46 replies to this topic

#1 dhstandard

dhstandard

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,993 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 10:52 PM

Why has he not had a chance to play? When receivers can't even get separation one on one this guy could go out and surprise some people. Just have him run in circles until he gets open. He looked pretty good with Tyrod at QB.

#2 mhead66

mhead66

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,408 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 10:59 PM

Perhaps a good question, but remember - the coaches see these guys in practice every week... and if they were a better option than our current starters / #3, I'm sure they'd earn the playing time.

It's like the old football saying - the most popular guy for a struggling team is the backup QB... ;)

#3 BMORElegacy

BMORElegacy

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,739 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 11:02 PM

He's had an issue with his hands that goes back to when he played for Florida. Once he can consistently hold on to the ball he'll be seeing the field much more often.
"No weapon forged against us shall prosper. And every tongue which rises against us in judgment, we shall condemn."

#4 omar586

omar586

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,984 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 11:23 PM

they should give these speedsters couple of touches on offense, like Thompson and Laquan williams, they will be matched up with either a slow Safety or 3rd string CB, since we having trouble with separation u might is will give these guys a chance,

#5 The Raven

The Raven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,471 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 11:30 PM

He hasn't had a chance to play because he's not as good/reliable as the guys we have out there. Simple.

#6 Gordo52

Gordo52

52 G.O.A.T.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,466 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 11:35 PM

I'd like to use him in the redzone.
2dc45a6e-0473-4d16-b247-f9f9608f28d3_zps

#7 Ravenseconbeast

Ravenseconbeast

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,416 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 12:52 AM

When our passing offense goes 3& out so often, you really dont have much of a chance to give backups a chance, much less starters.

#8 D-Rey

D-Rey

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,691 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 02:06 AM

they should give these speedsters couple of touches on offense, like Thompson and Laquan williams, they will be matched up with either a slow Safety or 3rd string CB, since we having trouble with separation u might is will give these guys a chance,

Williams isn't a speedster lol. But Thompson isn't ready.

Love it....when a crazy starts talking jibberish, we're like vultures

#9 RBates

RBates

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,555 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 03:57 AM

I agree with the O.p. We have no life on offense. I'll say this; if Flacco struggles again like he did in Houston, i am completely off the (he's our guy thing). Give him all the weapons he needs, let him hand pick his playbook. Add Deonte or whatever receivers he wants.

No More Excuses!!!!!!!

#10 Radinho84

Radinho84

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,578 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 07:03 AM

Deonte needs to take advantage of his chances he gets. i remember last year when reed had those fumbles, everybody wanted him to be thrown out of the team. now denote fumbled on the kickoff return and nobody said anything about it.

i think it is because most of the guys in here including myself like deonte. He had a great camp and preseason. he is on the team for a reason. he will get his chances on offense. look how rarely doss sees the field on offense.

for now it is boldin, smith and jones as the first three. they are doing a good job so far. right now there is no need to throw someone in.

#11 HoldingCall

HoldingCall

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,155 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 08:09 AM

Donte did such a good job during preseason and the team used him in regular season games until he had the one fumble. He's been given zero chance to redeem himself. Just this week Harbs admitted the team needs to get more players involve so maybe, just maybe, we get to see him and others.

Second team players have unique skills that can catch an opposing team by surprise since there is little or no film on them to study.

#12 HoldingCall

HoldingCall

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,155 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 08:17 AM

When our passing offense goes 3& out so often, you really dont have much of a chance to give backups a chance, much less starters.

The hope is that going forward the 3 and outs will diminish and provide opportunity for more player involvement. Otherwise this thread is for nothing.

#13 HoldingCall

HoldingCall

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,155 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 08:34 AM

He hasn't had a chance to play because he's not as good/reliable as the guys we have out there. Simple.

Most believe Doss has proven himself but we rarely see him. It's hard to believe the Ravens or any team makes a habit of dressing players on game day that can't be trusted enough to play. I see this as a problem with flexibility more than reliability.

#14 Bazooka Joe

Bazooka Joe

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,181 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 10:35 AM

Yeah that's the reason. It's the reason why Antwan Barnes sat as well. It was because we had so many great passrushers playing ahead of him. Good thing we are doing so well at getting to the QB. Don't really need all of those sacks that Barnes is getting in SD.

#15 berad

berad

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,529 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 11:01 AM

Yeah that's the reason. It's the reason why Antwan Barnes sat as well. It was because we had so many great passrushers playing ahead of him. Good thing we are doing so well at getting to the QB. Don't really need all of those sacks that Barnes is getting in SD.

Yes, how will we replace Antwan Barnes' one sack and five tackles?
Posted Image

"Bring it. They want physical. They want to run against us. You know we'll be there."

#16 black blood purple passion

black blood purple passion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 858 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 11:03 AM

The OC for the saints must drool over our receiving core...or bang his head against the wall trying to understand how we don't put up 35 points/game.

#17 berad

berad

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,529 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 11:07 AM

The OC for the saints must drool over our receiving core...or bang his head against the wall trying to understand how we don't put up 35 points/game.

Who is he salivating over and how are they better than what he has? I'd say Torrey Smith is the only one who is better than what they currently have. I bet Cameron is drooling over the Saints OL
Posted Image

"Bring it. They want physical. They want to run against us. You know we'll be there."

#18 RavensAllTheWay

RavensAllTheWay

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,041 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 11:09 AM

Deonte has to improve in the mental aspect of the game. Talent alone doesn't get it done on the field.

#19 black blood purple passion

black blood purple passion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 858 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 11:30 AM

Who is he salivating over and how are they better than what he has? I'd say Torrey Smith is the only one who is better than what they currently have. I bet Cameron is drooling over the Saints OL

I just find the Saints manage to take in no name guys with physical tools and develop them into ballers.

Lance Moore - Undrafted
Devry Henderson - Round 2
Marques Colston - Round 7
Courtney Roby - Round 3

You could also throw in the Colts/Packers/Patriots...a majority of all their skill position guys are taken past round 3, and they make them into all stars. Mind you it helps and may be fairly coincidental that those 4 teams also have the 4 best QB's on them; however, if Flacco wants money like the big boys, he better start using the tools we've provided him.

#20 berad

berad

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,529 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 12:26 PM

I just find the Saints manage to take in no name guys with physical tools and develop them into ballers.

Lance Moore - Undrafted
Devry Henderson - Round 2
Marques Colston - Round 7
Courtney Roby - Round 3

You could also throw in the Colts/Packers/Patriots...a majority of all their skill position guys are taken past round 3, and they make them into all stars. Mind you it helps and may be fairly coincidental that those 4 teams also have the 4 best QB's on them; however, if Flacco wants money like the big boys, he better start using the tools we've provided him.

Who on the Patriots/Packers/Colts are you referring to, specifically? The majority of those guys were not taken past round 3. Also draft status does not always equate to talent in the pros.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users