39 replies to this topic

#1 BR News

BR News

Hall of Famer

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,266 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 08:12 PM

After a long bye, the Ravens got mental relief with a win over the Browns.

View the full article

#2 Ragin'Raven

Ragin'Raven

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,192 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 08:34 PM

I respect what they believe, and they know football more than me, but I just don't understand how this game can be a turning point game. They played an opponent that hasn't beaten them in the past seven attempts is it? and that has only won two games at that. Their offense played terribly for almost two quarters, and they didn't have a first down in almost 30 straight minutes. How is this a turning point? Beating the Patriots was a turning point. It was against an opponent that actually wins football games.

I'm a mama of three boys. Nothing scares or disgusts me anymore. 

#3 FitzaFlaccoFan

FitzaFlaccoFan

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 444 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 08:56 PM

The only turning point I am looking forward to is when Cam Cameron turns and points his toes out the door for good.

#4 jive_1000

jive_1000

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 09:06 PM

Turning point??? What turning point? I don't see any turning point. By definition a turning point is where you have lost 6 straigt etc and then win one. I've said this before and I'll say it again. When Harbaugh speaks you know less than before he said anything. I hope this isn't the confusion on the field too. And that game was confusing today. Two straight drives for td's then no 1st downs for 7 more tries. But no turning point was to be found anywhere on that field today.

#5 jive_1000

jive_1000

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 09:08 PM

2nd and 3rd qtr looked like practice for losing the game.

#6 CxM_27

CxM_27

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 600 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 09:09 PM

Offensive problems are on Cam Cameron he sucks; Dean Pees is no better .. NO way we beat Ben, & the Manning Brothers with the way our deefense is playing.

#7 reddog54

reddog54

Practice Squad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 09:13 PM

I am not liking what i see! The offensive line has serious problems!!!! Other belongs on the right side and Mckinnie on the left then yanda, williams birk in the middle, then power Rice right down their throat!Defense is over shifting and subject to the cut back...need to hold the corners.......jimmy smith appears to be having a hard time in the big league...needs to build his confidence! Love the Ravens but I am scared!

#8 jimgiampaoli

jimgiampaoli

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 325 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 09:24 PM

Defeating a last place team is a turning point. I'm glad head coach taught me that. Now I'm mentally prepared for the Ravens to go here on out, undefeated. A point in turn coach; how do we stop Redman, Bradshaw, and both Peyton, and Eli. Having a heap of faith?

#9 HoldingCall

HoldingCall

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,179 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 09:35 PM

Hopefully it has become clear, at least as far as the Ravens are concerned, that in most games the offense should be careful and not become too pass heavy. Harbs brother Jim was a pro QB so Harbs no doubt appreciates watching QBs do their thing. We also know that Cam does too.

#10 Jfravens

Jfravens

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 853 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 09:38 PM

Ridiculous... i love coach harghbaugh, but you need to at least be more rude on what you are saying and what you are goin to do...

#11 ravne05

ravne05

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 814 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 10:44 PM

Mental relief are you kidding me this team is like jekyll&hyde and should be locked up in a mental asylum.

#12 sami

sami

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 11:17 PM

Maybe he was referring to the defense as having a turning point. Maybe not. Its hard to tell exactly what he means. Maybe its an inside joke between him and the players!?!

#13 Militant X 1

Militant X 1

"Raven Renegade757"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,114 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 11:17 PM

so that was a turning point game? awww...i see! smh!

~Mili

Militant X 1

RayLewisSig1_zps3a0863e0.png

"I May be Done but I'm not Gone!"

- Ray Lewis

#14 Ravenade

Ravenade

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 11:46 PM

Offensive problems are on Cam Cameron he sucks; Dean Pees is no better .. NO way we beat Ben, & the Manning Brothers with the way our deefense is playing.

No disrespect but Dean Pees is actually getting it together. It's just taking him some time because there's so much change that the Ravens have had to adjust to. I'm a pessimistic person and you'll see me whining a lot but if there's a glimmer of hope in our coaching squad it's Dean Pees...he straight up tells it like it is saying things like "I'm disgusted with this defense"he doesn't put sparkly flowers around it like Cam or Harbaugh, and now the defense is getting it together on the road. Say what you will about Cam, I can't stop anyone from doing that lol I don't even know that much about offense.
#CHUCKSTRONG

#15 CharmCityHeavyHitters

CharmCityHeavyHitters

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 11:59 PM

People need to calm down yes we should beat Cleveland but we're not entitled to it. We were in a scrap and we came out with a W. Yes there were plenty of things (on both sides of the ball) that make you grind your teeth and make your blood pressure raise, but the fact is we got a W. Looking at our record it doesn't matter if we beat Cleveland by 50 or by 5... It's a W. The same way it doesn't matter that we lost to Philly by 1... it's a L. I guess the most important thing is that we are finding out what our flaws are while we're still able to win and we're lucky for that.

#16 ravne05

ravne05

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 814 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 12:14 AM

No disrespect but Dean Pees is actually getting it together. It's just taking him some time because there's so much change that the Ravens have had to adjust to. I'm a pessimistic person and you'll see me whining a lot but if there's a glimmer of hope in our coaching squad it's Dean Pees...he straight up tells it like it is saying things like "I'm disgusted with this defense"he doesn't put sparkly flowers around it like Cam or Harbaugh, and now the defense is getting it together on the road. Say what you will about Cam, I can't stop anyone from doing that lol I don't even know that much about offense.

Pees is brutal Im sure he would be happy to know he has one fan.If he is the ravens glimmer of hope we are in for a long season of no pressure and horrible play calling.

#17 Ravenade

Ravenade

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 12:28 AM

Pees is brutal Im sure he would be happy to know he has one fan.If he is the ravens glimmer of hope we are in for a long season of no pressure and horrible play calling.

I'm telling you dude, our defensive guys always bring it together sooner or later. Our offensive guys just get fired.
#CHUCKSTRONG

#18 Npane171

Npane171

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 392 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 12:41 AM

It's a reoccurring theme: we open up strong, even putting at least a field goal on the board. Then each and every drive from there on out fizzles, and gets worse as the game progresses. Once the Ravens notice the game is close to being lost we some how find a way to win (in most cases - in Philly we couldn't stop the offense; and we all know the beating we took in Houston). But, these last two games happened the same way. We had a strong presence in the first quarter of the game, then we just lost control and looked confused.

This isn't a sign of a "great team". Sure, finding a way to win is surely a component of a great team but there is so much more to a great team than this. This year, I just don't know if we are one or not...right now, with they way we've played, I have to say we're a mediocre team.

Sure, our receivers have not done the best job of catching the ball, but so many plays just looked ridiculous and overshadow their performance. I firmly believe the coaching is is the primary cause of our current troubles.

Edited by Npane171, 05 November 2012 - 12:43 AM.

#19 papurple

papurple

Practice Squad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 03:40 AM

big deal, they beat the cleveland hash browns

#20 EpicRavensfan2!

EpicRavensfan2!

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 681 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 04:11 AM

as long as we get turnovers and the offense does what it needs to do we'll win. if we repeat our success and go 12-4. I'm happy with that :P steelers will get one lose one more time against us at home. so there going 12-4 atg the best.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users