46 replies to this topic

#1 krrock10

krrock10

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 07:23 PM

This is not a bash Cam thread as it is well known that he blows. Please no mention of Cam!

Please post ways that you think the offense could improve.

- Is it just me, or do we never work the middle of the field???
- Why dont we roll Flacco out of the pocket, our O-line cant hold long enough when he stays in the pocket on deeper routes.
- Speaking of which, we need to run more short passing routes. Our O-line just can't hold long enough for the mid-deep patterns.
- Doesnt seem like we throw many bombs anymore. Am I delusional?

EDIT - Any suggestion can be something that Cam should do better, I just dont want this to be a Cam bashing thread. No mention of Cam, just pure design of the offense. Obviosuly in the end, its all things he should do better.

Edited by krrock10, 04 November 2012 - 07:33 PM.

#2 berad

berad

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,802 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 07:29 PM

All those things pertain to play design aka Cam! hahaha

Ways we can improve, that Cam has minimal effect on, is limiting the drops. Even today we had 2-3 at least. Also, limiting dumb penalties, an Oher holding, Yanda false start, Pierce personal foul (even though he came back and scored).
a9skd1.jpg

"Bring it. They want physical. They want to run against us. You know we'll be there."

#3 Ed_Reed20

Ed_Reed20

Crenshaw Pete

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,717 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 07:30 PM

I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic but all four of those issues are directly related to Cam.
"...when Sean Taylor is in the neighborhood, you will feel him." - Al Michaels

Posted Image

ER20 takes off and then gets distracted by a debate going on...

#4 Moderator 3

Moderator 3

Hall of Famer

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,359 posts

We need to use bunch formations and stacked releases on occasion. We also need to stop tipping our plays.
15fqib6.jpg

#5 redrum52

redrum52

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,116 posts

This is not a bash Cam thread as it is well known that he blows. Please no mention of Cam!

- Why dont we roll Flacco out of the pocket, our O-line cant hold long enough when he stays in the pocket on deeper routes.
- Speaking of which, we need to run more short passing routes. Our O-line just can't hold long enough for the mid-deep patterns.

Thread hijack... Cam sucks. He's the reason behind all of this. We can't talk about the offense and routes without mentioning his lame duck game planning and play calling. Cam is the anti offense. He is to our offenses production what an abortion clinic is to a babies life.

#6 RivenHale

RivenHale

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 701 posts

Yeah, if you take Cam out, it's all execution. Make the throws, catch the balls, make the holes and hit them hard. Nothing everyone doesn't already know.

EDIT: Everyone except-- Oh well you know.

Edited by RivenHale, 04 November 2012 - 07:31 PM.

#7 Ravenslifer

Ravenslifer

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,221 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 08:33 PM

EDIT - Any suggestion can be something that Cam should do better, I just dont want this to be a Cam bashing thread. No mention of Cam, just pure design of the offense. Obviosuly in the end, its all things he should do better.

Unfortunately, not only is everything you said spot on, but it all goes back to scheme design and play calling, both done by Cam Cameron. We do everything you said like once every three games, it works great, and we never see it again.

#8 K-Dog

K-Dog

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,017 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 08:40 PM

Man it was a valiant effort to make this a "no Cam zone " but that would be impossible with this bunch.
K-Dog

"Animals want to learn how to talk so they can hang out with me." Ray Lewis

#9 Ed_Reed20

Ed_Reed20

Crenshaw Pete

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,717 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 08:48 PM

Man it was a valiant effort to make this a "no Cam zone " but that would be impossible with this bunch.

This bunch? It's not as if people like [profanity deleted]ing about Cam without reason. He holds a fair amount of blame for the offense's inconsistency.
"...when Sean Taylor is in the neighborhood, you will feel him." - Al Michaels

Posted Image

ER20 takes off and then gets distracted by a debate going on...

#10 AsianRice

AsianRice

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,255 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 08:48 PM

The major and major improvement on the offense that I can see clearly and everyone else as well as the media is a replacement of Cam.....

It's easy to fix a tangible thing than intangible thing like Cam's perception on playcallings.....
2013 WORLD CHAMPION

#11 display name

display name

Gotham's Reckoning

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,957 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 08:51 PM

Suggs package!

The Raven, on 03 Jan 2012-624 PM, said:

"You have reached your quota of negative votes for the day"

VIVA LA BUTT-FUMBLE!!!

Malkavian Raven, on 4 June 2014, said: "Display's off his meds again. Alert the white coats with the butterfly nets."

#12 K-Dog

K-Dog

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,017 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 08:53 PM

Point being Cam is not the be all end all of the offense.
You can put ANY one in the OC position and balls will continue to be dropped.
False starts will occur.

We have a thread on here some where that was about our defense and Cam got thrown under the bus.

Some one here at the end of last season said it was Cams fault Joe Flacco did not go to the polar bear plunge.

I am waiting for hurricane Sandy to be Cams fault.

yes Cam is at fault but he is far, far from alone.
K-Dog

"Animals want to learn how to talk so they can hang out with me." Ray Lewis

#13 Hardbaugh

Hardbaugh

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 648 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 09:36 PM

If the quarterback is inconsistent you'll see inconsistent play. At times Joe looks like a capable quaterback then at other times it looks like he's never held a football before---- see the second and third quarters.

It's laughable that he wants to get paid as a top five guy when his statistics scream otherwise.

#14 Ravens804

Ravens804

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 585 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 09:39 PM

Norv-Turner

Baltimore_Ravens.jpg

Ravens804

#15 rlh445

rlh445

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,828 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 10:28 PM

Suggs package!

Can we even call it the Suggs Package now that Troy is gone? I guess Tyrod is a worthy replacement. I second this man's idea! Let's just go back to the good ol' Suggs Package.

This is football, not teacups with the Queen.

#16 Bravens292

Bravens292

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,582 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 11:35 PM

Norv-Turner

we scored more points against the browns with cam cameron. jason garrett please.
"Thats what white guys do when they're excited" - Joe Flacco

#17 Rogerdat

Rogerdat

Practice Squad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 11:42 PM

How about doing what other good offenses in the league are doing, throw to the tight ends down the field. Not just on short out patterns or short arrow patterns, let them run down the field and see if there are match up problems with LB's. Establishing a running game is good but for us to be specifically a run team and thrown when we have to is old. It doesn't work anymore. All the good teams throw the ball first, run second. I have no problem giving Rice the ball 15-20 times a game but it's not working to run anymore than 15-20. Throw the ball to the tight ends more.

#18 Npane171

Npane171

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 392 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 12:25 AM

How about doing what other good offenses in the league are doing, throw to the tight ends down the field. Not just on short out patterns or short arrow patterns, let them run down the field and see if there are match up problems with LB's. Establishing a running game is good but for us to be specifically a run team and thrown when we have to is old. It doesn't work anymore. All the good teams throw the ball first, run second. I have no problem giving Rice the ball 15-20 times a game but it's not working to run anymore than 15-20. Throw the ball to the tight ends more.

I agree! Not with our O-line. It certainly isn't bad, but to attempt as many runs with the hopes of consistent gain is too high of an expectation. Plenty of times today not even a hole was created for Rice. If you noticed we pitched the ball so Rice could run to the outside, which to me indicates how lackluster our O-line can be. We rarely pitch the ball, if memory serves me correctly. Usually we're punching it up the gut, but it works well during the beginning and defenses usually put an end to it very quickly.

#19 Ravenseconbeast

Ravenseconbeast

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,586 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 12:33 AM

Our offense needs to recognize how to attack the defense.

The opponents scheme is constantly changing and were doing the same play over and over.

They need to identify what is going on field and expose and create opportunities.

The team can prep on practice, but you can clearly tell when our offense scheme falls apart, we have a hard time picking ourself back. Almost to a point where we look like we have our chicken head cut off. Just look at all the 3&outs past 3-4 games.

The players needs to recognize whats going on field. I think that is the most important thing. Prep is good, but evaluate and constantly figure out what to do to attack their defense. Don't just sit there, kiss the mary and hope something can happen.

That 6 consecutive 3 & out after a fantastic start just proves it.

#20 PerpetuallyBored74

PerpetuallyBored74

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 697 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 01:10 AM

One word:

Adjustments

(And I don't mean wait until the 4th Qtr to finally make them)

Edited by PerpetuallyBored74, 05 November 2012 - 01:11 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users