Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BR News

[News] John Harbaugh: Injury Report No Longer Has Value

29 posts in this topic

The head coach understands he may get fined for his comments, but wants some questions answered.

[url=http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/John-Harbaugh-Injury-Report-No-Longer-Has-Value/02ecb2a0-e7f1-47ed-9557-fa209c97ab01]View the full article[/url]

Way to stand up Harbs. I never thought about HIPAA, or that players may actually want to keep their names off the list.

Makes sense when you think about how an opposing team could target a sensitive spot (COUGHsaintsCOUGH)

he's not about getting fined people, $20k is nothing for a franchise, but the principle of what the report should stand for is getting minimised to the extend it's got no more meaning

Usually when Harbs gets heated like this it's for a legit reason, and he does make an excellent point. I like the way he handled this situation.

I agree with what Harbs has to say. This is something that hopefully will be resolved by the competition committee in the offseason, if not sooner.

I will say that the HIPPA comment was funny, but it's a different situation entirely. But for the sake of making a football point using something else medical related, it worked.

It's not even about other players targeting already injured players, though I'm sure that's a factor. This "meaningless" $20,000 fine shows us what their strategy is.

The truth is that the league is covering their behinds from multimillion dollar lawsuits that may appear down the road. Reporting the injuries would prevent any former player from even thinking about accusing the league of medical negligence. Because if they didn't cover this "base", the lawsuits would put the NFL in a really bad light, even if ultimately there weren't any grounds for the accusations.

Agree or disagree, this is just another one of those enormous gray areas that (when considering the HIPAA rights) conflicts with itself.

And the eternal struggle continues.

Well from a players point of view, when you go to sign that next lucrative contract it doesn't look very good to outsiders if you have been on the injury report for the last 3 seasons. It would tick me off on that point and the fact I wouldn't want the entire world knowing whats going wrong with me.

Going 8 for 22 in passes of 20-plus yards causing Six 3-and-outs when Ray Rice was averaging 4.6 yards per carry in the First Half has no value!

[quote name='SinisterRaven' timestamp='1351895549' post='1207920']
cams play calling should be on the injury report ...lol
[/quote]
[quote name='ravne05' timestamp='1351896641' post='1207928']
sometimes I think that about Cam and Pees the play calling just has no value.
[/quote]

:rimshot:

~Mili

Please, please, please draw a fine for a hangnail reported. It would be so worth it.

People are picking Pees and Cam. Who knows ? I don't think so, Cam & Pees don't want win. We never know, it could be or could not be. I think there is trend in Baltimore, if you win, that is because of Joe Flacco. If your lose that is because of Cam's bad calls. If Joe thinks he is premium QB, he can't stop himself to make good call.

He's absolutely right. I know if I talked about somebody's hangnail in a bar, I'd lose my job.

I would die from laughter if I saw somebody on the injury report with a hangnail lol

Every team in the N.F.L. have done this before. the buck stops here against a coach of the Ravens. Another mark to find ways to make us the scape goat. I.M.O.

Harbs will prob get a fine for "using a nasty tone while dicussing the rules of the NFL" by Roger GODell. smh.

Goodell is an idiot... Where does all the money go? They say it goes to charity, but who actually follows the money? It wouldn't surprise me if that money somehow gets in the hands of Goodell and friends...

Harbaugh can say that again, I don't think tha there is one player in the NFL that is a startr and is truly perfactly okay and ready to go without a bruse.