Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BR News

[News] Late For Work 10/31: King: Cardinals Interested In Bryant McKinnie

68 posts in this topic

Three ways Browns looking better. Power rankings. If Harbs wanted to be a smart aleck …

[url=http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Late-For-Work-1031-King-Cardinals-Interested-In-Bryant-McKinnie/4dbf5fd2-49d6-4c98-af3b-8228feac2e8a]View the full article[/url]

what could we realistically get for a 33 year old tackle who has weight and character issues? I can't imagine we bring him back next year but I think the value of having insurance for injury on O-line will is a better value than getting a late round pick. I would be shocked if arizona would give anything more than a 6th round for him.

i would bring gorrer back in a second. keep mckinnie unless arizona is willing to give us a 4th rnder or better.

Let the Card's keep looking! The Ravens need Big Mac's fresh legs later in the season, short yardage and goal line situations! NOPE! "I got some Ocean Side property in Vegas" if they are interested in that! LOL!

I heard that the Cardinals are offering a bag of doritos, a six pack of Coors, a slightly used stripper pole, and two passes to the Chicken farm in Nevada for him......but that is just a rumor

:D

I would definitley bring back Gorrer! With our lack of pass rush we need all the help we can get at corner. As far as McKinnie goes... I would keep him unles Arizona offers Ozzie something crazy he cant say no to.

Mckinnie isnt good at Run blocking which is when he is brought in.. I think we need to move on. And who didn't love more draft picks? & plus that's a roster spit where we could bring up Hamilton or sign gorrer

What I AM GOING TO DO IS LET THE COACHES COACH AND i will watch and see what happens after one game at a time That is what we all should do 5-2 may look ugly to you but to me it looks real good from where I am sitting. Ask the Squeelers/

He was just coming in to his own, just starting to show his potential, plus he knows the system, I say get Gorrer back,imho.

this can go either way... now since there really in need of a good vet like McKinnie we might can get a steal at a 3rd round pick and sign gorrer back because he was good. but the bad thing is if we do let him go and one of our guys go down then it can probably hurt us in the long run... these are hard decisions to make. I just don't know how this one will go but trust in ozzie.

I'd say keep McKinney if all we're getting is a 6th or 7th rounder. The reason I say this is because we should be getting at least two high picks (two compensatory 4th & 5th rounders maybe a 3rd if possible) for losing JJ ,Grubbs, Redding, Zibby and Haruki. I'd rather keep McKinney as insurance but a 5th rounder would be tempting. Looks like we'll be gettting a lot of draft picks next season!

the Injury list in hockey is bette. example; lower body injury??? haha. i would put all 53 men on every week. tell them to pack sand.

I like the stop the run even if it means abandoning the pass defense idea. Especially w/this upcoming game. Pound them sore ribs Richardson has. Let's finish the 1st half of our season strong. Go Ravens!!! :)

[quote name='tick101' timestamp='1351694878' post='1206592']
this can go either way... now since there really in need of a good vet like McKinnie we might can get a steal at a 3rd round pick and sign gorrer back because he was good. but the bad thing is if we do let him go and one of our guys go down then it can probably hurt us in the long run... these are hard decisions to make. I just don't know how this one will go but trust in ozzie.
[/quote]Yes!!! Ozzie has NEVER failed, yet. They try to point fingers and say this one's a bust, that one's a bust. But, to date, we have yet to have a bust. Just do you Wiz!!! :)

Letting go of McKinnie depends on two things
1. WHat the CARDS have to offer.... IDK... if they could give us fair trade value??
2. WHat we really think of JAH RIED and his ability. if he is as solid as we are hoping...this could make McKinnie and his problems expendable... but If we are nto that confident in JAH.... we cant afford to let McKinnie go even if the deal is right!

We need Mckinnie for depth unless they give us a 2nd or 3rd he will stay. I think the oline should be.......Oher KO Birk Yanda Reid.

What would the Cardinals have to offer that we could use right now? It's better for the Ravens if McKinnie sticks around, KO had one injury scare already.

“The Ravens are coming off a bye and will face the Browns and Raiders over the next two weeks. Isn't that like having three bye weeks in a row?”

Hey Brian... do you have some worms inside that brain??
Does really each of your comment on our team need to be so much pejorative??
Plus..you are a sport journalist...a football journalist..aren't you? So you should know that every sunday it's a fight and you can never be sure of a win 'till the clock hasn'r run out.. my dog could be a much better journalist than you..if i just had a dog...smh
I'm wondering why you haven't been fired by the NFL yet

Bring Danny back. Trade McKinnie for a late round pick. And see if Jah can give us something this year. They better beat Cleveland is all I have say.

[quote name='1 + 1 = 2' timestamp='1351690768' post='1206570']
what could we realistically get for a 33 year old tackle who has weight and character issues? I can't imagine we bring him back next year but I think the value of having insurance for injury on O-line will is a better value than getting a late round pick. I would be shocked if arizona would give anything more than a 6th round for him.
[/quote] Maybe "good" relationships with strip club owners...?

ha, i mentioned in yesterday's late for work that the cardinals were in desperate need of a left tackle. wouldn't be a bad trade if we could get some help on the D-line.

Unless they keep McKinnie simply for the depth reasons; why not trade him? At least get something out of someone you NEVER use. It seems that keeping him around is a waste of space. (Although I still think Harbs should've been using him as the starting LT...IMO)

Wow, Gorrer would be an upgrade to our current CB sorps IMHO - and this way we wouldn't even have to sacrifice draft picks for him... I hope he already has his - one way - plane ticket to Baltimore.

bio

[quote name='Bernie Mc1953' timestamp='1351694724' post='1206588']
What I AM GOING TO DO IS LET THE COACHES COACH AND i will watch and see what happens after one game at a time That is what we all should do 5-2 may look ugly to you but to me it looks real good from where I am sitting. Ask the Squeelers/
[/quote]

I wish more fans would think like you do.

bio

[quote name='ibleedpurpleandblack' timestamp='1351698651' post='1206633']
Sure, you can have McKinnie and ummmm give us Fitzgerald!!!!!
[/quote]

Why does so many fans want to get WR's when this is about the only (non-QB) position we already have the guys for?

bio

[quote name='MissRay27' timestamp='1351698053' post='1206627']
Bring Danny back. Trade McKinnie for a late round pick. And see if Jah can give us something this year. They better beat Cleveland is all I have say.
[/quote]

I wouldn't take anything less than a 3rd - or an early 4th - round pick for Mckinnie.

bio

[quote name='bioLarzen' timestamp='1351698826' post='1206636']
Why does so many fans want to get WR's when this is about the only (non-QB) position we already have the guys for?

bio
[/quote]

Cause I would much rather have Fitz as our #3 than our current line up...not that I'm nieve enough to really think that is equal trade I was just being a smartbutt ;)

[quote name='bioLarzen' timestamp='1351698607' post='1206632']
Wow, Gorrer would be an upgrade to our current CB sorps IMHO - and this way we wouldn't even have to sacrifice draft picks for him... I hope he already has his - one way - plane ticket to Baltimore.

bio
[/quote]

I agree, we need him back even if only for depth, Williams' or Smith go down we will really be screwed in the secondary...

WOuldnt mind having Groer back but I feel like Chykie hs come a long way and can produce. I really feel like Groer would be behind Chykie right now on the depth chart and the depth he would provide would be comforting but can give up too much to get some insurance!

I think we should trade McKinnon for Darnell docket. We'd prob have to throw in a late round pick like a 5 or 6 too but I think it would be worth it

ummm, Peterson? who else they got in their secondary we could use?
I guess a girl can dream.
Seriously, I think Sizzle should get the final say on McKinnie - and anybody else - as to whether he's got the heart and soul to play like a Raven. If not - outta here!

Is there any way to start a petition on here to bring Danny back? I thought he was a great #3 or #4 corner and with Webb gone we could certainly use him in the rotation - heck give him a shot to unseat Smith or Williams if they keep struggling.

As for McKinnie, love him or hate him, the Ravens would be taking a HUGE risk of they dumped him now.

Brian Billick, Foxsports.com: No. 7, moved down one spot (to 49ers)
" The Ravens are coming off a bye and will face the Browns and Raiders over the next two weeks. Isn't that like having three bye weeks in a row? "

Seriously Billick?? Of all people I would think that former head coach would have more class and sense then this. But maybe that is why he is a former head coach!

[quote name='ibleedpurpleandblack' timestamp='1351698651' post='1206633']
Sure, you can have McKinnie and ummmm give us Fitzgerald!!!!!
[/quote]

haha.. I could only imagine that conversation... they probably would be so offended they curse someone out and hang up the phone.

I was disappointed when we let Gorrer go......get him back. PLEASE!!!!!! I agree with @GrappleRaven, he was just coming into his own. I remember seeing him all over the field and active on a lot of play's. I know that C. William's has gotten a few interception's, and may have won a game for us, but he still get's burned when QB's throw his way, which is a lot.

Ireally dont know how much the CARDS would give up for McKInnie...
they right now have... (R) Bobbie Massie adn D'Anthony Batiste startng
they have (R) Nate Potter out of Bosie (who the like)

and next season they get back Levi Brown off of IR (ProBowler) and veteran Jeremy Bridges back off of IR.

IDK they seem pretty loaded at T to give up a foutune for a stop gap player. McKinnie would be they best they have right now but at the end of the season what would they do with him... The get Levi Brown back the have Massie (R) who is their projected starter for years to come...

They are not going to mortgage the future for 8 games!
We better look elsewhere if thats the move we want!

If we would make a trade for McKinnie... would love to trade for Calias Campbell (DE) or Darnell Dockett (DT) really dont feel like either is a fair trade and we would come out way on the postive side but if we are making Christmas lists;;;; here we go!

McKinnie and a 3rd or 4th round pick for Tamba Halli is the rumor.... CHiefs drafted Donald Stephenson T out of Okla and are just not happy with his progress. Starting T Brendan Albert is too inconsistent and they feel like they have offensive weapons but need to sure up the OL> McKinnie could provide that type of stability...

Halli is a top notch player but the great play of Justin Houston and Halli's injuries have made Halli a possible candidate to offer up.

THe Ravens win with an proven pass rusher opposite Suggs who can play the DE or the OLB postiion

and the CHiefs win bc they get the LT they need to allow Cassell (and co.) time to deploy the weapons they have accumulated. plus they get a conditional draft pick who the Ravens feel is expendable bc of the supplemental picks that they will receive this season!

Mike Jenkins also interesting bc Morris Claiborne is playing so well forthe Cowboys- Plus Jenkins injuries and his contract is up next season... Cwboys could use cKinnie's Services -but are not even asking for a McKinnie... they are asking for a 4th round pick who again the Ravens may roll the dice on bc ofthe supplemental picks they will be receiving this season. Jenkins may not be a bad deal????

Why is everybody so hyped over Gorrer??? He had one, yes, ONE pass deflection against Holmes and now everyone thinks he can be a starter. He has been cut by the Saints, Rams, Ravens, and now the Seahawks. What does that tell you? It would be nice to re-sign him but I don't see him beating Williams or Smith...... or even Corey Graham or Chykie Brown.

Gorrer had 4 pass deflection's with the Raven's last year. I do not know who they were against, but that is was his stat's were for last year. Just saying. I like him, and would at least like to get him back.

I don't know about this one. I know our personel department must be going crazy. What if Michael Oher or Kelechi Osemele don't work out? Who do we have then? What I'm saying is what if they get hurt? All we have is a fourth or second round pick in next years draft and some cap space and no one to replace the hurt O-Line. I don't know what I'd prefer as a personel department guy. If we can get some one to bolster our defense, someone real solid then I'd do it. As long as it was someone strong enough to either get pressure on the quaterback and stop the run or if it was a good cornerback. Jimmy Smith and Cary Williams aren't flying with me the past couple of games. I feel like it would have been real smart for Cary Williams to take the 15 million this offseason lol

[quote name='ravenwildman' timestamp='1351692703' post='1206576']
I heard that the Cardinals are offering a bag of doritos, a six pack of Coors, a slightly used stripper pole, and two passes to the Chicken farm in Nevada for him......but that is just a rumor

:D
[/quote] ...and $375,000