Ravens at Saints      Pro Bowl Ballot      Game Rewind   

Photo

Merged: Cleveland Browns Thread

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
103 replies to this topic

#1 Florida Ravens Fan

Florida Ravens Fan

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,890 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 08:58 AM

Yesss I know it's two weeks away, but im ready to move on to the next game. I'm really worried about this game the Browns are better then their record indicates, and I don't feel were as good as ours. Anyone would like to post our record after the bye??
Posted Image

#2 RavensAllTheWay

RavensAllTheWay

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,087 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 09:00 AM

We should win. Don't get me wrong, this has trap game written all over it, but we'll be coming off of a bye week, and we'll likely be frustrated as hell. I'm confident about it.

#3 Ed_Reed20

Ed_Reed20

Crenshaw Pete

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,751 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 09:05 AM

We should win. Don't get me wrong, this has trap game written all over it, but we'll be coming off of a bye week, and we'll likely be frustrated as hell. I'm confident about it.

How is it a trap game?

The team will have had two weeks to stew over one of their most embarrassing losses in recent memory. They'll be playing against a divisional opponent that almost aways plays them tough. And they'll be on the road where they've typically struggled going back to last season.
"...when Sean Taylor is in the neighborhood, you will feel him." - Al Michaels

Posted Image

ER20 takes off and then gets distracted by a debate going on...

#4 Moderator 3

Moderator 3

Hall of Famer

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,056 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 09:05 AM

Can't remember the exact numbers, but our record after the bye is quite good.

I'm not too confident about winning any more road games this year. Something is going terribly wrong on road trips and it's been going on for years.
15fqib6.jpg

#5 BenMir

BenMir

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 914 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 09:06 AM

Just a question.. who is going to cover Josh Gordon? Because I think that had they used him against us they might've won.

#6 RavensAllTheWay

RavensAllTheWay

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,087 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 09:11 AM

How is it a trap game?

The team will have had two weeks to stew over one of their most embarrassing losses in recent memory. They'll be playing against a divisional opponent that almost aways plays them tough. And they'll be on the road where they've typically struggled going back to last season.

Just in the sense that we'll be favored and expected to win coming off an embarrassing loss and a bye. But you're right about everything else.

#7 dirtybird10

dirtybird10

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,080 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 09:23 AM

Nah, no trap here. Last Browns game? Certianly! Kansas City? Sure. Not this game, no way they don't come out with everything they have to beat the crap out of the Browns. We are going on the road after the most humiliating loss in recent memory, after a bye, against a division opponent that didn't lay down for us the last time we played them. This will not be a trap game, if the Browns win this one, its because they are a better team... which they are not.

#8 Purple_ICE 81

Purple_ICE 81

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,508 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 09:32 AM

Flacco-29/39 412yds 3td INT...Rice 80 tot yards TD.

Weeden 28/49 250yds 2td 2int...trent richardson negative 20 total yards(haha i can dream right)

Ravens win 31-17

Welcome WR Steve Smith 5 time pro bowler

Career Stats: 836 receptions /// 12,200 yards /// 67 TDs

#9 Guest_Mr. Nobody_*

Guest_Mr. Nobody_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 October 2012 - 09:33 AM

I'm not too confident about winning any more road games this year. Something is going terribly wrong on road trips and it's been going on for years.

there's a post somewhere showing we've been losing one then winning one on the road going back for a while... so we'll win this one, coming after the bye as well... but pitts game is next to be played away ARGH!!!

#10 Militant X 1

Militant X 1

"Raven Renegade757"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,623 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 09:37 AM

just win baby!

~Mili

@Mili

mili1.png

"Hunt!  Hunt!  Hunt!  Keep Hunting!  Until You Put'em on Your Wall!"

- Ray Lewis

#11 jaege

jaege

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,320 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 09:44 AM

I do not know. I figure we still have the juice to beat teams like the Browns. After all, we know them pretty well, play (and beat) them twice a year. And they are playing their typical Browns football. Its when we get to the Steelers, Chargers, Skins, Broncos, Giants, last year we would eat those teams up. Now, the weak defense the inconsistant offense, I don't know. I still think we take the division just becuase, so far we do not seem to have any real competition, but changes have to be made.
It's so nice to be insane...

CAM GOT FIRED!!!!!

Joe Cool is the MAN!!!

Ravens

World Champions

#12 Tank 92

Tank 92

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,651 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 09:50 AM

I would not want to be a brownie on the field on 11/4. Should be a statement game for the Purple and Black.

Get straightened out in this game and the next, then move through the toughest stretch of 7 games that I can remember. Hopefully we will be "well" in Nov./Dec.

#13 redlobster

redlobster

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,696 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 09:51 AM

this game will be close, Weeden has shown improvement week to week and Josh Gordon is a deep threat and greg little abused Cary williams and really cost his team with his drops, and their defense is playing solid.

#14 Tank 92

Tank 92

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,651 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 10:01 AM

Has it been that we play badly on the road? Or is it that we play extremely well at home?

I don't know about not "winning any more road games this year", but you're right in a way and it needs to be fixed. Maybe everyone needs to take their favorite pillow with them. :-)

#15 ravens88

ravens88

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 10:05 AM

we need to win this game and the oakland game before we enter a rediculously tough stretch of the schedule to the end. So basically this is a must win especially a divison game and the ravens comming off the bye i believe are undefeated.

#16 BMORElegacy

BMORElegacy

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,765 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 05:23 PM

I figured I'd start a topic with regards to the upcoming bye and subsequent game at Cleveland.

The bye couldn't have come at a better time. Our team needs to lick their wounds and fill the voids left by Webb and Ray.

I for one am extremely excited to see how Suggs looks after an extra two weeks of training!

Keep it positive. There are plenty of 'sky is falling' threads elsewhere. Lets start a discussion about how this team can get better through the bye and how we're going to continue our streak against the Browns.
"No weapon forged against us shall prosper. And every tongue which rises against us in judgment, we shall condemn."

#17 PuRock

PuRock

Skull Grinder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,692 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 05:40 PM

I figured I'd start a topic with regards to the upcoming bye and subsequent game at Cleveland.

The bye couldn't have come at a better time. Our team needs to lick their wounds and fill the voids left by Webb and Ray.

I for one am extremely excited to see how Suggs looks after an extra two weeks of training!

Keep it positive. There are plenty of 'sky is falling' threads elsewhere. Lets start a discussion about how this team can get better through the bye and how we're going to continue our streak against the Browns.

They'll just bring their negativity here. The only way to appease them is if we all give up on the team, break out the pitchforks and march the Ravens front office.

Glad we got Suggs the reps in before the bye. At least that starts the progress. Wonder what improvements, if any, the team will be working on during the bye.

The Browns with Weeden and Trent are much more formidable then when we last met them. And this game is on the road.

Edited by PuRock, 22 October 2012 - 05:41 PM.

Posted Image

#18 ratedr

ratedr

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,995 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 05:43 PM

Cleveland is much better than their record indicates. Just as we've won close games, they've lost close games. If the usual road offense shows up we will definitely lose.

This is the first time we've had a road game after a bye during the Harbs era. Let's hope the record sticks.

#19 Florida Ravens Fan

Florida Ravens Fan

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,890 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 05:43 PM

If we have another bad performance against browns, we woukd probably see some coaching changes.
Posted Image

#20 admartian

admartian

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,818 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 05:44 PM

The we've been playing, we'd be lucky not to get a 'L' during the bye.

They'll just bring their negativity here. The only way to appease them is if we all give up on the team, break out the pitchforks and march the Ravens front office.

Glad we got Suggs the reps in before the bye. At least that starts the progress. Wonder what improvements, if any, the team will be working on during the bye.

The Browns with Weeden and Trent are much more formidable then when we last met them. And this game is on the road.

No one wants anyone to give up on the team. Negativity doesn't mean hopelessness.

Societies that have often ignored "negative things are often those that are most doomed to fail. I bring that up, because fandom and sports are somewhat intertwined as being their own societies.

Difference, is we can't necessarily direct change from our mere comments (unless one of us here is actually Oz, Harbs, Cam/Pees etc), but we don't necessarily need to ignore them either.

#FlaccoProBowl2014 (Aug 2014 prediction)

Win or lose, I believe.

PS4 is WOW!