97 replies to this topic

#1 BR News

BR News

Hall of Famer

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,632 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 07:40 PM

Eisenberg offers 5 gameday thoughts, including key coaching decisions and taking a chill pill.

View the full article

#2 Billy2448

Billy2448

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 577 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 07:54 PM

I have an easy answer, play calling was bad. When the Browns started stopping the run in the 3rd quarter the Ravens kept at it, it normally set up a 3rd and long followed by Flacco taking a shot deep to Torrey Smith. This happened for those 5 or so consecutive 3 and outs. I sometimes think drawing plays out of a hat would be better than letting Cam call plays IMO.

#3 Ravens530

Ravens530

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 07:55 PM

The call to for two by Harbaugh is not a notable "good coaching decision." The chart that all head coaches have with all possible scoring combinations would dictate that you go for it in that situation. It was the right call, just not notable as a great coaching call.

#4 BoominRaven

BoominRaven

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,810 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 07:56 PM

ran the ball well in the first... stopped running in the second.... by the late 2nd early third we were back to our 3 throws in a row 3 and out... and when we did run it was first and second running inside and then 3rd and long, the play calling is still poor but it got it done today. the first quarter is the way we can play every game if cam will let us

#5 law215

law215

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 821 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 07:58 PM

Ravens on offesne still needs to be able to make in game adjustments. Ravens always seem to start off good, but when the defesne adjust, the Ravens don't counter-adjust which lead to 5 straight 3 and outs. That is exactly what happend in Houston except Houston is a much better team. Even with Ray and Webb out, overall the Ravens have a talented roster especially on offense. No, the O-line isn't great, but neither is the Steelers or Patriots. They use scheme and design to get guys opens and setup runs. Cam just can't in-game adjust and the offense, even at home, goes throug lulls. Expect Cam to be gone next year. Pees, isn't great either. The defense always looks like its reacting instead of attacking. Pees is definetly more like Mattison than Chuck.

#6 chevalier

chevalier

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 08:11 PM

According to footballoutsiders, Ravens came into today's game with the # 3 special teams outfit. ST is keeping us competive.

#7 JakeNumber55

JakeNumber55

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 359 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 08:13 PM

There is a easy answer, its called Cam Cameron. My god people I promise you,almost any other offensive coordinator that has this type of talent would not have such bad play calling, its not Joe`s fault not the O-lines fault, it is Cam Cameron`s fault. You know why the Offensive dose good at home because it is a more friendly place to run that no huddle offense and Flacco takes control, when we go into the lions den like Pittsburgh like Huston its really hard to communicate and Cam Cameron slows the game down and takes control and fails. I mean look what happened in Seattle last year no man in his right mind besides Cam Cameron would pass the ball 60 times with Ray Rice in the back filed..... common sense man he dosent have it please get rid of him!!!!

#8 Purple n Black

Purple n Black

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 08:20 PM

The Ravens need a completely new offense!! Cam needs to go away!!!

#9 PolishRifle

PolishRifle

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,263 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 08:21 PM

So running the ball all the time doesn't work either? Why am I not surprised? You need to do, what is the right thing to do at that moment. Lately I have a feeling, that all those Cam haters are right and our much better performance at home comes from Flacco being able to correct Camerons playcalling more effectively.

#10 RavensBaltimore

RavensBaltimore

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 425 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 08:22 PM

I couldn't disagree with the title of this article more. There is an extremely obvious, glaring answer to the offense being inconsistent. It's so obvious, I called it in previous posts, long before this game started. Everyone has been calling for Ray Rice to get the ball more, and I've been saying all along that Cam will go back to running almost every 1st down, defenses will adjust, and the offense will be extremely predictable and easy to defend. That's what he's always done in the past, so it shouldn't be a surprise to anyone that he's doing that again. It's been going on ever since Cam has been here. The routes the receivers run are also very basic and easy to defend, which is why Flacco almost never has open receivers to throw to. I don't know how you can be an NFL writer who watches every Ravens game and not be able to figure that one out.

#11 Purpleghost23

Purpleghost23

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,032 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 08:33 PM

I now we asked for run man but if you notice the run isnt working pass is not that difficult....i was the only one that was super happy after the 2 touchdown and then was what is hapenning?

#12 Raveninexile

Raveninexile

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 08:33 PM

BoominRaven, We kept running in the 2nd and 3rd quarter wWe just kept getting nothing from it. Every single 3 and out the offense has follows a specific formula: 2 back to back runs by Ray Rice result in a 3rd and 8 or 9, Flacco either throws a very deep pass for an incompletion or a quick completion to a close target who doesn't have a prayer of making it the 1st down marker. I'm not an offensive guru, but maybe, when the opponent stacks the box begging you to throw the ball, maybe that's an appropriate time to start the intermediate passing game. I know Ray Rice is a great back, but he is also human and every time you throw him against a solid wall of 300 pound men he's going to get held for little to know gain; even when the O-line wasn't dominated and managed to open some cracks, there was always an ILB or SS there to hold him to 3. Cam is capable of putting together an adequate gameplan, but he has absolutely NO concept of adjustments in his head.

#13 Gashman

Gashman

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 419 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 08:35 PM

Here is an easy answer. Let Cam call plays in the 1st and 4th Quarters. And anybody else in the 2nd and 3rd Quarters.

#14 jimgiampaoli

jimgiampaoli

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 325 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 08:45 PM

General Eisenhower said it best after the Normandy invasion; that you can have all of your battle plans written down on paper, ready to attack and defeat the enemy. After the first shot is fired you throw them all away. Cameron is incapable of readjusting to a new course of action that defenses create on the playing field. He still clutches to his dog eared, four year old playbook.

#15 BmoreB

BmoreB

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,839 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 08:47 PM

When we ran the ball left or right we had success (1st qtr). Up the middle we had no success (2nd & 3rd qtrs). So what does Cam call for ? You got it, run plays up the middle.

Did anyone else catch this ?

#16 CxM_27

CxM_27

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 600 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 09:07 PM

Offensive problems are on Cam Cameron he sucks; Dean Pees is no better .. NO way we beat Ben, & the Manning Brothers with the way our deefense is playing.

#17 ravne05

ravne05

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 814 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 09:10 PM

pretty easy to see why this offense is stuck in concrete just look at the head coach and his loyalty to Cam Cameron.Can the Baltimore media just ask Harbaugh if he sees any difference in Cams play calling now from previous years as the Ravens OC I bet he wont answer that question and that will be your answer. until Cams playbook is taken away you are going to see the same predictible offense week in and week out.

#18 jive_1000

jive_1000

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 09:17 PM

The so-called inconsistency was just the opposite. It was consistent. It was consistently bad for 2 quarters with no changes and resulting lousy results. No inconsistency here, though.

#19 LouieDaLug

LouieDaLug

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 09:22 PM

"There%u2019s no easy answer. It just is."

Hey John, your a good writer but please don't be an apologist for Cam Cameron. There is an easy answer and thats saying bye bye to Cam Cam. Never in his time here has Cameron maximized the talent on the offense. They consistently play under the level of talent that is there. We see the flashes from time to time but Cam is never able to get his players to sustain it.

We saw it again today for about the 50th time. The outhouse and the penthouse all in one game.....Too many weapons on this team for the offense to struggle like it does.

#20 Militant X 1

Militant X 1

"Raven Renegade757"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,374 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 09:23 PM

the running game was on point the first two possessions and then after that Cam made no adjustments to the browns adjustments to stopping the Ravens run....especially that inside junk Cam kept calling. sure, throw the ball when need be in order to be balanced and to take advantage of the defense. but what about adding sweeps, pitches and tosses to get Rice's speed running to the outside? Rice isn't a bruiser back to keep trying to pound the ball up the gut with him.

~Mili

Militant X 1

RayLewisSig1_zps3a0863e0.png

"I don’t care about the opponent. They’re nameless, gray faces!"

- Mike Tomlin

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users