Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BR News

[News] Byrne Identity: Suggs Talks About Depression And Journey Back

37 posts in this topic

Kevin Byrne details the Defensive Player of the Year's trying road to recovery.

[url=http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Byrne-Identity-Suggs-Talks-About-Depression-And-Journey-Back/9f90710d-1e79-41cd-a45d-d831214116c6]View the full article[/url]

All the talk is about Joe Haden being back for the Browns is huge...I fully believe the same goes for Suggs returning to us. The Texans double teamed Sizzle. With teams doing that again while having to divert attention to Ngata...Kruger/Upshaw/McPhee should "return" to form.

I am so happy that Sugg's is back! Our team needed a boost and Sizzle is a good one. Just be careful out there on the field 'cause you know the Brown's will be aiming to stop ya! I'm wearing my 55 jersey today and Sunday. (laundered of course!!)

[b][i]"Sometimes you don't realize what you mean to a team, to teammates, even to fans."[/i][/b]

^ Suggs, you mean a whole lot to this team. that should be evident with how the defense has struggled without you. and now without Ray and Lardarius? maaaan! i'm glad you realized that and that you have worked your way back and have recovered from your injury. bring the pain on Sunday and the rest of the season bruh.....bring the pain!

~Mili

Way to go Rice, that is a great way to salute a fallen brother and an even greater way to motivate a team that is trying to turn the corner on a season that has been tough. I applaud you, go out there and practice hard, and when you hear that distant scream when you are walking off the field in Cleveland it will be me all the way down here in Louisiana cheering for you all..

After reading this Kevin, I can't help but to wonder how Ray and LaDarius are handling their rehabilitation too. I know it must have been as devastating to them as it was for Sizzle. Sizzle, so glad you made it back healthy, take care of yourself, we need you! Ray and LaDarius all the best as you recooperate and know that the Ravens Nation is pulling for you. We can't wait till we see both of you back as well, we need you too!

Go Ravens!!!

You always write a great piece. I'm so much more pumped about Sunday now. I can't wait to see our Ravens of old and how they've made adjustments to stop the run.

Poor Weeden will get his first taste of Sizzle. Makes me smile.

I can not put to words how glad I am Sizzle is back. Him being out there for the defense will go a long way to getting things back on track, wait and see.

GO RAVENS!

Sizzle came back and never lost a step... I am very proud that he got through that injury and still ball hard even in a losing effort. I can see this can inspire the defense to do better things as they go forth with the bottom half of the season...

Yes! Love conquers all! Love and appreciate those around us..those who care about us. We love you Mr.Suggs #55..I love wearing your number at the Ravens games. Give the others some of your swagger so our defense can be in the top 5 again(goal to be #1).

Well written Kevin. You never dissapoint. Knowing what Sizzle went through just confirma what we all think about him, he is a relentless warrior on the field but a gentle giant off with a huge heart for his family, friends and fans. Love you Sizzle! And if they are reading big shouts our to L.Webb and R.Lewis! Your Raven nation Family appreciates the grind you are going through! Godspeed on your recovery!

Watch how Upshaw now comes into his own with Sizzle on the field mentoring him. This Cleveland game will be the one we look back on as the key game this season. I hope (and I'm sure) we'll look back on it positively.

This article has given me confidence that Sizzle has not been changed too much by his injury. I'm looking forward to Sunday. (But to be honest, I look forward to every Sunday, except for our bye week).

Love to have Sizzle back, not just as a player but as an entertainer. I think he will return to form soon, and i think that Kruger and Upshaw will really exccell now, teams will have to focus on Suggs, which leaves them on islands. Lets see what they can do.

The Browns aren't going to be an easy game, we need to play well or we will get beat. I'm ready for some Raven football, i hate bye weeks!!!

I believe the linebacking crew will be okay if we can get something out of one or two down lineman not named Nata. In fact the latter will determine our season. That and the same thing on the offensive line where Harbaugh may have to put aside his doghouse to get a win in Cleveland. What??? If McKinnie is one of our 5 best lineman, and he is, then play him.

Wow. I always look forward to your articles, Kevin. They help calm the nerves, and put things in perspective. You have my gratitude.

Great article Kevin. You have not only shown the sports side but the human side of injuries. Best of luck to you Suggs. We love you not only as a player but as a person. Go Ravens and show the douters what you are made of. The Browns are never a easy win for the Ravens but I want to see a good showing. Don't care what points are scored just WIN.

Yeah, Kemo is what he is and Cody needs to step up lol, somebody on the line does. When Mcphee gets back fully healthy i bet hell be solid and make some plays. But until then Jones and whoever is playing Nose and filling in for Ngata when he rests, they need to step up. Upshaw and Suggs will beast, upshaw should learn from Ray and get in better shape, and hell be a beast next year.

Suggs is a great player but more guys need to step up in order for the defense to be where it normally is and they just haven't did that yet

If teams now have to double team Suggs, that will unleash Upshaw..........fun to watch! Go Ravens!

Time to get back on the field and re-establish the momentum. I believe the leaders of this team will remind the younger guys how it is done. Let's beat Cleveland then return home to show the Raiders what we are all about.

It's a shame he didn't open about the circumstances surrounding his injury. He would have had reason to be depressed because the Ravens could have witheld his salary. Thankfully, the Raven supported him and he is back in action. We need him to regain his form if we are going to maintain the divisional lead espcially given the Steelers remaining (light) schedule.

Sizzle is a man, when we though it was a joke that suggs would play, he came back and he came back in class. He was only 5%... ...And still played better then every other Defender on the Field. GOOO SUGGS.

I think that the Energy that suggs is bringing to our practice is what we need to get our team back to playing like RAVENS!!!

This is excellent life story for everyone. It's an excellent example of perseverance for those who haven't gone through a life altering event and for those who have, it reminds us of the trials we've had to endure.
The story covered the emotional low and emotional high up to the recovery.

Suggs is quite the physical specimen but it was the mental side of him that needed to lead the way. As he stated, the supports around him really helped.