ok.

#7 ravenwildman

ravenwildman

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,959 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 10:06 AM

Yanda had to get re-taped because dirty ol' Phil Taylor picked held leg up over his head... right in front of a ref, too, yet there was no call.

YES!! and that happened a lot! But they called our bench (?) for unsportsman like conduct? The officials were all over the Ravens, I think it was because of the dirty play claims coming from the Browns before and they were instructed to "eyeball" the Ravens.

#8 PolishRifle

PolishRifle

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,238 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 10:08 AM

After the Houston game we know, that Flacco can't carry this team alone and after the game in Cleveland we learned the same thing about Rice. Both play great, when they can feed off each other, but for that our coaches would need to know when to use one over the other.

#9 CapoRocky

CapoRocky

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,218 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 10:15 AM

I was so busy screaming at the Ravens to get the offense going in the second half I almost missed the defense putting on a run-stopping clinic.

#10 bioLarzen

bioLarzen

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,267 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 10:16 AM

Not trying to be all negative and pessimist, but we have to conclude that if we play like we've playing lately against the steelers playing like they've been playing lately it's not gonna look good for us.

Conclusion: there's no other option but to somehow find our earlier form, even without Webb and Lewis. No other chance.

bio

#11 Deejei

Deejei

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 10:17 AM

when all is said and done, the Ravens will have number one seed in the afc and then we won't have to worry about playing away from M&T until the big dance in new orleans...!!!!!

#12 RaveReviews

RaveReviews

Practice Squad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 10:18 AM

The big picture is that everybody is 0-0 in January. How a team gets there has little relevance. The giants have won two superbowls after barely entering the playoffs the packers went 15-1 and lost in the first round. Bottom line is the Ravens are a team with pride and players who have a tight bond. We can criticize whoever we want right now but if win the superbowl, honestly who is going to lose their job.

#13 bioLarzen

bioLarzen

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,267 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 10:23 AM

I'm not sure I would ever be so desperate as fighting over a hot tub with Ngata - that's not bravery, that's suicide :D

bio

#14 TheRavengers

TheRavengers

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,408 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 10:26 AM

Winning is quite important and this is a winning franchise clearly, but its very irritating when my family, sitting in the basement watching this game, can call what play is going to happen before it actually happens. Its nice we hung a decent win on the road but barring the penalties, the way the Ravens were playing means they could've and should've won that game by halftime.

#15 The Voice

The Voice

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 686 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 10:28 AM

Everyone can be trusted except Cam and Pees! I guess us fans are stupid and don't know anything about this game!

So i think Cam needs a suggestion box!

Cam your O scored 14 pts quick, O learned quickly that they can't stop the run with only 7 and you ran it down there throat two drives for TD's. Great job!
Then the Clowns figured out hey guys let's put 8 in the box to stop the run and what happen? It took you 6 straight 3 and outs to change what your doing. The first time we went 3 and out, go look a the pictures and could easily see 8 in the box. Hmmmm maybe put Jones, thompson, boldin and smith in the slot spread the field out and run in shot gun, you think they would still have 8 in the box.
Maybe run a playaction screen, a tight end or full back backside screen, well any screen for that matter.
8 in the box means 1 safety Cam so double moves will be very effective.
How about a few easy read route combos for your Joe, like a curl flat or tight end go boldin slant underneath!

No several times I seen 3 streaks and a comeback and you wonder why Joe still has the ball.

Your a professional smh, it's been 5 Years and you still don't have your crap together!
You should have at least 3 or 4 game plans to attack a defense! Your problem is you have one game plan and once the defense figures you out you spend 3qrt sticking with your one game plan.

#16 Purple n Black

Purple n Black

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 10:28 AM

Ravens need a new offense, which means a new OC!! My 14 year old daughter was actually predicting many of the offensive plays before the snaps....SMH

#17 berad

berad

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,362 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 10:31 AM

YES!! and that happened a lot! But they called our bench (?) for unsportsman like conduct? The officials were all over the Ravens, I think it was because of the dirty play claims coming from the Browns before and they were instructed to "eyeball" the Ravens.

Good point, I know the Ravens were very heated after the Yanda/Taylor incident so maybe they said something 'unkind' that got the refs to start favoring the Browns. I saw a lot of late/cheap stuff.
a9skd1.jpg

"Bring it. They want physical. They want to run against us. You know we'll be there."

#18 Mystigo_Dragon

Mystigo_Dragon

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,254 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 10:32 AM

Yesterday was the quintessential Ravens win after a devastating loss! Plenty of Ray Rice runs and short passes! This should be the rule rather than the exception, but alas,.......

That period of inconsistency almost led to the "panic" mode we've seen before! Thank goodness the Browns were only scoring FGs!

A big Attaboy to Corey Graham for playing a fantastic game yesterday! Will he eventually replace Cary at the starting CB position - one only wonders!

Can't leave without giving Cam a "Duh" for 25 carries by #27 leading to 98 yards and a win! Cam will go back to his same ole pass happy "cuteness" now that he thinks we're quieted about his game philosophy!

Edited by Mystigo_Dragon, 05 November 2012 - 10:34 AM.

#19 MDpgRaven

MDpgRaven

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 743 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 10:33 AM

Why does this Offense go 2 Quarters without any production. Is it lack of play calling and putting players in position to succeed???? Or lack of Execution on the Players part?
It just isn%u2019t good enough for our team to be in a coma for 2 quarters then wake up and try to eek out a win.
WHY NO CROSSING ROUTES WITH BOLDIN ?????? and for the love of GOD Stop calling that fake End around. It works once a games not the 4 times Cams calls it.

#20 Jcpoe222

Jcpoe222

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 10:34 AM

Everyone can be trusted except Cam and Pees! I guess us fans are stupid and don't know anything about this game!

So i think Cam needs a suggestion box!

Cam your O scored 14 pts quick, O learned quickly that they can't stop the run with only 7 and you ran it down there throat two drives for TD's. Great job!
Then the Clowns figured out hey guys let's put 8 in the box to stop the run and what happen? It took you 6 straight 3 and outs to change what your doing. The first time we went 3 and out, go look a the f$!?$&! Pictures and could easily see 8 in the box. Hmmmm maybe put Jones, thompson, boldin and smith in the slot spread the field out and run in shot gun, you think they would still have 8 in the box.
Maybe run a playaction screen, a tight end or full back backside screen, well any screen for that matter.
8 in the box means 1 safety Cam so double moves will be very effective.
How about a few easy read route combos for your Joe, like a curl flat or tight end go boldin slant underneath!

No several times I seen 3 streaks and a comeback and you wonder why Joe still has the ball.

Your a professional smh, it's been 5 Years and you still don't have your crap together!
You should have at least 3 or 4 game plans to attack a defense! Your problem is you have one game plan and once the defense figures you out you spend 3qrt sticking with your one game plan.

Very well spoken

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users