Untitled Document
Preseason Schedule      Official Mobile App      @Ravens on Twitter      on Instagram   

Photo

[News] Byrne Identity: Suggs Talks About Depression And Journey Back

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#1 BR News

BR News

Hall of Famer

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,266 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 12:38 PM

Kevin Byrne details the Defensive Player of the Year's trying road to recovery.

View the full article

#2 Purpleghost23

Purpleghost23

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 938 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 01:00 PM

Little Ray as linebacker that is something i got to see

#3 C.Gooche

C.Gooche

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 01:02 PM

All the talk is about Joe Haden being back for the Browns is huge...I fully believe the same goes for Suggs returning to us. The Texans double teamed Sizzle. With teams doing that again while having to divert attention to Ngata...Kruger/Upshaw/McPhee should "return" to form.

#4 ellicottraven

ellicottraven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,705 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 01:19 PM

Let's salute our big brother - Ray Lewis! Go Ravens!

#5 respecttheRaven

respecttheRaven

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 01:30 PM

I am so happy that Sugg's is back! Our team needed a boost and Sizzle is a good one. Just be careful out there on the field 'cause you know the Brown's will be aiming to stop ya! I'm wearing my 55 jersey today and Sunday. (laundered of course!!)

#6 Militant X 1

Militant X 1

"Raven Renegade757"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,524 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 01:41 PM

"Sometimes you don't realize what you mean to a team, to teammates, even to fans."

^ Suggs, you mean a whole lot to this team. that should be evident with how the defense has struggled without you. and now without Ray and Lardarius? maaaan! i'm glad you realized that and that you have worked your way back and have recovered from your injury. bring the pain on Sunday and the rest of the season bruh.....bring the pain!

~Mili

Edited by Militant X 1, 02 November 2012 - 01:42 PM.

#7 Keeper_85

Keeper_85

Practice Squad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 01:55 PM

Way to go Rice, that is a great way to salute a fallen brother and an even greater way to motivate a team that is trying to turn the corner on a season that has been tough. I applaud you, go out there and practice hard, and when you hear that distant scream when you are walking off the field in Cleveland it will be me all the way down here in Louisiana cheering for you all..

#8 Grapple Raven

Grapple Raven

MVP

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,415 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 01:56 PM

After reading this Kevin, I can't help but to wonder how Ray and LaDarius are handling their rehabilitation too. I know it must have been as devastating to them as it was for Sizzle. Sizzle, so glad you made it back healthy, take care of yourself, we need you! Ray and LaDarius all the best as you recooperate and know that the Ravens Nation is pulling for you. We can't wait till we see both of you back as well, we need you too!

Go Ravens!!!
Posted Image

#9 iluvpurple

iluvpurple

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 810 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 02:03 PM

Terrell, I'm just really glad you are back.

#10 Str8SicK

Str8SicK

Practice Squad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 02:08 PM

You always write a great piece. I'm so much more pumped about Sunday now. I can't wait to see our Ravens of old and how they've made adjustments to stop the run.

Poor Weeden will get his first taste of Sizzle. Makes me smile.

#11 ravenwildman

ravenwildman

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,704 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 02:16 PM

I can not put to words how glad I am Sizzle is back. Him being out there for the defense will go a long way to getting things back on track, wait and see.

GO RAVENS!

#12 hugostiglitz

hugostiglitz

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 02:16 PM

I wondered why Ray Lewis was wearing different jerseys in the A Football Life episode.

#13 fishagotit

fishagotit

Practice Squad

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 02:20 PM

Sizzle came back and never lost a step... I am very proud that he got through that injury and still ball hard even in a losing effort. I can see this can inspire the defense to do better things as they go forth with the bottom half of the season...

#14 ravensnestman1

ravensnestman1

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 02:23 PM

Yes! Love conquers all! Love and appreciate those around us..those who care about us. We love you Mr.Suggs #55..I love wearing your number at the Ravens games. Give the others some of your swagger so our defense can be in the top 5 again(goal to be #1).

#15 TorryGundy

TorryGundy

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 688 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 02:38 PM

Well written Kevin. You never dissapoint. Knowing what Sizzle went through just confirma what we all think about him, he is a relentless warrior on the field but a gentle giant off with a huge heart for his family, friends and fans. Love you Sizzle! And if they are reading big shouts our to L.Webb and R.Lewis! Your Raven nation Family appreciates the grind you are going through! Godspeed on your recovery!

#16 ryananth

ryananth

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 02:39 PM

Watch how Upshaw now comes into his own with Sizzle on the field mentoring him. This Cleveland game will be the one we look back on as the key game this season. I hope (and I'm sure) we'll look back on it positively.

#17 Mr. Nobody

Mr. Nobody

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,554 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 03:10 PM

couple of sacks for you sunday sizzle to cheer you up then

#18 mettro79

mettro79

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,207 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 03:50 PM

This article has given me confidence that Sizzle has not been changed too much by his injury. I'm looking forward to Sunday. (But to be honest, I look forward to every Sunday, except for our bye week).

#19 J.O.14

J.O.14

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,093 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 06:13 PM

Love to have Sizzle back, not just as a player but as an entertainer. I think he will return to form soon, and i think that Kruger and Upshaw will really exccell now, teams will have to focus on Suggs, which leaves them on islands. Lets see what they can do.

The Browns aren't going to be an easy game, we need to play well or we will get beat. I'm ready for some Raven football, i hate bye weeks!!!

#20 RavenNCali

RavenNCali

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 06:25 PM

I believe the linebacking crew will be okay if we can get something out of one or two down lineman not named Nata. In fact the latter will determine our season. That and the same thing on the offensive line where Harbaugh may have to put aside his doghouse to get a win in Cleveland. What??? If McKinnie is one of our 5 best lineman, and he is, then play him.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users