Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BR News

[News] Game Recap: Ravens vs. Browns

133 posts in this topic

The Baltimore offense woke up from a mid-game funk just in time to score the winning TD.

[url=http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Game-Recap-Ravens-vs-Browns/38e41a06-cfbc-49f7-86f8-74c128b6b0fc]View the full article[/url]

I think our two point conversion was the best play of the game. Hey Cam....stash that fancy play away for when you need it. Might have been the only unpredictable play you called all day.

Don't forget the Browns have always played the Ravens tough! Just like the Ravens have had the Steelers' number for a while.

The Ravens played a good defensive game and the offense woke up in time to get the win!

[i][quote name='NCMan' timestamp='1352067646' post='1210240']
I think our two point conversion was the best play of the game. Hey Cam....stash that fancy play away for when you need it. Might have been the only unpredictable play you called all day.
[/quote][/i]

[i]Give credit where credit is due: Flacco for the audible on the two-point conversion, finding Anquan Boldin wide open! Way to go Joe!!![/i]

After watching the Ravens under the Direction of Cam, I feel he likes to sit on a lead. Once the game gets close or the Ravens are loosing, Seems to let them play like they are capable of playing. I find it hard to believe they can score 14 that quick, then nothing until it's down to the wire!

Jr. Morgan,

The browns defense adjusted to what we were doing on offense. It's just cam didn't adjust until 4th qrt.
But this wont be an issue cuz we won the game. If we lost it would be a completely different story.

I remember Jah was put in at RG for a few snaps. Did Yanda hurt himself, or was Harbs just trying to find where Jah fits best?

[quote name='NCMan' timestamp='1352067646' post='1210240']
[/quote]

Cam didn't call that play. Flacco audibled to it. Any time you see the defense fooled and a receiver wide open, you can pretty much be sure that it wasn't called by Cam.

very good job by the D, just enough O this week - it's a needed win bengals lose & go Giants. Have a nice week all

Good day for Ray Rice and Bernard Pierce on offense. Would have loved to see Ray put up 100 yds or more today, but I'll take 98 yds. And no TD's allowed by the defense aside from the one that was called back. I'll certainly take the win today, but would still love to see more dominance from the Ravens.

It is offical the defense is BACK=ish..... it showed up today and flacco did a pretty good job. I still wanna see this man throw for 4,00 yards and 30 TDs. and 15 or fewer INTs. that will prove to me he is elite. LET's GO FLACCO AND HIS PLAY CALLING!

I thought, after the first couple drives, we might get something going, and then Cam just...I don't even know. I don't know whether its all his fault, but he's definitely a big part of the problem. It annoys me so much that after all this time he's still unable to unlock all that untapped potential on the offense.

I love how Cam called a Rice run on the 2pt conversion and Joe was like no I see something better.

eh, i'm just glad we won the game! there was a few things that i saw out there with our offense...again...that i didn't like. oh well, we are 6-2 and the raiders are up next!

~Mili

DeAngelo Tyson and Art Jones need to play more! Both were phenomenal at the point of attack today! Run defense was beyond improved. Upshaw and Kruger really brought it today on the edges. Jimmy continued struggled and didnt show anything new. Also the constant 3 and 4 man fronts and obvious passing situations need to change. When we bring blitzes our defense thrives at its best! Overall one of our best defensive performances to date. Use next week as another confidence booster and we should be alright going forward! Incredible job of not allowing a TD today too! We are almost completely back to playing Ravens Defense.

I said this last week, but, My Gawd our offense is 'anemic'
We Couldn't score against Calvert Manor Nursing Home!
Five Consecutive '3 and out's'!!!!!
Face it Folks... Playoffs WILL be quite painful for us Purple Faithful...

We won,we won!I still think our coaching staff was almost as bad as the browns.One trick Cam and no option Peas must go!

I agree that our offense went through a bad spell during the game, but seriously: we put up 25 points on the road. We put up 25 points on a team the Chargers couldn't score on last week. Has anyone stopped to think that the Browns defense just might be "for real"? Heaven knows they've had enough high draft picks to stock that team with talent.

First Off, It Was Good To Win.....

Now to Dissect The Game.

1) The plan going into the game was obviously feed Ray Rice the ball and Pass off Play action and in 3RD Down and Passing Situations only.
Obviously the Fans Crying for running game, helped push this along.. And it Worked in the 1st Quarter when Rice went 11 rush for 66 yards.. and we got 14 points...
However Cleveland Defense loaded up to Stop Ray the Rest of the Game, and he only managed 33 yards on 14 carries.. a little over 2 yards per, sad.

On the Other hand Because we Dominated 1st Quarter with 6 minute Offense we flipped time of Possession in our favor and helped the Defense.
Which I thought Played better but not at all great or "RAVEN DEFENSE".

I thought you began to see double teams on SIZZLE which allowed free pass rushers which allowed more pressure on the QB, and helped out our secondary a lot.
And I thought even though we still gave up what 120 rushing, the Ravens began to Gang tackle and cover all the gaps in the late 3rd quarter and 4th quarter.. like a "RAVEN DEFENSE".
But rushing D, needs improvement still...
Glad to have the 2 turnovers... those are always a plus...

Overall Solid Win

Really dont understand the play calling at all at times (didnt run the time out with less than 2 minutes left in 1st half) but we got it done against the Browns...we will have to step it up against more of a quality team...defense!!, Im so gald they showed some pride out thier for the Black-n-Purple, Ray would be proud. Now we have the Raiders coming to our house and I hope they handle them as well as they should, 2 gimme games I look at it as so now they got another one coming, lets go Bmore!!

I like the commitment to the run and hope the No Huddle is gone. On that note I believe we did give a little too predictable and should have mixed some play action on 1st down instead of running twice for 0 yards then going shotgun in obvious passing situations. Our D looked better but we better improve before the Steelers game because you can't beat good teams when your offense disappears for that long.

Hey, any time you hold the opponent to ZERO Td's with 5 trips inside the 20 Yard line, that is phenomenal. I stepped out during the 2nd half and luckily missed that certain 'ineptitude' of 3 and outs and etc., but was it the Browns or our defense that they couldn't get a TD from 5 trips in the Red Zone????

We scored the 3rd td because of the no huddle it put pressure on the browns D. Great game even though we kept running ball way to often in the second half and became to predictable. Our o line needs to push more.

Lets give some credit to the browns defense . But overall i saw improvement in the offense and the defense i wish there was some way to knwo who is calling what during the game when offense is on the field . I'm lost as t why things go so well and then wham .....
good job cary williams . and graham did a good job too .

[quote name='Moderator 3' timestamp='1352071715' post='1210428']
I agree that our offense went through a bad spell during the game, but seriously: we put up 25 points on the road. We put up 25 points on a team the Chargers couldn't score on last week. Has anyone stopped to think that the Browns defense just might be "for real"? Heaven knows they've had enough high draft picks to stock that team with talent.
[/quote] Thanks for saying this i think we did an awesome job the browns have allot of good players on defense then need some credit .