Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

gammaman

Videos Won't Play On My Computers

23 posts in this topic

Recently, I have been unable to view Ravens.com videos on my Win 7 desktop or my Kindle Fire.

Would you please offer advice?

Thanks,

Gammaman

No problem, Flash needs a decent amount of updates so if you put if off (like I do) you won't be able to see videos/apps that support it.

I'm still having this problem. Videos on BR.com doesn't work on Firefox or Waterfox. They work on IE and Chrome. Other video sites work just fine; it's only here.

The thumbnails of the videos show up just fine. Pop-out window produces a blank page.

I've already reinstalled Flash, and I've tried installing an older version. I also disabled all popup/ad blockers.

No dice.

[quote name='jus'_crAzy' timestamp='1350925630' post='1200420']
I'm still having this problem. Videos on BR.com doesn't work on Firefox or Waterfox. They work on IE and Chrome. Other video sites work just fine; it's only here.

The thumbnails of the videos show up just fine. Pop-out window produces a blank page.

I've already reinstalled Flash, and I've tried installing an older version. I also disabled all popup/ad blockers.

No dice.
[/quote]
I think Chrome has its own built in flash player and IE uses a separate version than Firefox. The IE version is 'ax' and the Firefox version is a 'plugin'. Are you sure you're using the right version?

First, as a quick test, try videos on NFL.com as they use the same player. You may also want to clear your cache/cookies in Firefox and try again.

My 3 cents.

[quote name='Moderator 2' timestamp='1350962910' post='1201307']
I passed this on to Admin 3,
[/quote]
[quote name='Moderator 6' timestamp='1350965475' post='1201352']
I think Chrome has its own built in flash player and IE uses a separate version than Firefox. The IE version is 'ax' and the Firefox version is a 'plugin'. Are you sure you're using the right version?

First, as a quick test, try videos on NFL.com as they use the same player. You may also want to clear your cache/cookies in Firefox and try again.

My 3 cents.
[/quote]
Thanks for the response.

Yah, mon. NFL.com is working just fine. Like I said, it's only on BR.com.

Also, I have it so it deletes my cache/cookies/history upon exit.

I'll see if I can get something off the console.

Our video player is actually an HTML5 player and has nothing to do with Flash. It [i]should[/i] play on all devices -- computers, tablets and phones. We also have the same player that NFL.com has so it's strange that NFL.com videos would work fine and BR.com ones do not.

We will pass along this thread to our developers and see if they can figure out the problem. We may reply back with some follow-up questions for you all.

Thanks very much for writing to us about these problems.

Hi,

Just wanted to add that I have the same issue with videos on this site. No issues with videos anywhere else, except here and on NFL.com. (which given what you've said would make sense).

Videos stop running but audio continues. Video player will not pause or stop. Eventually locks up browser completely. Using Firefox.

Thank you.

I am in the same boat. NFL.com vids play fine, BR ads run, then the videos don't load and I get "We're sorry, but this video is no longer available. This applies to the opening playoff video and all the vids in the video section. Flash is updated in Firefox and IE. THanks for the help, I love the playoff vids and cant wait to see them.

Thanks for passing along RavensTuck. We will investigate the issue. We may have a developer email you with questions.

So it yous don't use flash I should be able to watch them on my iPad? Well they don't work for me either in that case

They are in the new HTML 5 format, I can seen them on my iPhone, when they are working.

I can't no long watch videos on my laptop. like youtube videos or pop up ads will play but other then that the video won't play or it would play for sec then restart and do it over and over I even updated my flash player and still nothing it's doing it on firefox Internet Explore and Google Chrome I don't know what else to do or what's wrong

[quote name='Moderator 2' timestamp='1357595301' post='1297111']
Is it a specific video or all of them?
[/quote] All but youtube

BR videos have never worked on my Palm Pre, but my laptop is another story. I used to have issues, but now I can watch videos with a bit of a lag (well sometimes it's more like I'm just listening to the radio). However, the playoff videos have never shown up for me this year. I'm not sure why; I don't think I've ever clicked any option to make them disappear. (I'm referring to the videos that started automatically on the homepage)

Videos aren't working for me now. I was able to watch bits and pieces of the Harbaugh presser earlier, cause of the lag, but now i can't watch anything. Trying to watch the "Behind The Bench" videos.

EDIT: Nevermind. Just saw in the Questions threads, its because i was running AdBlock. Never had that problem before, but no worries. Its all fixed now.