Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BR News

[News] Ravens vs. Browns Preview: A Chance To End The Chatter

60 posts in this topic

Under Harbaugh, the Ravens have won four straight after the bye and never lost to the Browns.

[url=http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Ravens-vs-Browns-Preview--A-Chance-To-End-The-Chatter/ea95ed2c-f6b7-4863-add8-0d4fbd0b9d9a]View the full article[/url]

"J[u][i][b]ust because maybe we have done well in an area, that doesn't guarantee anything[/b][/i][/u], obviously," he said. "[u][i][b]Every game stands on its own.[/b][/i][/u] This one is going to be a tough battle."

just because the Ravens have never loss after a bye week or to the Browns under Harbaugh before means nothing! they never lost to the Texans before UNTIL two weeks ago. the browns always seem to play the Ravens tough and tomorrow will be no different in their house. the Ravens need to bring the noise....no excuses to be made! no excuses will be accepted!

~Mili

"Must win", Harbs? Yeah, right,... we usually own the Browns!

But I guaren-guard-dog-tee ya,... blow this one and you'd better throw Cam under the bus or you'll get what-for!

To subtle???

Never can sleep on any team but after beating the Browns at their house doesn't hold as much water as smashing a real good team. Nevertheless a win is a win, we had too much time to dwell on the lost to the #1 team in the AFC. The lost wasn't as big as it seemed just had too much time to set in.

This looks like a different Browns team.and that sounds to me healthy but same old Browns finally got that Raven bug and can not get rid of it, THEY WILL LOSE THIS ONE HOPEFULLY.

I hope we put together the puzzles to our offensive and defensive line those two areas are the key to our future in the super bowl apply more pressure to teams offense while defending our own if we cant im gonna hold harbs responsible 4 this 1 we had 2 weeks i hope and look foward to an offensive and defensive explosion this second half of the season pittsburgh is coming lets keep our distance

It's starting to feel like a set-up with all this talk of our record after bye weeks and against Cleveland. It doesn't really matter what we've done in the past after bye weeks (ask Andy Reid). Also this is a Cleveland team that took us to the wire in Week 4, and they've improved since. It's up to us to go in there and show not only Cleveland, but the rest of the NFL that we are as good as we are.

I say IF we lose this week AND have a weak offensive game, that Cam needs to go. CanCam!! Either way, Pierce them w/some Ground Rice and Road Grader. Don't allow Average Joe any more than 15-20 pass attempts.

Its not going to be ok if we lose tomorrow. I really don't know what to say about the way we are playing. I said it earlier and I'll say it again, I will not bail on this team I am A Raven for life, but come on and get this thing rollin.
Everyone thinks that oh Ray Lewis is out and he is important to this team in many ways, but we won 4 in a row without him last season. Just his presence alone is great. I say since he's not going to be on the feild then give him a crack at DC. He been a part of this defense for 16 years nobody knows this defense better than him, and I dont think he can do any worse than dean pees right now.
Something has got to change and now. Lets Go Ravens!!!!! Ball so Hard.

offensive line needs to wake up and open holes for the rb's and give flacco time. flacco you need to move around and make something out of nothing if the line breaks down and no one gets open, after 5 years you should have that mental clock by now and should know that after a few seconds you better roll out or side step to avoid the rush. get dickson leach pierce involved more. time to fix these road issues which date to last year with loses to the jags titans and seahawks. the steelers have a tough game against the giants and if they lose we have a chance to have a 2 game lead if we win. very critical game for us. go ravens!!!

4-3 defense w/Gnata getting double-teamed should leave Sizzle wide open to feast on qbs. Offensively, get back to the Leach-Rice show. No-huddle after the run game has been well-established. Go Ravens!!! :)

[quote name='EvilWayz' timestamp='1351965475' post='1208174']
Its not going to be ok if we lose tomorrow. I really don't know what to say about the way we are playing. I said it earlier and I'll say it again, I will not bail on this team I am A Raven for life, but come on and get this thing rollin.
[u][b]Everyone thinks that oh Ray Lewis is out and he is important to this team in many ways, but we won 4 in a row without him last season. [/b][/u]Just his presence alone is great. I say since he's not going to be on the feild then give him a crack at DC. He been a part of this defense for 16 years nobody knows this defense better than him, and I dont think he can do any worse than dean pees right now.
Something has got to change and now. Lets Go Ravens!!!!! Ball so Hard.
[/quote]

while i agree with what you said, i don't think that statement is usable now because while we did 4 games without Ray last season, we must remember that we had both J.J. and Redding on the roster and a healthy Webb.

~Mili

How come with all this talk about OL changes and different combinations, Bryant McKinnie's name wasn't mentioned? He played LT for 18 games last year at a Much higher level of play than we've seen in even 1 game this year. Inserting him at LT should be the FIRST thing tried given how pathetic our line play has been. What's the matter, Harbs? You still got him in your dog house? Stop hurting this team Harbaugh!

Man what has become of us? I feel more nervous with a game against the Browns - than I have ever been! That just tells me the inconsistencies have finally caught up with me and my confidence... I hope my Ravens change that soon and restore the swagger that was Ravens football!

We only 5-2 and lost to the current best team in the AFC. The bye week got the best of us after a lost. No playing and a lot of thinking.

Can we stop putting those stats down at the bottom? They don't matter. I've seen us with everything in the top ten lose to someone at the bottom. That's a bit of an exaggeration but I'm just saying. The players say "stats don't matter" so they don't matter. They give false hope or seeing these stats they kind of just make me feel like my team is lucky to be playing with a 5-2 record...which they are, but yeah you know.

after all said and done we are still 5-2.every year we hear the same old stuff about b-more but we will see them in the playoffs you can count on that.relax ravens nation we got this.

Why isn't Bryant MicKinnie in this conversation. He should be eligible to prove he can take that left tackle spot. IMO, he did great early in this season, and I have seen anything but that from Osemele and Oher. We need him on that line. C'mon Harbaugh do something that makes sense and get him in the Game!

The sacks are definitely coming because of the Offensive line play. There is also the opposing team's secondary that are closing in or closing down our receivers... We need to get the 2 tight end set back... and run Boldin up the middle with Jones and Smith on the outside... We need everybody back. Our tight ends have been on and off all season for sure.

The offense needs to light it up tomorrow.

Cant wait... tomorrow! Lets go ravens! own respect again!, Offense step up, Defense STEP UP, Coaches in general STEP UP, we all have our point of views of whats happenin' to this team, let it be ravens... let it be, I hope Mckinney as a Lt, Reid as a Lg rotating with harewood, C birk, RG yanda, and RT oher, that's it, CAM, run more, and pass with creativity and logic, let the same 3 players for every play until they're tired then u sub them with t.boss or another wr, that's how it works... END OF THE STORY , no excuses defense play like a raven Offense, respect the name, the team, the fans, AND RESPECT yourselves. C'MON MAN!

I hate it when we are so predictable in our offense. If it's pass, pass, pass...we all know the result, Cleveland will pick up on that. You have to mix it up so that they don't expect it to be pass, pass, pass...you know. Keep 'em guessing is all I'm sayin'. And if in doubt (what to do) RUN it!!!!!!

We need a decisive victory. The Browns are capable of a big game. We must get the defense going in this one. Weedon must be held in check. Stop the run.

Today's game should tell us a lot on what to expect, win or lose, for the rest of the year.The O must get much better in play calling and Joe must look off his receivers and not telegraph his reads. He's been around more than long enough to figure this out and if he wants to attain that coveted elite status it is a must.

It's no secret that our defense needs to play better,but the Browns defense is not a top ranked defense.So we will have a chance to impose our will on them with our weapons.That's if the o-line blocks we'll enough to give us a chance and the D play stout against the run and pass.RAVENS ALL DAY!

Baffles me that we are half way thru the season and still tweaking our O line. Unacceptable. This completely lies with the coaches. A super bowl contender should not have to be doing this this far into the season and with the same personnel we started with. Its nuts.

@The Mom Gene.....I blame Average Joe for at least half the sacks. No OL can hold of a rush w/a QB who stands in one place, doesn't look off his receivers, but telegraphs where he's going, is no threat to run, hardly ever pump fakes, has no pocket awareness to feel pressure and.......has Cam for his OC. Sure, the OL has to step up, but since most defenses know exactly whats coming and where statue Joe will be, they just come at him. A good QB w/a good OC can nuetralize ANY pass rush of ANY team.

What chatter can the ravens stop beating the Browns? They can end the chatter when they beat a real team that's winning, like the Giants or Broncos

@steelraven....everyone says we won't make the playoffs man, but we 5-2 ~ thats disrespectin right there.... if we win this game, everyone (media) will shut up, well maybe.

At the beginning of the season,I predicted Ravens will finish 14-3, win 2 playoff games and the Super Bowl and I can retire with my money I bet in Las Vegas on them, with the last half of the season coming up and the way the Ravens are playing now ( Thank You Cameron ) It's going to be a tough finish for sure,I've lost most of my confidence in their abilities to go out and win games ( Thank You Again Cam )I know the defense not what they use to be but no excuse for the offense not putting points on the board,that's what we worked all off season for. I know from Fans red flagging me for my negative comments about Joe Flacco and Cam Cameron sometimes but he needs to be able to go out and call his own games,the other QB's in the NFL making him look very elementary and beatable,he still plays like a rookie.If the Ravens win today's game then I'll celebrate with a Lobster dinner at the Inner Harbor on Monday and every game they win thereafter I'll do the same only the Lobster's gets bigger,Maybe I can start something superstitious

The Browns have lost some close games and fight until the end. I hope we score first and getting ahead by two two scores early would be very good. I hope our o-line plays well today and our defense can stop Richardson.

Go Ravens!

EvilWayz, your 12:57 PM post yesterday was on point! Must have been one of those "rose-colored lens" folks who minused you - I corrected that!

I also bleed purple till I die and I agree that it's a no-brainer that we don't want to see a loss!

Yet, losing to the Brown may send a message to wake the team up! Yes, Parcells did say that a team is who their record says they are but are we really sure with our guys wounded and Cam doing what he does?

A lose no way nullifies us from the pre-season but it would definitely force some hard decisions,.... and, that may be a good thing going forward!

We need to make a change put Grahm at corner and Smith at nickle. Grahm is a great back a doesn`t get time because of size. If Smith doesn`t perform give him a chance and you will see what I`m talking about. Need a smarter discipline player on the edge bottom line

Why do we fix things that aren't broken all the time? They stop giving the ball to Ray when it is going good, and another thing was with Harewood. From what i read when he was starting, he was doing a really good job and allowed 1 sack in the time he was playing. But instead we experiment with different people like Bobbie Williams which failed. This team never fails to disappoint me.

@Mystigo_Dragon

Absolutely nothing good comes from a loss, nothing. And as far as a message being sent and hard decisions being forced, come on man.

If losing to the Texans the way we did does'nt "wake up the team", nothing will.

The Ravens will do the best they can today and nothing less. Of course cam will throw a monkey wrench into things but we will prevail in spite of him.

Popeye got taken in Vegas. NFL teams can't go 14-3. As Biden would say, "Do the math"! Anyhow, I hope you cash out and retire, i.e. Ravens win the Super Bowl. Odds are probably even longer this week. Only chance is if our offense returns to Week 1 domination. Front 7 on D muster up some consistent QB pressure (and slow the run game), and Texans lose another key player or three. Oh, and Brady breaks his collar bone in week 16. If all those happen, we gotta shot. Otherwise, we're looking too weak. But on any given Sunday....