42 replies to this topic

#1 Gashman

Gashman

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 419 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 08:05 PM

Does anybody have stats on our 3rd Quarter performance this year on Offense? Like how many posessions vs 1st downs and 3 and outs? What about 2nd Quarter?

I believe once our scripted plays are done we lose rhythm and consistency on offense. Either that or we try random plays to see what works without any plan. Then in the 4th Quarter we have some scripted plays to run and more than not we find a way.

I am majorly concerned why we rarely use the middle of the field on passing plays or counter what the opposing defense is showing more effectively. Thoughts?

#2 NaveSenrag

NaveSenrag

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,213 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 10:37 PM

The answer to all of your questions is Cam Cameron, with a side order of drops.

#3 ravensfan520

ravensfan520

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 11:35 PM

I really believe our offense has become a live and die with Flacco. He's just to inconsistent for me... He is a good qb but not great or elite. I don't want to give him elite money and cash strap us for years to come. We could use that money to sign a defensive lineman to play next to Ngata. We could still relive the great years of the defense dominating. I am not meaning that we should just throw Taylor in but when our offense hits bad patches again and again why not ruffle his feathers a little and give Taylor a chance with an open playbook and not just the wildcat stuff.

#4 arnie_uk

arnie_uk

Like a Boss!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,966 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 03:21 AM

Ill say again, we had 21 runs for 51 yards after the 1st qtr, the poor play wasn't his fault.

#5 JoeCool#5

JoeCool#5

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,716 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 06:56 AM

Ill say again, we had 21 runs for 51 yards after the 1st qtr, the poor play wasn't his fault.

2.4 yards a carry tough to take. Cam never seems to find that happy medium

9 playoff wins
3 AFC Championship game appearances
1 AFC Championship
1 Super Bowl Title
1 Super Bowl MVP

Give the kid a running game and the world is his oyster. 

#6 funky141

funky141

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,820 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 07:31 AM

It seems the Browns made some adjustments but Cam didn't counter them.

#7 krrock10

krrock10

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 07:34 AM

Shocked that Cam didn't make any adjustments. Oh wait...

#8 Blex64

Blex64

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,053 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 12:22 PM

The Browns adjusted and he didn't.

#9 ravensfan160

ravensfan160

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,537 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 12:34 PM

I feel like Cam must like banging his head against a wall because he does it all the time. He either continues to pass when it isn't working or continues to run when it isn't working.

I hope everyone realizes that those 6 or 7 straight 3 and outs we had were virtually identical.

1) Run up the middle - stuffed
2) Run up the middle - stuffed
3) Incomplete on 3rd and long
4) Punt

I'm all for establishing the run even if we aren't gashing people. But the Browns were amped up to stop our run in the second half. They were overly agressive at attacking the center of our line. Does Can call a toss play? No. Does Cam call a boot leg? No. Does Cam call a play action fake? No. All of the things a coordinator can do to help a running game he failed to do.

Edited by ravensfan160, 05 November 2012 - 12:36 PM.

#10 Free Agent

Free Agent

Sign me, Ozzie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,686 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 12:36 PM

We didnt actually start moving the ball until Dawson kicked a field goal, giving the Browns the lead. I don't know why we had to be pressured to move the ball before we actually did move the ball and get some first downs, but thats what it seemed to take.

Cam has to rediscover that offensive intensity that we were all falling in love with in week 1 against the Bengals. If he can get our offense performing like that, we'll be in great shape.

"It's like somebody created him on Madden." - Jacoby Jones on Joe Flacco

"Hodor." - Hodor

#11 Free Agent

Free Agent

Sign me, Ozzie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,686 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 12:37 PM

I feel like Cam must like banging his head against a wall because he does it all the time. He either continues to pass when it isn't working or continues to run when it isn't working.

I hope everyone realizes that those 6 or 7 straight 3 and outs we had were virtually identical.

4) Punt

It's the old run-run-pass. Classic Cam Cameron. As I stated in my post above, it wasnt until we lost the lead that he started dialing up some decent plays and we started moving the ball. It was quite frustrating.

"Hodor." - Hodor

#12 arnie_uk

arnie_uk

Like a Boss!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,966 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 02:27 PM

Shocked that Cam didn't make any adjustments. Oh wait...

The Browns adjusted and he didn't.

yep, the browns adjusted after he second drive and cam done nothing, play action roll outs would have worked all day cause they keyed in on rice and stacked the box, sure on the td drive we completed a pa rollout to boldin on third down, that iirc was the first one since the first drive to boldin.

He either runs too much or passes too much, he can never have a happy medium and mix it up. The first drive, first two drives were perfect, good mix of run and pass, all the runs weren't just up the gut, we seen tosses and fake full back pitches, we seen shotgun, we seen play action, we seen rollouts, we seen short passes over the middle.

Then he just threw that play book out and went into his shell. The whole offense is bi polar and it starts with cam.

#13 gabefergy

gabefergy

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,816 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 02:52 PM

I've defended Cam in the past, but that streak of 3and outs was almost entirely on him. How about a quick slant to Boldin or Torrey. Use some motions to get WRs in space. The same run up the middle on first down is sooo predictable.

@gabefergy

#14 Npane171

Npane171

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 392 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 03:09 PM

We didnt actually start moving the ball until Dawson kicked a field goal, giving the Browns the lead. I don't know why we had to be pressured to move the ball before we actually did move the ball and get some first downs, but thats what it seemed to take.

Cam has to rediscover that offensive intensity that we were all falling in love with in week 1 against the Bengals. If he can get our offense performing like that, we'll be in great shape.

That's often what it takes, though. Have you ever noticed that during a game, once a "funk" (as our writers like to call it) hits, we seem to find our second wind, as if desperation is a key motivator for this team. I just don't understand how you have 136 total offensive yards on TWO possessions in the first quarter! Then have, I think, like 6 or something? Just ridiculous. Once we were in a real position to lose, guess what...here comes our offense down the field to score a TD.

#15 lgcs27288

lgcs27288

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 935 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 03:11 PM

We have the best 3 and out offense in the league!
"Think like a man of action and act like a man of thought" - Henri Louis Bergson

What would 52 do?

#16 CorvusCorax

CorvusCorax

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,987 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 03:18 PM

I don't always 3 and Out, but I do it's for most of the game.

Posted Image

#17 ravens rule

ravens rule

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 932 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 03:25 PM

Work in the Tightends more especially Pitta in the middle of the field.

#18 Npane171

Npane171

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 392 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 04:02 PM

I don't always 3 and Out, but I do it's for most of the game.

Boom!

#19 Free Agent

Free Agent

Sign me, Ozzie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,686 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 06:32 PM

That's often what it takes, though. Have you ever noticed that during a game, once a "funk" (as our writers like to call it) hits, we seem to find our second wind, as if desperation is a key motivator for this team. I just don't understand how you have 136 total offensive yards on TWO possessions in the first quarter! Then have, I think, like 6 or something? Just ridiculous. Once we were in a real position to lose, guess what...here comes our offense down the field to score a TD.

Although I am glad that we were able to put points on the board when we absolutely had to, it shouldn't have to come to that to muster up some offense. It seemed like just because we had the lead, Cam was content with cranking out simple, predictable plays that obviously resulted in nothing but punts on the field.

Again, I'm glad we managed to score when we started feeling the heat, but I wish it wouldn't come to that. We should be playing, and calling plays, to score on every drive, not just the ones where we are feeling the pressure to score.

"Hodor." - Hodor

#20 omar586

omar586

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,191 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 11:04 PM

4) Punt

I'm all for establishing the run even if we aren't gashing people. But the Browns were amped up to stop our run in the second half. They were overly agressive at attacking the center of our line. Does Can call a toss play? No. Does Cam call a boot leg? No. Does Cam call a play action fake? No. All of the things a coordinator can do to help a running game he failed to do.

i agree, that proves that CAM is stubborn.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users