Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BALTIMOREFLACCO

Week 10 Against Oakland Raiders

120 posts in this topic

Battle of the penalty yards?

But in all seriousness, despite our struggles, I expect a win for a few reason.

Here are a key 3.

1. Joe at home is money.
2. We can run on Oakland's 30th ranked rush defense.
3. Oakland is towards the bottom in pass protection.

Oakland has been decent on offense, we will need to keep improving on D. Thank god they don't have an elite WR.

The most overlooked issue we have right now is penalties. We were leading the league in penalties a couple weeks ago, and we might still be. The run D was marginally better today, and the defense was stellar in the redzone, plus could've had more picks had we hung on, but there were way too many costly penalties today.

I like the thought of 7-2 going into Pittsburgh. I don't like the thought of leaving M & T. The Ravens aren't at all great on the road! Can they switch the Super Bowl to Baltimore this year?

[quote name='3-4ravdef509' timestamp='1352065474' post='1210157']
I just hope we come our fresh and healthy.
[/quote]
Heard dat

[quote name='Ragin'Raven' timestamp='1352065258' post='1210151']
I like the thought of 7-2 going into Pittsburgh. I don't like the thought of leaving M & T. The Ravens aren't at all great on the road! Can they switch the Super Bowl to Baltimore this year?
[/quote]
Sending an email to Roger now...... What do you mean im getting fined now for trying?
Quintessential trap game. But we dont lose at home.

Seeing significant improvements today, ( though much more progress is needed ) I feel pretty good about this game.
Not 100% confidant, but pretty good.

Ravens have the tendency to play down to their opponent and I see next week being no different.

Early Prediction:

Ravens: 27
Raiders: 17

[quote name='JO_75' timestamp='1352067479' post='1210230']
Ravens have the tendency to play down to their opponent and I see next week being no different.

Early Prediction:

Ravens: 27
Raiders: 17
[/quote]

nah, we score more than 30... we're playing at the bank... 34-20 more likely

[quote name='Ravenseconbeast' timestamp='1352071321' post='1210408']
Mcfadden Injured @ TB game. Possible he can be out vs. us, but im not holding my breath on it.
[/quote]
That could be huge if he is out, hope we can get to 7-2.

[quote name='BALTIMOREFLACCO' timestamp='1352064562' post='1210134']
Battle of the penalty yards?

But in all seriousness, despite our struggles, I expect a win for a few reason.

Here are a key 3.

1. Joe at home is money.
2. We can run on Oakland's 30th ranked rush defense.
3. Oakland is towards the bottom in pass protection.

Oakland has been decent on offense, we will need to keep improving on D. [b]Thank god they don't have an elite WR.[/b]
[/quote]

Not calling him elite but Denarius Moore is pretty solid. Cant afford to sleep on him especially with our CB's

[quote name='Chris J. Faria' timestamp='1352076101' post='1210635']
[b]I know this [i]sounds[/i] unrealistic, but if the Ravens are able to pitch a shutout (or at least hold the Raiders to a mere 3 points), I believe it would be the ideal momentum boost heading down the stretch.[/b]

Not everyone may agree with me, but I definitely saw an improvement from the defense, today, even if it was against the Cleveland Browns. Sure, there was some sloppiness, but the bye week paid off and Terrell Suggs is making the difference upfront.
[/quote]

As much as I'm confident the team will handle business against Oakland and get the W, I'd never expect the D to pitch a shutout or hold any team to 3 points.They've been downright terrible at times this season and the Raiders have quite a few explosive players.

I know this [i]sounds[/i] unrealistic, but if the Ravens are able to pitch a shutout (or at least hold the Raiders to a mere 3 points), I believe it would be the ideal momentum boost heading down the stretch.

Not everyone may agree with me, but I definitely saw an improvement from the defense, today, even if it was against the Cleveland Browns. Sure, there was some sloppiness, but the bye week paid off and Terrell Suggs is making the difference upfront.
[/quote]

No way not to agree. The defense was playing much better today than the last three games. The bye was very helpful. Hopefully we see them continue to improve over the next few games.

Ray Rice Jr. gave them the business today, so that's encouraging. I'm anxious to see if we will see the return of the eccentric Raiders fan, the one claiming that Carson Palmer is an elite QB and eons ahead of Joe Flacco.

Not everyone may agree with me, but I definitely saw an improvement from the defense, today,
[/quote]

If any one says out D showed NO improvement today,,,,, um,,,, well they are incorrect.

ya know it got to the point where I dont really want to come around here after a loss.
It might be that winning is equally as bad.

After Raiders game, its going to be incredibly tough.

Steelers
Chargers
Steelers
Redskins
Broncos
Giants
Bengals

Its going to be unforgiving.

Lets start that motor from here on out. We need to get fired up on all cyclinders: Offense, Defense & ST. Team and especially our Coaching staff.

7-2 we need this! Lets go!

I expect the balance to shift towards Flacco again. At home Joe is money and you can really mess the Raiders up with the pass. Plus, Flacco looked freaking furious after todays game. I predict an angry offensive blowout.

[quote name='Chris J. Faria' timestamp='1352080412' post='1210731']
The irony is that some users have already disagreed with that statement, in the posts above (yours).

[b]It's going to be a fun week, filled with tons of disagreements, I can tell![/b]
[/quote]

that's because we all see things differently! some may say the glass is half full and others may say it is half empty.

~Mili

[quote name='Militant X 1' timestamp='1352086504' post='1210856']

that's because we all see things differently! some may say the glass is half full and others may say it is half empty.

~Mili
[/quote]

The glass is too big.

[quote name='K-Dog' timestamp='1352086963' post='1210868']

The glass is too big.
[/quote]
Ahhhh I sooo drunk now......
Jk.
With the most overrated QB in the nfl without his all pro RB, it makes it much harder for him...

Palmer is my QB. Crap. I don't want to play him, and I don't have a backup. Maybe I'll pick one up off wavers, although it would probably be smart not to.

[quote name='cursona pirate' timestamp='1352088844' post='1210912']
Doesent Palmer always have our number?
[/quote]
That number has been disconnected.