Photo

[News] Late For Work 11/2: Is Joe Flacco Audibling Out Of Ray Rice Run Plays?

• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#1 BR News

BR News

Hall of Famer

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,125 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 08:09 AM

PHOTO: Uncharacteristic Flacco. Reid set to play LG Sunday. No trade for McKinnie. Picks.

View the full article

#2 PurpleDoc

PurpleDoc

Practice Squad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 08:45 AM

Kudos to Flacco to changing if he needs to. He should take more of a leadership role on offense. Cam can't do it, so Flacco needs to step up.

#3 The Greek

The Greek

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,356 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 09:02 AM

i would take mike wallace in a second if we can fit him in our cap space without losing key players

#4 xXKingBmoreXx

xXKingBmoreXx

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 437 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 09:18 AM

Mike Wallace to Baltimore is intriguing, But we now need to focus on replenishing our defense with young blue chip caliber players IMO.

Haha !! That Flacco locker room pic is funny, Good to see the guys are still loose & having fun with it, Now let's go & beat these Browns . . .

Go Ravens !!

#5 1 + 1 = 2

1 + 1 = 2

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 09:18 AM

that's crazy talk. this reminds me of when T.O. said romo and witten conspired against him so that he didn't get the ball hahahahaha

#6 TheRavengers

TheRavengers

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,328 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 09:20 AM

Is it impossible for Flacco to throw for more than 250 yards while still giving Ray Rice about 17-20 carries and giving some to Vonta Leach also? If not, that doesn't seem like a bad plan.

#7 crabby

crabby

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 09:22 AM

I'd rather have Brown than Wallace any day. Wallace can only run in a straight line.

Even if Flacco is changing to a pass he is still learning. This is our first year with the no huddle. Peyton Manning didn't learn it over night. Have a little patience.

#8 KidNme

KidNme

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,934 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 09:32 AM

"Reckless" is EXACTLY what Joe is right now! How fitting!

Ha, "Wallace" would make ANY team better?
What about the Squeelers huh?
Get real, the man is done and we don;t need any more of those!
Fagitaboutit!

#9 CxM_27

CxM_27

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 600 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 09:32 AM

I think Reid at LG makes sense, we need to try something that works, Bobbie is HORRIBLE and i think if Reid doesnt work out, we should go back to Ramon..

#10 CapoRocky

CapoRocky

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,178 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 09:35 AM

We all love the hurry-up, the audibles, and the gun-slinging attitude of Flacco.

#11 TorryGundy

TorryGundy

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 802 posts

Flacco changing the plays ot pass is a very interesting dynamic. The writer seems to think he is not doing it to pad his stats but Flacco has a unique confidence that makes me think he does it becuase in his mind the pass is the best option. If that confidence is not coupled with a high enough football IQ the result is what it has been, stalled drives. Now I am a Flacco fan, you can read my prior posts if you dont believe me, but his decision making, especially on hot reads and complex zones is poor. He still can not figure out some things on D. So while a applaud his confidence and his ability to check out of situations, I think he may need to spend some more time with Cauldwell on what to check in and out to. Manning did it masterfully and that with a little more pocket presence and Flaccos ability to climb the ladder in the pocket are his only faults. Oh and picking up a hot read LOL.

#12 52RAV5

52RAV5

Practice Squad

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Maybe it was just me but it also seemed like Rice was not on the field as much. Do you think old Cam could be trying to take the spot light off of him by his comments.

#13 Purpleghost23

Purpleghost23

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 969 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 09:37 AM

oher on that pic is like...What that heck bro?

#14 Berkeley_Raven

Berkeley_Raven

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,174 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 09:39 AM

I thought the idea was to increase the odds of picking up a first down. If it works, great. If it doesn't, of course the decision will be questioned. But ultimately, the goal is to put up more yards, minutes, and points than the other team. If that comes by passing, then pass. Otherwise, run the ball...

#15 Legendary Ravens

Legendary Ravens

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 662 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 09:40 AM

No Negativity...Connect with the best part that is in you. Take one hard step towards the Superbowl each day. Go Ravens, NAMASTE.

#16 Ravensfan4life2010

Ravensfan4life2010

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 09:43 AM

This dude is just trying to start conterversy (its friday im misspelling a lot) if joe sees fitting that the pass will be more effective audible, and i also bet Joe audibles to the run also so dont start that crap

#17 roamingcharges

roamingcharges

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 371 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 09:50 AM

The simple (but not easy) solution to the Ravens problem is staying on the field beyond third down. If this team can convert on third down then there are longer drives, more time of possession, more plays run, more players involved on offense, more "touches" for the skilled guys... and most importantly, more rest for the weary defense on the bench. Cam Cameron find a way to call the best plays on third down, players catch and hold onto the ball beyond the first down marker. Ray Rice do what you do. Guys lets shut up and get it done.

#18 ravens4lifeson

ravens4lifeson

Practice Squad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 10:06 AM

hahaha that was a good one! the ravens would never go after wallace because they don't know how to make a big move to make the team better!!!

#19 wmarkel

wmarkel

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 10:06 AM

Viewers keep saying we never lost to the Browns. If the Ravens don't get their heads out of their behinds.. they will not come out of this game on Sunday with a win. Naturally I want the Ravens to win, but if they play like they did the last 2 weeks and the Browns play like they have been playing the last two weeksk...... should be an interesting game.

Edited by Moderator 3, 02 November 2012 - 10:09 AM.
profanity

#20 propjoe

propjoe

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 10:16 AM

Mike Wallace??? unless he is willing to work for a McDonalds Salary, there isn't enough CAP room, besides, Ravens need to reserve all the CAP room they can for Defensive players...

I would love to see him in Purple, even if all it did was tick off Steelers fans twice a year, but it seems like a looooooong shot...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users