Ravens Schedule Coming Wednesday!

The Ravens will announce their 2014 regular season schedule on Wednesday, April 23rd at 8:00 pm ET.
Close

Photo

Foul Language Warning

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 biggytuffy

biggytuffy

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 179 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 10:32 AM

I have been warned by the Ravens' Organization to refrain from the use of foul language. I acknowledge the warning and I apologize. Some time ago, I wrote to the organization regarding the vulgarity contained in Raven player videos and I never received a response. A double standard perhaps?

#2 berad

berad

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,085 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 10:49 AM

The Ravens try their hardest to limit vulgar language - whether in songs or actually player audio - and, when they can't, they'll post a disclaimer/warning for it. Sometimes, the Ravens can't control the lyrics of a song or what a player says on the field but we can control what we write on the forum. Profanity takes away from the family-friendly atmosphere the organization is trying to promote.

You were given a 0-pt 'friendly warning'.
Posted Image

"Bring it. They want physical. They want to run against us. You know we'll be there."

#3 black blood purple passion

black blood purple passion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 850 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 01:02 PM

Very few songs don't have swear words in them anymore anyway. It'd be pretty funny trying to watch the boys get pumped up to miley cyrus singing.

#4 Moderator 2

Moderator 2

Hall of Famer

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,919 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 03:57 PM

Y'all listen to different stuff then I do lol it's an age thing.

Couple things, if people want to be able access the site at work and their employer uses something like websense -- it looks for profanity, use of all symbols to avoid the profanity filter, and symbols for letters.
Our profanity filter picks this stuff up and you get a < profanity deleted>, and it's not an issue, it is the intentional circumventing profanity filter that will get you a warning. New people or first time offenders usually get a "0" points note. We can't control the videos but if they are 'bad' they are not embedded. Football players and coaches have potty mouths its a fact except for a few like Todd Heap when he was here and Cam Cameron does not cuss, I think we all do enough for him.
I know I have heard 5 and 6 graders have a colorful vocabulary but we don't encourage it here.
I heard that it is written on the bathroom walls if the stadium, again it's not something we can control here, I personally have never seen it but I'm not in the men's bathroom.
If you slip up let the filter do its job, usually the only time we do something is if the entire post is profanity.
Posted Image

#5 Ragin'Raven

Ragin'Raven

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,185 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 08:46 AM

In terms of watching a game on television and seeing a lot of foul language, the Ravens are pretty good at not showing it. I know Harbaugh's said the "f" word a time or two, but so have I. I don't make it a habit, and I'm sure he doesn't either. I've seen the players let an occasional word pass their lips, but in the heat of the game, you'd more or less expect it.

I'm a mama of three boys. Nothing scares or disgusts me anymore. 

#6 PuRock

PuRock

Skull Grinder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,203 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 01:42 PM

I curse like crazy (I wish I didn't). But that doesn't justify cursing in public places (including this message board). Because not all people listen to the same type of music, or have the same outlook on cursing as people who do.

Its more like common courtesy, not a double standard. Though I am not even sure common courtesy really even exists anymore. People pretty much do whatever they want with disregard of the people around them. Its sort of a shame.

/End (Old Guy Rant)
Posted Image

#7 K-Dog

K-Dog

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,642 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 08:46 PM

Some times my kid looks at this site with me.
She is 11 and I am well aware she has herd every word in the book and probably used some her self.

I have taught her that there is a time and place for every thing.
K-Dog

"Animals want to learn how to talk so they can hang out with me." Ray Lewis

#8 Moderator 2

Moderator 2

Hall of Famer

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,919 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 08:52 PM

My youngest is a huge Ravens fan and has been going to games since he was 5, preseason, I told him he would hear words that if I heard him repeat he would never go to a game again and the age limit on Steelers/Eagles was 14, and it has worked, He is now 17 and senior in high school and still goes to games lol.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users