50 replies to this topic

#1 BR News

BR News

Hall of Famer

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,380 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 09:48 AM

John Harbaugh said he’s excited by the conversations and judgments made during the bye.

View the full article

#2 BKeyser

BKeyser

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 10:09 AM

No question there are across the board problems. But it all starts with coaching and every week we look out-coached. Not sure how you fix that...

#3 ravenwildman

ravenwildman

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,906 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 10:11 AM

Players have suggested that momentum is a large factor in the road woes....

First off momentum is made, not experienced. It's only in the head. Go out every play just like it was the game winning play and momentum (whatever that is for each individual) will come.

Also...there is NO SUCH THING as a road game when you are a Raven! Every single second of every game, millions of screaming purple faces, losing our minds, are with you where ever you go! Remember that always, and every game is a home game!

Let's go guys! GO RAVENS!

#4 ibleedpurpleandblack

ibleedpurpleandblack

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,647 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 10:18 AM

"The Ravens have frequently relied more on Ray RicePosted Image and their run game down the stretch"

Well that's good cause he should be fresh and ready to go cause we haven't used him so far this season....Run Rice Run!!!!
The man who tries and fails is far more superior than the man who does not try at all...

#5 cobrajet

cobrajet

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,623 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 10:21 AM

Ok let's see, because we need serious improvement to stop things from going backwards.

#6 Mystigo_Dragon

Mystigo_Dragon

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,129 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 10:28 AM

The most glaring problem is our Offense has no systematic approach toward attacking the opposing defenses! By the second series, onward, we're throwing low-percentage deep passes! Then, the 3-and-outs begin,....

The young defensive players are not "setting the edges" to force the run back into our pursuit! Suggs will change this on one end, but,....

"We have gotten better every single year in the second half of the season since we've been here," Harbaugh said. "That's been something that has been a strength for the Ravens. I expect it to be a strength for us going forward." - Harbaugh!

Not this year, Coach,... our Defense is not as good and our Offense is anemic because of the love of sexy pass plays instead of fundamental football - taking what the defense gives and stopping the run!

#7 iluvpurple

iluvpurple

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 848 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 10:32 AM

How about the offense staying on the field the MAJORITY of the time, giving Ray Rice the ball way more often, and using the no-huddle when able to do so, not as a last resort.

#8 Berkeley_Raven

Berkeley_Raven

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,174 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 10:32 AM

Both of our lines need to improve. Our offense should be able to run the ball down the opponent's throat, and keep Flacco from running for his life or checking down. And our defense should be able to shove the ball back down the opponent's throat and make their QB run for his life. Once the lines dictate what is going to happen, the rest will follow...

#9 jowend

jowend

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 10:37 AM

Problem with our offence is it is no secret what we are going to do. Everybody on every team knows

#10 NaveSenrag

NaveSenrag

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,212 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 10:39 AM

Ha. So our run defense is giving up 14.9 yards per game?

#11 jowend

jowend

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 10:40 AM

The reason nobody gets open is they are able to predict the routes. nobody getting any separation. We need a better play caller

#12 ibleedpurpleandblack

ibleedpurpleandblack

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,647 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 10:41 AM

Mystigo, while I somewhat agree with your assessment of the "young players" and setting the edge, I have to say Kruger actually has done pretty well, the reason why it seems as if the edge isn't getting set is cause they break off big runs is cause when they are forced backed to the inside no one is there cause the O-line is making it to the 2nd level and our backers are blocked leaving our safety's to make the stop and what they are doing is just trying to pop ppl and not wrapping up...

#13 metalraven

metalraven

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,616 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 10:43 AM

Of course he expects a "better second half." What's he gonna say: "I expect things to stay the same come the second of the season."

I'm tired of coach talk. Just get out there and play Raven football!!

#14 RavenManiac#7

RavenManiac#7

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,207 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 10:44 AM

Harbaugh, you're either part of the problem or part of the solution. If McKinnie is not at LT and Oher at RT in Cleveland, you're part of the problem. This has become a no-brainer. Cam needs to go. That's a no-brainer. Other than that you need to admit to yourself that we no longer have the personnel that we had in past years. These players, especially with recent injuries, are not as good as players we had in the past. That is why you cannot, realistically, assume that we will close out the season like we have in the past. Wake up and smell the coffee.

#15 Boondock1957

Boondock1957

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 11:02 AM

Since there is no one problem with the D or O, I don't see a trade coming. Also, I see a lot of criticism of Cam on the blog. Maybe he deserves it maybe not but there is not going to be any changes this year and the really good OC's get head coaching jobs. If Cam if fired, who is out there?

#16 DarkKnight52

DarkKnight52

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 246 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 11:23 AM

Reason they cant find only one issue is because its the staff ,i have seen this before and it was corrected its cam cameron and its Pees and maybe Harbaugh ,its clearly our scouting as well considering we have not had great drafts we swung and missed on Burflict who absolutely reminds me of a young Bart scott and i said that way before that draft ,we messed up when we knew Ray lewis was hard to replace ,so we Sit and wait to take Hightower and Ne beat us to that ,Hightower is no Ray lewis ,but he certainly will be a good LB when Ray retires and could have been one of those faces of the new ravens Cromartie another guy i really wanted we passed on him also meaning Cary williams prob isnt even on the team right now and im def ok with that lol ,but the only ones to Fault is management and personal not the players ,as Ray says every player has a strength some have more then others you have to utilize those strengths and neither Cam or Pees is and Harbaugh is sitting on his hands watching puzzled.

#17 stixfix69

stixfix69

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,544 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 11:38 AM

Forget next man up.....time for the players to just man up.....

#18 Purple Dawg 96

Purple Dawg 96

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,995 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 11:42 AM

Hey Coach, I feel the same way and those of whom feel different can paint me up again, it dont bother me anyway! Some people just want too much too soon! Marshal Yanda said it best "Embrace the Grind"! They are tweaking the Offense, Winning and in first place of the division with the chance to create some space! That texan game mite have done the Ravens some good! They got knocked down and they are gonna get up and kick some Butt! My Squad is "Relentless"!

#19 jdavis1997

jdavis1997

Practice Squad

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 12:01 PM

I think everyone can agree more running the ball is needed, but this is especially the case on the road. But we need to maintain some balance and still have the deep balls to lossen up for the run. Balance is the key, a balanced offense will keep the other deffenses off-balance which is what you want. As for the Defense need to get off the field on 3rd down, 3rd down conversions are killing and lengthening drives and disparity in time of possession.

#20 NCMan

NCMan

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,220 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 12:02 PM

Blah blah blah Harbaugh. Yada yada or whatever. We shall see starting this week. As for me, love my Ravens, but I see tough times ahead. Also, I don't think we make the playoffs this year and then Harbaugh will be talking of rebuilding through the draft, which we have not done well in the last few years. As I said, we shall see. I'm not buying into it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users