Ravens at Texans      Roster      Game Rewind   

Photo

The NFC West!

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

Poll: NFC West (30 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will win?!

1. Cardinals (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

2. Voted 49ers (20 votes [66.67%])

Percentage of vote: 66.67%

3. Voted Seahawks (10 votes [33.33%])

Percentage of vote: 33.33%

4. Rams (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 flaccopoe

flaccopoe

Can not follow rules

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 07:35 PM

Who do you think will win the hottest division in football, which was the most lopsided last season?
<p><span style="color:rgb(255,0,0);"><span style="font-size:24px;">Banned</span></span>.</p>

#2 T3hRaven

T3hRaven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,722 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 08:46 PM

I have a hard time calling the NFC West the hottest division in football. They have seemingly developed solid defenses, but problems on most of those teams remain. There is a lack of talent at the QB position throughout the whole division, which will hurt them in the playoffs. My money is still on the 49ers though. They are the most complete team in the division.

#3 flaccopoe

flaccopoe

Can not follow rules

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 09:08 PM

I have a hard time calling the NFC West the hottest division in football. They have seemingly developed solid defenses, but problems on most of those teams remain. There is a lack of talent at the QB position throughout the whole division, which will hurt them in the playoffs. My money is still on the 49ers though. They are the most complete team in the division.

They have 15 combined wins, which is 3 higher than any other division; no team is under .500. Every team except the Rams is .667: only 5 other teams are greater than or equal to it. While it's true that all 4 of their offenses are inconsistent, they are all capable of bursting out at the best of times. Brady is 0-2 against this division. Every defense and special teams unit is stellar, too.
<p><span style="color:rgb(255,0,0);"><span style="font-size:24px;">Banned</span></span>.</p>

#4 wikle

wikle

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 456 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 10:14 PM

It's really hard to argue against the seahawks, they aren't overly talented but find ways to win. wilson has shown moments of brilliance so far

#5 flaccopoe

flaccopoe

Can not follow rules

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 10:18 PM

It's really hard to argue against the seahawks, they aren't overly talented but find ways to win. wilson has shown moments of brilliance so far

Then vote for them! This is election season, remember, every vote counts!

#6 Gordo52

Gordo52

52 G.O.A.T.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,024 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 10:18 PM

Still think 49ers.

#7 flaccopoe

flaccopoe

Can not follow rules

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 10:22 PM

Still think 49ers.

Why, you think their competition is too inconsistent/inexperienced?

#8 JO_75

JO_75

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,204 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 10:44 PM

I picked Seattle in the Pre-Season as my NFC West Champion because of their defense and I'm sticking to it. The 49ers have come back down to earth, I can't trust Kolb or Skelton to stay healthy for Arizona, the Rams may be able to do something but I doubt it. Seattle is the only consistent team in the NFC West.

#9 flynismo

flynismo

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,831 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 01:09 AM

49ers.

Most talented team by far, with the best defense.

Self-appointed President of The Flacco Lovers Foundation (F.L.F)

Joe Flacco, Super Bowl 47 MVP

Farewell to a legend. Thanks for the memories, Ray Ray!

If you woke up this morning, congratulations. You got another chance

#10 Gordo52

Gordo52

52 G.O.A.T.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,024 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 09:28 AM

Why, you think their competition is too inconsistent/inexperienced?

I just think they're better than every other team in every single category. (In that division of course). Offense,Defense,Special Teams.

Than I'd say Seattle,St Louis, Arizona. It's tough though, all teams have been impressive so far.

Edited by Ravens<3, 15 October 2012 - 09:28 AM.

#11 SteelerStorm

SteelerStorm

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 04:53 PM

I voted for the Seahawks. The way this season is going, they will silently win the division and playoff berth.

#12 flaccopoe

flaccopoe

Can not follow rules

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 01:19 AM

I think I'm gonna change my vote because of Kolb's injury! :P

#13 display name

display name

Gotham's Reckoning

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,982 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 09:01 PM

I really like the 49ers, but some consistency on their part would be nice.

All that matters is the records. They went to a 7-9 team winning the division a couple years back to having 3 playoff contenders completely overnight. But yeah, the QBs aren't great. Sam Bradford has yet to live up to his #1 overall pick bar, Alex Smith is not much more than a game manager, Russel Wilson is an inconsistent rookie who could be a good player in a few years, and then of course you have Arizona.

Edited by display name, 17 October 2012 - 09:08 PM.

The Raven, on 03 Jan 2012-624 PM, said:

"You have reached your quota of negative votes for the day"

VIVA LA BUTT-FUMBLE!!!

Malkavian Raven, on 4 June 2014, said: "Display's off his meds again. Alert the white coats with the butterfly nets."

#14 flaccopoe

flaccopoe

Can not follow rules

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 11:18 PM

The Seahawks are now 0-3 in the division after failing to score a TD in yesterday's 13-6 loss to the 49ers! Looks like the sun is coming out in foggy San Fran!

#15 IH EART DA RAVENS

IH EART DA RAVENS

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 11:51 PM

I really like the 49ers, but some consistency on their part would be nice.

All that matters is the records. They went to a 7-9 team winning the division a couple years back to having 3 playoff contenders completely overnight. But yeah, the QBs aren't great. Sam Bradford has yet to live up to his #1 overall pick bar, Alex Smith is not much more than a game manager, Russel Wilson is an inconsistent rookie who could be a good player in a few years, and then of course you have Arizona.

I have no idea what to make of Bradford, and it bugs the hell out of me. I really liked him coming out of college, I know he hasn't had the best recievers, but he's got more than others (Tanehill, Weeden, etc) and I just cannot decide what to think of him in the NFL, which as I say bugs me, since I take a lot of satisfaction from judging QBs. Kolb/Skelton just makes me chuckle, and I agree Smith is a fairly average QB, but his attitude pushes him a little higher for me, I think he's handled being an afterthought in SFs success, the media criticism, and the Manning thing really well. I personally like Wilson, and it makes me laugh how NFL analyists are so bipolar, one article claims Wilson as a gem of this rookie class and an important part of a great team, the next makes a case to bench him for Flynn.

#16 flaccopoe

flaccopoe

Can not follow rules

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 12:24 AM

Not to sound condescending, but the QB of the Seattle Seahawks is Russell Wilson, not Russel Wilson.

http://www.seahawks....a4-9e307ffa4f3a

Just to set the record straight after seeing numerous people misspelling his name.

#17 ThePurpleWall

ThePurpleWall

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 762 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 04:38 AM

49ers
Ray Lewis"in any war who pulls their General out?,Nobody,when ever i put on that Jersey,ever man in this building believes in one thing,whatever our General says we Follow bottom Line"

Ray Lewis is the Leader of this Franchise.

#18 harfordravenfan

harfordravenfan

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,631 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 10:57 PM

Gotta go with the majority & say 49ers: as mentioned before, they seem to be the most balanced team & a solid defense. Can't see them losing the division or the other teams all staying above 500

#19 poedacrow

poedacrow

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,138 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 05:43 AM

Well if the Seahawks had receivers that could catch or block (that would be you Golden Tate) I'd be inclined to lean towards the 'Hawks. The Wilson kid looks to be a gamer, Marshawn Lynch is a solid RB and they've got a couple of huge CB that can lock down a passing game but as harfordravenfan stated, the Niners are a better balanced team.

Niners should win the division and will be bounced from the playoffs by a team with a better QB at the helm.
"It wasn't perfect, it wasn't pretty but it was us."

#20 flaccopoe

flaccopoe

Can not follow rules

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 10:03 PM

I think we can scratch AZ off the division contention list! They're Oline is in shambles, allowing 7 sacks! Skelton isn't the greatest QB to begin with and things won't get much better once Kolb returns.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users