Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ravens27

The Refs

42 posts in this topic

they were trying to kill our momentium with the "suggs" package.. i dont understand coach's decison to throw the red flag tho.. it was pretty pointless to me.. anyone think mason will be back in? or is today heaps chance to shine?! :D

the refs have a thing against us.. I dont see bad reffing really till we play.. its like they get paid to hate us?

[quote name='mpplaya07' post='87150' date='Nov 9 2008, 04:43 PM']the refs have a thing against us.. I dont see bad reffing really till we play.. its like they get paid to hate us?[/quote]
idk i saw some really bad calls against the texans too... maybe you should take those purple shaded glasses off and realize that the refs just plain suck

well, you guys all got to admit that they usaully have a much better view of things thatn we do. And [b]most of the time[/b] they get the calls right. I mean, they are profesionals.

I doubt anyone was mad when owen daniels got called for holding on that TD pass to slaton. I for one saw no holding on that play.

[quote name='bossman419' post='87153' date='Nov 9 2008, 04:45 PM']idk i saw some really bad calls against the texans too... maybe you should take those purple shaded glasses off and realize that the refs just plain suck[/quote]

AGREE!! I posted the first comment @ the end of the first half.. the second half the texans got some bad calls but hey.. welcome to what happens to US every week.. REFS are getting ridiculous like that clean hit last week in the giants game..

[quote name='Moderator 2' post='86568' date='Nov 9 2008, 02:25 PM']Boger--does the name ring a bell?[/quote]

hahah i think he was the same guy when we played vs the pats...funny how there was a dramatic decline in penalties in the 3rd quarter and on. :lol:

[quote name='bossman419' post='87153' date='Nov 9 2008, 04:45 PM']idk i saw some really bad calls against the texans too... maybe you should take those purple shaded glasses off and realize that the refs just plain suck[/quote]

As everybody already knows, I agree completely. The refs don't hate us, they just suck across the board. Everyteam thinks they are hated on.

Yeah, even though a few went our way in the first half, I was getting pretty torked to see a flag practically every other play. With the improvement in the second half I call this one a "wash" though.

[quote name='PuRock' post='87193' date='Nov 9 2008, 05:21 PM']As everybody already knows, I agree completely. The refs don't hate us, they just suck across the board. Everyteam thinks they are hated on.[/quote]
I agree totally...the refs just generally suck accross the board...maybe the NFL with all of its money needs to pay a full time, professional corps of officials and hold them accountable!!!

[quote name='ravensorioleshoyas522155' post='87155' date='Nov 9 2008, 04:46 PM']i think texans fans could come in here and say the same exact things[/quote]

exactally.

Early on I was yelling at the reffs thinking they were being WAY bias, but then the calling went the other way.
Pretty even from there on out.

[quote name='K-Dog' post='87274' date='Nov 9 2008, 06:57 PM']exactally.

Early on I was yelling at the reffs thinking they were being WAY bias, but then the calling went the other way.
Pretty even from there on out.[/quote]
That is why I thought may have been the sun in their eyes. That sun was brutal looking.

Better hope that the NFL refs aren't reading all of this, or you guys are going to get a $20000 fine like Randy Moss did. But yeah, the officiating in general has been terrible, some calls being game changing (like the Denver SD game in week 2).

If there is any team that should claim the refs hate them, it should be San Diego. They were screwed in Denver. Today during the Cheifs game. The refs called a pass interference call to put the Cheifs on the one-yard line.

The Charger fans are having the same discussion we are
[url="http://forums.chargers.com/showthread.php?t=60708"]http://forums.chargers.com/showthread.php?t=60708[/url] - "The referees suck"

Pu I saw that play. Dude was all over Gonzalez, it was a good call.

However, the constant holding on Trevor Pryce is not a good no call. What will it take for the refs to not allow holding against us?

[quote name='neepo13' post='87435' date='Nov 9 2008, 08:49 PM']Pu I saw that play. Dude was all over Gonzalez, it was a good call.

However, the constant holding on Trevor Pryce is not a good no call. What will it take for the refs to not allow holding against us?[/quote]

It was close. It could have gone as a no-call. He got there when the ball did.

[quote name='beetus' post='87519' date='Nov 9 2008, 10:53 PM']I counted at least twice where Trevor Pryce was held and there was no call.[/quote]
held nah the ref said the lineman was only trying to cuddle him lol j/k

Here are some posts from the Texans Boards. It's funny because both sides think the refs hate them. Maybe it was a split crew.

[quote]I can promise all of you idiots saying to fire our coach he don't tell the QB's to throw the all to the other team! He don't tell the O line not to block, And he definitly does not tell the Defense to keep giving up these big plays that are killing us!!!!! [b]Oh yeah and why do the refs hate US[/b]?[/quote]

[quote]We played fine until Sage and the [b]refs gave them the game AGAIN![/quote]

[quote]more like
refs/sage 41
Texans 13[/quote]

This year all around the league the ref's have been horrible to be nice, we catch alot of call's but it's just the nature of a aggressive defense. It's not that there is no discipline but passion sometime's gets the best of em. But across the league officiating has been horrible, and it did cost us atleast 1 game.

When I saw Mike Carey was head ref, I let out a long groan. Him and Hochuli guarantee a game where it looks like THEY want
to dominate the highlight reel. More bad calls went against us but the ones that went against the Texans were on the bigger
plays.

The refs aren't always a pariah. Just today, last week on the Wright TD (knee down), the Suggs call vs. TEN, and the Derrick Mason TD foot drag vs. Pittsburgh. The worst call of the year is the Cutler fumble vs. San Diego, but the Collins call was right up there.

Pryce and Suggs get held every game like crazy....and no call. But multiple defensive holding calls vs. both teams on short runs?
Bah. I try to cut the refs some slack, but the bonehead and ticky-tack calls are very irksome.