#1 nextgen_RavensFan

nextgen_RavensFan

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,055 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 05:24 PM

We are at 6-2. Congratulations Ravens.

I think i was was getting frustrated as i thought, Hey the no huddle and automayically though high scoring. I was letting myself down huh.

I think what we all saw today was the true Ravens. We will not blow many teams away with our offense and our defense is like stretch armstrong. They get bent, pulled and twisted but they do not break. If that is what we are then ok, it was a win and we are 6-2.

WTG Ravens.
This spot reserved for Super Bowl celebratory images !!

#2 black blood purple passion

black blood purple passion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 858 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 05:30 PM

Well I agree with all this but yet, I still find myself banging my head against the wall with our offensive play calling. I'm not trying to tout myself as some kind of psychic; however, I do like to think I have a decent to moderate understanding of the inner workings of football....and I can read 60 to 70% of Cam's plays before they even happen...imagine if I actually took time to study! His plays are uncreative and incredibly predictable, it's pathetic.

#3 rmw10

rmw10

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,737 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 05:59 PM

Agreed. This game wasn't pretty by any means, but we came up with the big plays when we need them.

The defense looks better. It's still concerning that Richardson got 100+ yards on us, but overall, I feel like there was a big improvement from the Texans game. Having Suggs back certainly helps, and Cody and Jones actually didn't crap their pants out there today.

The offense is too inconsistent to play the top-end teams right now. Our receivers, minus Torrey, are struggling to get separation. Play calling is still an issue. We saw today what giving Rice the ball can do, yet he was seemingly forgotten about after the 1st quarter.

There's still a lot of work to be done, but I don't think the Ravens are anything like the team we saw last week.

#4 K-Dog

K-Dog

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,317 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 06:26 PM

Today was a VAST, VAST, VAST improvement on both sides of the ball over the Huston game.
We still have a ways to go but at least the ship is uprighted and we are bailing water faster than it is coming in.

I am still scared crapless about that late November / early December stretch. But we have building blocks and we are headed in the right direction.

( could I cram more analogys into one post ? )
K-Dog

"Animals want to learn how to talk so they can hang out with me." Ray Lewis

#5 Moderator 3

Moderator 3

Hall of Famer

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,883 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 06:33 PM

I posted this in one of the blogs, but I'll put it here too.

I agree that our offense went through a bad spell during the game, but seriously: we put up 25 points on the road. We put up 25 points on a team the Chargers couldn't score on last week. Has anyone stopped to think that the Browns defense just might be "for real"? Heaven knows they've had enough high draft picks to stock that team with talent.
15fqib6.jpg

#6 EricH

EricH

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 06:40 PM

True. I like this thread.
Our d did look better!
Let's carry on!!!

#7 K-Dog

K-Dog

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,317 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 06:44 PM

I agree that our offense went through a bad spell during the game, but seriously: we put up 25 points on the road. We put up 25 points on a team the Chargers couldn't score on last week. Has anyone stopped to think that the Browns defense just might be "for real"? Heaven knows they've had enough high draft picks to stock that team with talent.

*face palm *
Sadly you are right. We REALLY DONT need another AFC north powerhouse.
K-Dog

"Animals want to learn how to talk so they can hang out with me." Ray Lewis

#8 AsianRice

AsianRice

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,318 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 08:38 PM

Today was a VAST, VAST, VAST improvement on both sides of the ball over the Huston game.
We still have a ways to go but at least the ship is uprighted and we are bailing water faster than it is coming in.

I am still scared crapless about that late November / early December stretch. But we have building blocks and we are headed in the right direction.

( could I cram more analogys into one post ? )

Joe Haden is for real too, but Torrey can tear him up if he and Joe on the same page on couple incomplete passes...

I agree about the Browns defense which look like a real threat in years to come....
2013 WORLD CHAMPION

#9 Moderator 3

Moderator 3

Hall of Famer

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,883 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 09:01 PM

Sometimes I think I must be the only person left who can just enjoy a win over a division opponent. Our team made great strides since the last game and I have every reason to believe we'll continue to get better. We have a young team, we've been ravaged by injuries, yet we're 6-2 and still improving. We'll be better when we play Oakland and even more better (smile) when we go to Pittsburgh. Heck, Torrey Smith even tried a double move today. He sucked at it, but he'll improve. It's not like we have a bunch of over-the-hill players.

Seriously people, relax and enjoy the ride. The team is working hard and learning.
15fqib6.jpg

#10 Moderator 2

Moderator 2

Hall of Famer

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,977 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 09:13 PM

Sometimes I think I must be the only person left who can just enjoy a win over a division opponent. Our team made great strides since the last game and I have every reason to believe we'll continue to get better. We have a young team, we've been ravaged by injuries, yet we're 6-2 and still improving. We'll be better when we play Oakland and even more better (smile) when we go to Pittsburgh. Heck, Torrey Smith even tried a double move today. He sucked at it, but he'll improve. It's not like we have a bunch of over-the-hill players.

Seriously people, relax and enjoy the ride. The team is working hard and learning.

Im enjoying it--a win is a win unless you lose Webby and Ray in the same game *sigh* That was not a happy day.
68f2a8.jpg

#11 The Raven

The Raven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,175 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 10:40 PM

If not the defense, at least the secondary. Their pass defense is legit, and that extends to their pass rush as well.

#12 ravensfan2424

ravensfan2424

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 692 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 11:20 PM

It was a good day in showing that we can still rock it even with the injuries and inexperience. That being said, I'd still like Cam to sure up his ever so obvious play-calling and have the secondary tighten up with better match-ups or looking into FA for a more experienced CB. A better QB would have shredded the Defense today

1005856_10201063947747543_1065445185_n.j

#13 UMDan

UMDan

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,273 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 12:11 AM

Amen, brother. No today wasn't perfect, but our defense was much better (especially considering we're missing Ray and Webb) and the offense wasn't completely stagnant on the road, they delivered when they needed to at the very end. I'm happy with a win and I think we can continue to improve as the season advances. Yes, Pittsburgh is looking better than they did earlier this season, but I still believe we have the pieces to be the better team, and we still have a one game lead.

#14 Moderator 3

Moderator 3

Hall of Famer

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,883 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 08:03 AM

So, now that the almighty Falcons struggled (at home where they are pretty much invincible) to beat the Cowboys, anyone feeling even a little bit better about our win over them?
15fqib6.jpg

#15 jdynamite

jdynamite

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,968 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 10:30 AM

What I'm starting to see is that our CBs have trouble covering the Routes that our offense lacks or barely use, smh.. When teams run quick double moves, or drag routes across the field, post route from the slot, the routes that barely ever work or get utilized for us, because we run so many streaks, 7-10 yard curls comebacks.

#16 jimmypowder

jimmypowder

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,548 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 10:58 AM

So, now that the almighty Falcons struggled (at home where they are pretty much invincible) to beat the Cowboys, anyone feeling even a little bit better about our win over them?

Yep I am . The Cowboys have plenty of talent .

#17 Finally

Finally

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 11:01 AM

#1 Congrats on your win over the Browns

Secondly, for some reason the Falcons are a better road team this year than home team. All of our home games have been close. With that said, Dallas is a super talented team that needs better coaching. They certainly have the capacity (like all teams) to play poorly but they are desperate to make a statement so when they face one of the teams at the top they are going to be a tough opponent to beat. Also, it makes me physically ill to give them any credit.

Good luck this week against the Raiders. They are also not a pushover team.
--------------------

Falcons Fan

#18 JEEPercreepermd

JEEPercreepermd

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,888 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 11:18 AM

The Browns defense IS for real...they've played us extremely tough over the past few seasons.
Here's my take from the game. The defense didn't allow any TD's, on the road against a division opponent (a much improved one) that is a feat. We limited Weeden to aout 175 and 2 ints..compared to 300 in week 4. We were down on the road, and despite the offense getting shut down in the middle of the game, we got a TD when it mattered most to seal the win.Special teams were decent, we didint give Cribbs any huge returns, the offense didnt turn the ball over, and we won!

The Ravens are going to have to play much much better down the stretch to stay ahead of the division.
"Somebody may beat me, but they are going to have to bleed to do it" - Steve Prefontaine

#19 Bravens292

Bravens292

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,681 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 04:42 PM

the only thing i'm happy about is we have a really good special teams now. Jones has solidified returner, Tucker has been amazing, Koch is always reliable, and coverage unit (specifically brown and graham) has been great. Much improved from last year. kudos to rosburg for turning it around from last year.
"Thats what white guys do when they're excited" - Joe Flacco

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users