Upcoming Events:  Lil Ravens Camp      Training Camp Stadium Practices      Movie Night   

Photo

The Texas Curse?

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 ellicottraven

ellicottraven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,201 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 09:01 PM

I am not a terribly superstitious guy, but, a few minutes back I got to thinking.... the last 2 games we played 2 teams from Texas, Dallas and Houston. Since our franchise's birth, we haven't ever lost to either team. Coming into to those two games, we hadn't had a single injury of note since the season began. Then, suddenly - we lost 2 superstars on defense Ray Lewis and Webb in the Dallas game, not to mention Ngata with a sprained MCL. In the next game we had K.O, Ngata re aggravating his injury, Ed Reed hobbled and several other small health issues. So we went from being fairly healthy to suddenly being very depleted on defense in just 2 games? Is this a curse from the Gods overseeing the well-being of Texas?? What the heck?? We barely beat Dallas but lost two starters. Then, we got hammered by Houston who hurt our pride more than anything else.... What's going on??? One team beat down on us physically and another emotionally leaving us physically and emotionally helpless.

Call me silly for being superstitious, but come on now, don't you think it is worthy of discussion?
Baltimore Ravens - classiest organization in all of organized sport!

#2 Bltravens

Bltravens

Livin In An Igloo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,691 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 09:05 PM

No. If that was the case Dallas has a Baltimore curse, seeing as how they've never beaten us.

Not to be blunt, but a curse is something for the weak minded to believe in when something goes wrong.

#3 SpiderWebb21

SpiderWebb21

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 588 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 09:15 PM

Not at all a "curse." Houston is better than Dallas. Our defense was suspect going into Dallas and it showed. Had our offense showed up against Houston, it would have been closer. Injury prone, Houston came in hungry, they won. Dallas tends to choke, anyway.

#4 display name

display name

Gotham's Reckoning

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,925 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 09:30 PM

I am not a terribly superstitious guy, but, a few minutes back I got to thinking.... the last 2 games we played 2 teams from Texas, Dallas and Houston. Since our franchise's birth, we haven't ever lost to either team. Coming into to those two games, we hadn't had a single injury of note since the season began. Then, suddenly - we lost 2 superstars on defense Ray Lewis and Webb in the Dallas game, not to mention Ngata with a sprained MCL. In the next game we had K.O, Ngata re aggravating his injury, Ed Reed hobbled and several other small health issues. So we went from being fairly healthy to suddenly being very depleted on defense in just 2 games? Is this a curse from the Gods overseeing the well-being of Texas?? What the heck?? We barely beat Dallas but lost two starters. Then, we got hammered by Houston who hurt our pride more than anything else.... What's going on??? One team beat down on us physically and another emotionally leaving us physically and emotionally helpless.

Call me silly for being superstitious, but come on now, don't you think it is worthy of discussion?

No.

The Raven, on 03 Jan 2012-624 PM, said:

"You have reached your quota of negative votes for the day"

VIVA LA BUTT-FUMBLE!!!

Malkavian Raven, on 4 June 2014, said: "Display's off his meds again. Alert the white coats with the butterfly nets."

#5 ellicottraven

ellicottraven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,201 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 09:44 PM

No.

Brutal! ;)

#6 Militant X 1

Militant X 1

"Raven Renegade757"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,746 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 10:18 PM

wow! you really have too much time on your hands. we need a Ravens game to watch on television quick, fast and in a hurry.

~Mili

Militant X 1

RayLewisSig1_zps3a0863e0.png

"I May be Done but I'm not Gone!"

- Ray Lewis

#7 jaege

jaege

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,212 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 10:27 PM

No.

And you're silly.
It's so nice to be insane...

CAM GOT FIRED!!!!!

Joe Cool is the MAN!!!

Ravens

World Champions

#8 K-Dog

K-Dog

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,853 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 10:28 PM

Some who plays for the Ravens didnt "like" or "share" something on facebook and got cursed that way.
K-Dog

"Animals want to learn how to talk so they can hang out with me." Ray Lewis

#9 SpiderWebb21

SpiderWebb21

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 588 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 12:05 AM

wow! you really have too much time on your hands. we need a Ravens game to watch on television quick, fast and in a hurry.

~Mili

It really makes you think that way when posts like these pop up. Haha.

#10 ThePurpleWall

ThePurpleWall

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 12:20 AM

id rather see a fire Cam thread,then this one.
Ray Lewis"in any war who pulls their General out?,Nobody,when ever i put on that Jersey,ever man in this building believes in one thing,whatever our General says we Follow bottom Line"

Ray Lewis is the Leader of this Franchise.

#11 arnie_uk

arnie_uk

Like a Boss!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,082 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 08:57 AM

My head hurts

#12 PurpleCityLights

PurpleCityLights

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 986 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 09:02 AM

No. If that was the case Dallas has a Baltimore curse, seeing as how they've never beaten us.

Not to be blunt, but a curse is something for the weak minded to believe in when something goes wrong.

^^^^ This.

#13 AsianRice

AsianRice

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,229 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 10:15 AM

lol...it's hurt cuz it's the truth.....
2013 WORLD CHAMPION

#14 rlh445

rlh445

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,828 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 12:27 PM

Isn't a curse something that continuously happens under a stringent set of circumstances over a long period of time? Like the Madden Curse? Or the Curse of the Bambino? I'd say it was more the fact that we had back to back games against good teams and injuries mounted up over that time. It's pretty normal in today's NFL. Maybe if it happens again next year?

This is football, not teacups with the Queen.

#15 ellicottraven

ellicottraven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,201 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 03:30 PM

~Mili

Well, honestly for my Ravens I do have a lot of time on my hands. However, I concede that you have twice the amount of time on yours considering the amount of posts credited to you! lol

#16 Tank 92

Tank 92

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,010 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 03:31 PM

?

Dragonfly...... a TD waitin' to happen!

#17 Hjulmann

Hjulmann

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 03:37 PM

:standcorner:
Posted Image
"It's all for Ray Lewis" - Ray Rice

#18 Militant X 1

Militant X 1

"Raven Renegade757"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,746 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 04:18 PM

Well, honestly for my Ravens I do have a lot of time on my hands. However, I concede that you have twice the amount of time on yours considering the amount of posts credited to you! lol

i like your effort here to bring up my post count to try and deflect attention away from your crazy imagination about texas curses. lol! :notwork:

~Mili

Militant X 1

RayLewisSig1_zps3a0863e0.png

"I May be Done but I'm not Gone!"

- Ray Lewis

#19 Dfence4champs2052

Dfence4champs2052

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,253 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 06:31 PM

LOL, I'd lend more credit to Ray being on the Madden 2012 intro than a Texas curse.
<p>Posted Image
SIG COURTESY OF BALTIMOREFLACCO!

IT IS A CRIME RAY LEWIS HAS NOT BEEN BACK TO THE SUPERBOWL!!!

#20 The Raven

The Raven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,420 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 06:35 PM

LOL, I'd lend more credit to Ray being on the Madden 2012 intro than a Texas curse.

Oh God, I had never thought of that. The Madden curse is real.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users