60 replies to this topic

#1 krrock10

krrock10

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 07:41 AM

Every time I see this guy on the field I want to barf. He is literally disgusting. You would think that with this being his third year in the league, that he would be able to get into decent shape.
Does anyone notice how is chest pad sits in his breasts? I mean come on. His just isn't healthy.

I understand that some guys flat out, aren't as talented as others, but Cody is pure cream puff, jello, dough, fluf. I cant take it anymore.

I wouldn't be shocked if 75% of the team could out-squat him, out-bench him, out-deadlift him. Lets not even get started on pullups or any sort of cardio.

I know that he is supposed to be big and I dont care how fat a player is, but if you are gonna come in so doughy, you better have some power (Vince Wolfork pulls it off)

#2 1/28/01

1/28/01

Error 404

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,206 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 07:43 AM

What does "literally disgusting" mean?
Posted Image

#3 SuggsBarber

SuggsBarber

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 08:05 AM

I've kinda accepted that he's probably not going to be a Wilfork or anything close.But part of the problem with our run defense is the too many times inability of this guy to get or create a push into the opponents backfield. Him and Keomatu's consistently getting blocked makes Ellerbe's and McClain's job that much harder. I wonder if his lower body strength is sufficient for a guy his size.

#4 krrock10

krrock10

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 08:12 AM

I've kinda accepted that he's probably not going to be a Wilfork or anything close.But part of the problem with our run defense is the too many times inability of this guy to get or create a push into the opponents backfield. Him and Keomatu's consistently getting blocked makes Ellerbe's and McClain's job that much harder. I wonder if his lower body strength is sufficient for a guy his size.

Spot on. He does not have adequate lower body strengh for a guy his size and he doesn't eat up blockers.

#5 display name

display name

Gotham's Reckoning

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,981 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 08:16 AM

I too have had enough of our 2nd round pick getting pushed around.

Edited by display name, 05 November 2012 - 08:06 PM.

The Raven, on 03 Jan 2012-624 PM, said:

"You have reached your quota of negative votes for the day"

VIVA LA BUTT-FUMBLE!!!

Malkavian Raven, on 4 June 2014, said: "Display's off his meds again. Alert the white coats with the butterfly nets."

#6 Guest_Mr. Nobody_*

Guest_Mr. Nobody_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 November 2012 - 09:22 AM

I too have had enough of our 3rd round pick getting pushed around.

2nd?

#7 jus'_crAzy

jus'_crAzy

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 09:34 AM

What does "literally disgusting" mean?

I lol'd.

But I get where OP is coming from, even if his/her words are kinda harsh. Cody doesn't exactly exude the essence of a defensive stalwart. But he's still young. I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt.

(OO=[||][||]=OO)  ///M

#8 krrock10

krrock10

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 09:46 AM

I lol'd.

But I get where OP is coming from, even if his/her words are kinda harsh. Cody doesn't exactly exude the essence of a defensive stalwart. But he's still young. I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt.

I would give him the benefit of the doubt if it appeared that he were working harder to get into shape. I understand that some guys are less talented, but out of shape is inexcusable at this point in his career. Sometimes, rookies are out of shape and I understand that, but not in your third year. He has world class trainers, training facilities and doctors at his disposal. He needs to start taking this seriously.

#9 berad

berad

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,357 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 09:47 AM

He was reportedly at the facility all offseason
a9skd1.jpg

"Bring it. They want physical. They want to run against us. You know we'll be there."

#10 Purple Nurple

Purple Nurple

Telling It Like It Is Since 1974

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,101 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 09:53 AM

He did also say that the new Nike jerseys make fat guys look like jelly blobs. I agree. Cody looks sloppy as hell.

newsigg2_zps9e6531bd.jpg

#11 flynismo

flynismo

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,796 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 10:05 AM

He did also say that the new Nike jerseys make fat guys look like jelly blobs. I agree. Cody looks sloppy as hell.

sigh...

My sister asked me once, "do these jeans make me look fat?"
My response: "No, your [profanity deleted] makes you look fat"

Cmon Cody, the jersey is not to blame here!
Self-appointed President of The Flacco Lovers Foundation (F.L.F)Joe Flacco, Super Bowl 47 MVPFarewell to a legend. Thanks for the memories, Ray Ray!If you woke up this morning, congratulations. You got another chance

#12 Militant X 1

Militant X 1

"Raven Renegade757"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,318 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 10:11 AM

cody looks and plays horrible.

~Mili

Militant X 1

RayLewisSig1_zps3a0863e0.png

"I May be Done but I'm not Gone!"

- Ray Lewis

#13 H8ME

H8ME

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 10:12 AM

One would think with all the professional trainers and facilities at everyones disposal they would work on a players' weakness. If the man has no push work on lower body strengthening. Evertime I see teams like the NY Giants, Texans, Cowboys, etc., I think why don't the Ravens draft big TALL, STRONG, D-lineman? We go for the rotund, stumpy D-linemen. Guess Ozzie is trying to find the next Sam Adams, smh.

Bottom line, both Cody and Komeateau suck.

#14 krrock10

krrock10

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 10:14 AM

He was reportedly at the facility all offseason

The dinning facility?

#15 berad

berad

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,357 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 10:31 AM

The dinning facility?

LOL dining followed nap-time
a9skd1.jpg

"Bring it. They want physical. They want to run against us. You know we'll be there."

#16 BloodRaven

BloodRaven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,461 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 11:20 AM

Really? who cares what he looks like? the problem should be with his play and his play only. He has long levers and doesn't always use ideal leverage, this coupled with his slow hands makes him easy to move. He was able to get away with it at Bama because he was 400lb playing against 280lb linemen.

#17 H8R

H8R

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,887 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 11:24 AM

Really? who cares what he looks like? the problem should be with his play and his play only. He has long levers and doesn't always use ideal leverage, this coupled with his slow hands makes him easy to move. He was able to get away with it at Bama because he was 400lb playing against 280lb linemen.

Look like a slob and play well.. we can accept that. Look like a slob that never did a squat in your life, and play bad? no acceptable. LOL

I was listening to Torrey on 98Rock ( From Jimmys Seafood) he was clowing on Cody saying that TC ordered a stuffed lobster..and then asked for them to change the order to include BACON. I mean , I love Bacon.. but if my job was to be in reasonable shape, and Ive had weight problems my whole life... might not be the best idea.

#18 AsianRice

AsianRice

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,318 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 11:46 AM

Discipline discipline discipline....If Code is really care about his body rather his appetite, he shouldn't look as bad as his looks and his plays on the field.

Remember, you eat to live, not eat to enjoy......
2013 WORLD CHAMPION

#19 CalvinSmoke

CalvinSmoke

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,957 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 12:04 PM

Cody doesn't get it. A lot of young guys don't get it. He could have been our next superstar, he could have been a key cog to a superbowl win last year. He could have become one of our leaders this year. A lot of opportunities are sliding past him.

I'd hate for him to be on the outside looking in, because our young guy Tyson appears to be hungry for this opportunity.

z66oxxi.jpg

#20 BloodRaven

BloodRaven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,461 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 12:17 PM

The irony is Brandon McKinney was an absolute rock solid run defender when he was here, he picked up a lot as understudy to Jamal Williams and Buddy Lee.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users