Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BR News

[News] Late For Work 11/2: Is Joe Flacco Audibling Out Of Ray Rice Run Plays?

64 posts in this topic

PHOTO: Uncharacteristic Flacco. Reid set to play LG Sunday. No trade for McKinnie. Picks.

[url=http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Late-For-Work-112-Is-Joe-Flacco-Audibling-Out-Of-Ray-Rice-Run-Plays/57eb6245-e9ce-4d91-8c96-9cceb34fbc8e]View the full article[/url]

Kudos to Flacco to changing if he needs to. He should take more of a leadership role on offense. Cam can't do it, so Flacco needs to step up.

i would take mike wallace in a second if we can fit him in our cap space without losing key players

Mike Wallace to Baltimore is intriguing, But we now need to focus on replenishing our defense with young blue chip caliber players IMO.

Haha !! That Flacco locker room pic is funny, Good to see the guys are still loose & having fun with it, Now let's go & beat these Browns . . .

Go Ravens !!

that's crazy talk. this reminds me of when T.O. said romo and witten conspired against him so that he didn't get the ball hahahahaha

Is it impossible for Flacco to throw for more than 250 yards while still giving Ray Rice about 17-20 carries and giving some to Vonta Leach also? If not, that doesn't seem like a bad plan.

I'd rather have Brown than Wallace any day. Wallace can only run in a straight line.

Even if Flacco is changing to a pass he is still learning. This is our first year with the no huddle. Peyton Manning didn't learn it over night. Have a little patience.

"Reckless" is EXACTLY what Joe is right now! How fitting!

Ha, "Wallace" would make ANY team better?
What about the Squeelers huh?
Get real, the man is done and we don;t need any more of those!
Fagitaboutit!

I think Reid at LG makes sense, we need to try something that works, Bobbie is HORRIBLE and i think if Reid doesnt work out, we should go back to Ramon..

We all love the hurry-up, the audibles, and the gun-slinging attitude of Flacco.

Flacco changing the plays ot pass is a very interesting dynamic. The writer seems to think he is not doing it to pad his stats but Flacco has a unique confidence that makes me think he does it becuase in his mind the pass is the best option. If that confidence is not coupled with a high enough football IQ the result is what it has been, stalled drives. Now I am a Flacco fan, you can read my prior posts if you dont believe me, but his decision making, especially on hot reads and complex zones is poor. He still can not figure out some things on D. So while a applaud his confidence and his ability to check out of situations, I think he may need to spend some more time with Cauldwell on what to check in and out to. Manning did it masterfully and that with a little more pocket presence and Flaccos ability to climb the ladder in the pocket are his only faults. Oh and picking up a hot read LOL.

Maybe it was just me but it also seemed like Rice was not on the field as much. Do you think old Cam could be trying to take the spot light off of him by his comments.

I thought the idea was to increase the odds of picking up a first down. If it works, great. If it doesn't, of course the decision will be questioned. But ultimately, the goal is to put up more yards, minutes, and points than the other team. If that comes by passing, then pass. Otherwise, run the ball...

This dude is just trying to start conterversy (its friday im misspelling a lot) if joe sees fitting that the pass will be more effective audible, and i also bet Joe audibles to the run also so dont start that crap

The simple (but not easy) solution to the Ravens problem is staying on the field beyond third down. If this team can convert on third down then there are longer drives, more time of possession, more plays run, more players involved on offense, more "touches" for the skilled guys... and most importantly, more rest for the weary defense on the bench. Cam Cameron find a way to call the best plays on third down, players catch and hold onto the ball beyond the first down marker. Ray Rice do what you do. Guys lets shut up and get it done.

hahaha that was a good one! the ravens would never go after wallace because they don't know how to make a big move to make the team better!!!

Viewers keep saying we never lost to the Browns. If the Ravens don't get their heads out of their behinds.. they will not come out of this game on Sunday with a win. Naturally I want the Ravens to win, but if they play like they did the last 2 weeks and the Browns play like they have been playing the last two weeksk...... should be an interesting game.

Mike Wallace??? unless he is willing to work for a McDonalds Salary, there isn't enough CAP room, besides, Ravens need to reserve all the CAP room they can for Defensive players...

I would love to see him in Purple, even if all it did was tick off Steelers fans twice a year, but it seems like a looooooong shot...

When Flacco calls audibles, he's calling them based off what he see's and then decides what would be the best option. I know for fact that Flacco has called an audible to run many times. Also, I'm glad to see that Jah is getting into the mix, but I don't see why we don't start him out at tackle. He is huge, and that is what he is meant to play. If we put him at tackle we could move KO to LG. But idk, I'm sure Harbaugh and the other coaches have tried every possible line up.

[quote name='TheRavengers' timestamp='1351866025' post='1207645']
Is it impossible for Flacco to throw for more than 250 yards while still giving Ray Rice about 17-20 carries and giving some to Vonta Leach also? If not, that doesn't seem like a bad plan.
[/quote]
This is balance. And your right its exactly what this team needs. Look at the game this year agianst New England...Joe Flacco had 382 yards and 3 tds, Rice had 20 carries for 101 yards and a TD and also had 49 receiving yards. Perect harmony, it keeps defenses guessing, allows us to use our all pro runningback, while still attacking with the no-huddle and pass attack, and helps reduce turnovers.

[quote name='ravens4lifeson' timestamp='1351868767' post='1207668']
hahaha that was a good one! the ravens would never go after wallace because they don't know how to make a big move to make the team better!!!
[/quote]

Yea you're right, Ozzie doesn't know what he is doing. (saracsm)

"Communication in a noisy environment"?! Really?! You guys are freakin vets, and you're on the road for HALF OF YOUR SCHEDULE, every year!!

Cut the crap, and get back to basics - your "bread and butter." Only then will your no-huddle experiment have consistent success.

Don't forget that you have the best offensive player in the league in Ray Rice!

Move the chains, move the chains and move the chains!!

Man I can't wait til Sunday it seems like it's been 2 months not weeks since we've played. My highlight for gameday will be watching Sizzle back on the field making plays.

[/quote]

Yeah you're right, Sharpe, Boldin, Housh, Evans, Jones, Pollard - they never make any moves to better the team...

Please do not resign Flacco and please resign Boldin.......Tough game this weekend, in the weather,on the road......lets see how many of you still love flacco after this weekend....C'mon Joe.....Quaterback up!

[/quote]

C'MonMaaaaaaaan!
WRs (with RBs) is the only position we don't have to worry about.....

LOL, looking at that photo of Flacco I guess he needs a "Gansta-rapper" name now

How about...Vanilla Rice? :D

GO RAVENS! Word restless Flacco!

We could have Mike Wallace, Larry Fitzgerald, Andre Johnson and Calvin Johnson and Cam wouldnt be able to figure out how to use them! He would run 4 reverses this season with Wallace. Let Fitz go deep on a long ball or two. Throw 1 fade into the endzone to Calvin and scratch his head about why he couldnt get Andre on the field.

At the end of season he would call them all a bust and a disappointment and we would let them all go and keep him! SMH!

The Ravens will need every bit of salary cap room to resign Flacco, Ed Reed & Cary Williams. If you are suggesting that they not resign Boldin and not resign one of those guys to sign Wallace then you don't understand Ravens football.

Maybe the reason Rice didn't get many carries against the Texans is because we were behind by a couple of TDs early? And to suggest that Flacco is changing plays to pad stats without any evidence or support to back it up is just IRRESPONSIBLE JOURNALISM.

Maybe Jason Butt is tabloid reporting this because he doesn't actually have a journalism degree or know how to fact check a story.

I think Oher, Reid, Birk, Yanda, KO is a massive O-line - tough for any team to handle.

[quote name='Bohica5' timestamp='1351873915' post='1207726']
Please do not resign Flacco and please resign Boldin.......Tough game this weekend, in the weather,on the road......lets see how many of you still love flacco after this weekend....C'mon Joe.....Quaterback up!
[/quote]

Boldin is under contract. So if they don't re-sign Flacco then who would you have as the Ravens starting QB? Tyrod Taylor? Michael Vick?

Please...

[quote name='TheConquerorWorm' timestamp='1351876640' post='1207746']

Boldin is under contract. So if they don't re-sign Flacco then who would you have as the Ravens starting QB? Tyrod Taylor? Michael Vick?

Please...
[/quote]

Its called franchise tag Flacco, and one of the veteran players won't be on the team nexts year....

I am just hoping that Flacco threw the ball as much as he did in the Texans' game was because we were playing from behind. The possibility that he is trying to pad his numbers by not letting Ray Rice run, is criminal if true, but I don't believe it for a second...

[quote name='Bohica5' timestamp='1351873915' post='1207726']
[/quote]

You're joking right?

thats because most fans would much rather see a pass happy team - they get more excited when they see awesome pass plays - even though we do better when we run the ball more than we pass - i guess its better to do alot more passes then we do runs but if you want to see the end of a disappointing season then you pass alot more - see what happened with the texans when they decided to pass the ball more - keep it up and see where you end at the end of the season

Just hypothetically...
What do you guys think, if we would go out and lose all of our remaining games (or at least 7-8 of those remaining), wouldn't make it to the playoffs and finished in the bottom half of the table and Flacco would play like a complete sack of garbage for the rest of the season? Who would be fired? Cam? Harbaugh? Pees? Or maybe Flacco? Or would it be another case of "let's make Cameron more comfortable and kick Caldwell out" like it was couple of years ago with Zorn?

As much as it pains me to say this, looking back at the past years, I don't think there is any chance of Cam getting the axe.

@Bohica5.....I agree about Flacco, but we're kind of stuck w/him now. I just hope we don't overpay him and strain our salary cap even more. He is not now and, in my opinion, never will be anything more than an Average Joe. We've overpaid quite a few of our players already and then we watch each year as some starters walk away for cap reasons. Look what happened w/Peyton Manning in Indy. He was making as much as half the team (Alot anyway) and that just means you have less to pay others. Flacco is only in about the top 10-12 QBs and hopefully, will be paid accordingly, but....somehow I doubt it. Just as an example, Ngata collected $37 mill last year. Chew on that for awhile.

I don't come to this page a lot because it has more nonsense and filler then usable info. This is a perfect example. If Joe is Audibling out of the run to pass, to often "THEN", it's been a disaster.

This is what coaches are for. If there is even a smidgen of truth (which I doubt) then you sit down with him and go through the whole game which lately isn't that much tape on the offensive side and clear his mind.

You guys wait until the wagon has 3 flat tires before you check the air. How about some real proactive coaching from this staff. You don't have to be a super coach to see the WR's not getting separation, not coming back for the ball and not even catching, catchable balls.

You don't need a degree from MIT to see the lousy tackling by the "D", guys out of position with that where am I look of confusion, the "O" line being run over and Joe with the away game panicked deer in the headlight look.

Then Pee's trying to do this we don't have the talent baloney. We may not have the talent to be a number one "D" at the moment but; we sure as heck have the talent to be number 11-12. And we certainly have the talent on the "O" to be 4-5.

The talent is not the problem. Coaching is the problem. We no longer have the deep, deep roster we used to have. Coaches can no longer let the talent carry them.

You guys need to stop talking and start doing...... players too...

To those who wonder why we have good starters walk away each year for cap reasons....how much are we going to overpay Average Joe Flacco next year?

http://articles.baltimoresun.com/2012-06-19/sports/bal-ravens-insider-haloti-ngata-forbes-highest-paid-athletes-20120619_1_haloti-ngata-forbes-list-athletes

[quote name='ellicottraven' timestamp='1351879747' post='1207768']
I am just hoping that Flacco threw the ball as much as he did in the Texans' game was because we were playing from behind. The possibility that he is trying to pad his numbers by not letting Ray Rice run, is criminal if true, but I don't believe it for a second...
[/quote]

I dont think Rice minds because he already got his payday so I'm guess he's likes "Flacco, do what you have to do in order for them to pay you top QB money" only problem with that is, it isn't working in away games.

I guess this is the perfect article for those who said hand the game over to Flacco, then the same ones say run Rice more.

[quote name='ibleedpurpleandblack' timestamp='1351872587' post='1207714']
Yeah you're right, Sharpe, Boldin, Housh, Evans, Jones, Pollard - they never make any moves to better the team...
[/quote]

Jones and Pollard never making any moves to better the team? Are you sure you meant those two players?

Would be kinda hard to believe - and defend that...

bio

PS: Which Jones did you mean, BTW? I was thinking about Jacoby.

[quote name='SmashMouth7' timestamp='1351884663' post='1207824']
I guess this is the perfect article for those who said hand the game over to Flacco, then the same ones say run Rice more.
[/quote]

Oh, they are the ones who wanted to keep all of the most expensive players on the roster, PLUS make the team sign a handful of likewise expensive players... Or demand rookies in the starting line they have never seen in NFL action...

Fan bases are always full of born coaches and GM's :)

bio