Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

flaccopoe

The NFC West!

NFC West   30 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?!

• Cardinals
    • 49ers
    • Seahawks
    • Rams

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

49 posts in this topic

Who do you think will win the hottest division in football, which was the most lopsided last season?

I have a hard time calling the NFC West the hottest division in football. They have seemingly developed solid defenses, but problems on most of those teams remain. There is a lack of talent at the QB position throughout the whole division, which will hurt them in the playoffs. My money is still on the 49ers though. They are the most complete team in the division.

[quote name='T3hRaven' timestamp='1350265616' post='1190202']
I have a hard time calling the NFC West the hottest division in football. They have seemingly developed solid defenses, but problems on most of those teams remain. There is a lack of talent at the QB position throughout the whole division, which will hurt them in the playoffs. My money is still on the 49ers though. They are the most complete team in the division.
[/quote]

They have 15 combined wins, which is 3 higher than any other division; no team is under .500. Every team except the Rams is .667: only 5 other teams are greater than or equal to it. While it's true that all 4 of their offenses are inconsistent, they are all capable of bursting out at the best of times. Brady is 0-2 against this division. Every defense and special teams unit is stellar, too.

It's really hard to argue against the seahawks, they aren't overly talented but find ways to win. wilson has shown moments of brilliance so far

[quote name='wikle' timestamp='1350270880' post='1190482']
It's really hard to argue against the seahawks, they aren't overly talented but find ways to win. wilson has shown moments of brilliance so far
[/quote]

Then vote for them! This is election season, remember, every vote counts!

[quote name='Ravens<3' timestamp='1350271132' post='1190493']
Still think 49ers.
[/quote]

Why, you think their competition is too inconsistent/inexperienced?

I picked Seattle in the Pre-Season as my NFC West Champion because of their defense and I'm sticking to it. The 49ers have come back down to earth, I can't trust Kolb or Skelton to stay healthy for Arizona, the Rams may be able to do something but I doubt it. Seattle is the only consistent team in the NFC West.

[quote name='flaccopoe' timestamp='1350271366' post='1190502']
Why, you think their competition is too inconsistent/inexperienced?
[/quote]
I just think they're better than every other team in every single category. (In that division of course). Offense,Defense,Special Teams.

Than I'd say Seattle,St Louis, Arizona. It's tough though, all teams have been impressive so far.

I voted for the Seahawks. The way this season is going, they will silently win the division and playoff berth.

I really like the 49ers, but some consistency on their part would be nice.
[quote name='T3hRaven' timestamp='1350265616' post='1190202']
[/quote]
All that matters is the records. They went to a 7-9 team winning the division a couple years back to having 3 playoff contenders completely overnight. But yeah, the QBs aren't great. Sam Bradford has yet to live up to his #1 overall pick bar, Alex Smith is not much more than a game manager, Russel Wilson is an inconsistent rookie who could be a good player in a few years, and then of course you have Arizona.

The Seahawks are now 0-3 in the division after failing to score a TD in yesterday's 13-6 loss to the 49ers! Looks like the sun is coming out in foggy San Fran!

[quote name='display name' timestamp='1350525704' post='1193930']
I really like the 49ers, but some consistency on their part would be nice.

All that matters is the records. They went to a 7-9 team winning the division a couple years back to having 3 playoff contenders completely overnight. But yeah, the QBs aren't great. Sam Bradford has yet to live up to his #1 overall pick bar, Alex Smith is not much more than a game manager, Russel Wilson is an inconsistent rookie who could be a good player in a few years, and then of course you have Arizona.
[/quote]

I have no idea what to make of Bradford, and it bugs the hell out of me. I really liked him coming out of college, I know he hasn't had the best recievers, but he's got more than others (Tanehill, Weeden, etc) and I just cannot decide what to think of him in the NFL, which as I say bugs me, since I take a lot of satisfaction from judging QBs. Kolb/Skelton just makes me chuckle, and I agree Smith is a fairly average QB, but his attitude pushes him a little higher for me, I think he's handled being an afterthought in SFs success, the media criticism, and the Manning thing really well. I personally like Wilson, and it makes me laugh how NFL analyists are so bipolar, one article claims Wilson as a gem of this rookie class and an important part of a great team, the next makes a case to bench him for Flynn.

Not to sound condescending, but the QB of the Seattle Seahawks is [b]Russell [/b]Wilson, not [i]Russel[/i] Wilson.

http://www.seahawks.com/team/roster/Russell-Wilson/61b432f5-cd6c-4c4f-a8a4-9e307ffa4f3a

Just to set the record straight after seeing numerous people misspelling his name.

Gotta go with the majority & say 49ers: as mentioned before, they seem to be the most balanced team & a solid defense. Can't see them losing the division or the other teams all staying above 500

Well if the Seahawks had receivers that could catch or block (that would be you Golden Tate) I'd be inclined to lean towards the 'Hawks. The Wilson kid looks to be a gamer, Marshawn Lynch is a solid RB and they've got a couple of huge CB that can lock down a passing game but as harfordravenfan stated, the Niners are a better balanced team.

Niners should win the division and will be bounced from the playoffs by a team with a better QB at the helm.

I think we can scratch AZ off the division contention list! They're Oline is in shambles, allowing 7 sacks! Skelton isn't the greatest QB to begin with and things won't get much better once Kolb returns.

Looks like SEA and STL are quickly falling out of contention! Monday Night's game could very well determine the NFC West! The Cardinals can soar to 1st place with a win tomorrow. However, it will be a tall task for interim QB John Skelton. His receiving corps is suspect and his O-line will give him little, if any, support.

The Cardinals get blown out by GB and the Seahawks' D stonewall Christian Ponder and pummel with Lynch and Rice to win 30-20. The Rams and '9ers had byes this week.

The Seahawks have now risen to 5-4, one game behind the 49ers. The 49ers, 2-0 in the division, have the tiebreaker over SEA, 0-3 in the division.

The Rams-49ers game ended in a 24-pt tie! Both teams missed FGs in overtimes and an Amendola 80-yd reception to the 2 was negated by an illegal formation of all penalties! The Seahawks' blowout win against the Jets puts them half a game behind the 49ers and keeps them in Wild Card contention.

This division is turning out to be a lot closer than anyone thought. I didn't think Seattle was going to be playing this good of football. They've had a brutal schedule so far and have stood tall.

That week 16 game between Seattle and the 49ers in Seattle could determine the fate of this division.

Arizona fell just short of pulling off an upset against Atlanta, losing 23-19 in the closing minutes. St. Louis got blown out by the faltering Jets. The Cardinals fall to 4-6 and the Rams fall to 3-5-1.

The 49ers pull off a blowout win against the elite, if injured, Chicago Bears, to maintain their narrow lead over Seattle.

The 49ers' future is looking bright with sophomore upstart Colin Kaepernick. Should be interesting to see how the erstwhile QB2 handles adversity. Alex Smith is ice cold, tempered by years of disappointment and criticism.

St. Louis pulls off a stunning upset over division foe 49ers! Greg Zuerlin kicks a 54-yd FG to tie it and then a 53-yd FG to win with with 26 seconds left in overtime after Akers misses his 2nd OT FG against the Rams! The Seahawks pull off a stunning upset against the Bears in Soldier Field, proving Wilson has the clutch to win on the road. The Cardinals lose their 9th straight in a 7-6 snoozer against the Jets.

Janoris Jenkins is a monster! 3 turnovers in the last 2 games! On the other side of the coin, it looks like Akers will be released by next season. He's 7/15 from beyond 40 this season, including 2 missed FGs in overtime against division rival the Rams.