86 replies to this topic

#1 theblackdog

theblackdog

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,953 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 10:24 AM

I'm surprised this wasn't here already, but post your questions about who to try to grab off of waivers.

I need an RB this week because Sproles is on a bye and my backup is Bernard Pierce (who is probably going to be sent packing from my team since I have Rice). The top 3 after pierce are LaRod Stephens-Howling and William Howell of the Cardinals, and Alex Green of Green Bay.

I'm leaning towards grabbing one of the two Cardinals, but I'm not sure which one. LaRod is expected to start this Sunday, but he's coming off a hip injury so I am wondering if Howell is the better choice. Houston is good at stopping the run so I'm not entirely sure why Green is being ranked so high.

Thoughts?
Posted Image
Thanks to Kia Kaha for the sig!

#2 PuRock

PuRock

Skull Grinder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,525 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 10:38 AM

I'm surprised this wasn't here already, but post your questions about who to try to grab off of waivers.

I need an RB this week because Sproles is on a bye and my backup is Bernard Pierce (who is probably going to be sent packing from my team since I have Rice). The top 3 after pierce are LaRod Stephens-Howling and William Howell of the Cardinals, and Alex Green of Green Bay.

I'm leaning towards grabbing one of the two Cardinals, but I'm not sure which one. LaRod is expected to start this Sunday, but he's coming off a hip injury so I am wondering if Howell is the better choice. Houston is good at stopping the run so I'm not entirely sure why Green is being ranked so high.

Thoughts?

And it probably won't be discussed in much depth. Many of us play in multiple leagues on this board and don't want to hype up a potential snag.

I highly recommend staying away from the Arizona/GB backfield. ;)

Edited by PuRock, 09 October 2012 - 10:40 AM.

Posted Image

#3 flaccopoe

flaccopoe

Can not follow rules

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 11:48 AM

And it probably won't be discussed in much depth. Many of us play in multiple leagues on this board and don't want to hype up a potential snag.

I highly recommend staying away from the Arizona/GB backfield. ;)

Go with Howell. AZ might run the ball a lot, what with the passing discrepancies and the fact that they'll want to burn clock. See if Kendall Hunter is on Waivers, though. He's a decent RB2.
<p><span style="color:rgb(255,0,0);"><span style="font-size:24px;">Banned</span></span>.</p>

#4 theblackdog

theblackdog

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,953 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 12:42 PM

Go with Howell. AZ might run the ball a lot, what with the passing discrepancies and the fact that they'll want to burn clock. See if Kendall Hunter is on Waivers, though. He's a decent RB2.

*looks* Curses, someone else already owns him. I have 3 people on my waiver requests right now, we'll see if I get them or if the #1 and 2 waiver priorities get them first.
Posted Image
Thanks to Kia Kaha for the sig!

#5 Mt. Crushmore

Mt. Crushmore

Crush Knows

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,510 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 06:40 PM

Classified information.

Mt. Crushmore always makes about a million posts in a minute.

I'd like to introduce myself. Mt. Crushmore, Correction Officer.

Twitter

#6 PuRock

PuRock

Skull Grinder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,525 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 11:39 AM

FYI, Donald Brown out at least for at least 2-3 weeks. He underwent Knee Surgery. Vick Ballard is expected to start. Decent pick up in deep leagues.

Edited by PuRock, 10 October 2012 - 11:40 AM.

Posted Image

#7 Ed_Reed20

Ed_Reed20

Crenshaw Pete

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,748 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 11:56 AM

FYI, Donald Brown out at least for at least 2-3 weeks. He underwent Knee Surgery. Vick Ballard is expected to start. Decent pick up in deep leagues.

Nice to see you picked him up in ATD's league before posting this.

Damn you...

Edited by Ed_Reed20, 10 October 2012 - 11:56 AM.

"...when Sean Taylor is in the neighborhood, you will feel him." - Al Michaels

Posted Image

ER20 takes off and then gets distracted by a debate going on...

#8 PuRock

PuRock

Skull Grinder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,525 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 12:16 PM

Nice to see you picked him up in ATD's league before posting this.

Damn you...

I know you check Rotoworld so I had to be quick. Thought I would give a PSA for people in outside leagues. Luckily the person who has Donald Brown in our Yahoo league, got Alex Green off waivers this morning

He's an important pickup for Brown owners. But I doubt he cracks many starting lineups this week. But if he plays well, he then has CLE & TEN.

Edited by PuRock, 10 October 2012 - 12:21 PM.

Posted Image

#9 Ed_Reed20

Ed_Reed20

Crenshaw Pete

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,748 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 12:38 PM

I know you check Rotoworld so I had to be quick. Thought I would give the PSA though for people in outside leagues. Luckily the person who has Donald Brown in our Yahoo league, got Alex Green off waivers this morning

He's an important pickup for Brown owners. But I doubt he cracks many starting lineups this week. But if he plays well, then he has CLE & TEN.

Well played. I was hoping to get Green, especially with Benson done.

With Indy's O looking to be on the rise, Ballard could be walking into a good situation, even though he's not very talented. Seems to be a running trend in fantasy this year. A starter is out but his backup is too pedestrian of a talent to do anything with the workload.
"...when Sean Taylor is in the neighborhood, you will feel him." - Al Michaels

Posted Image

ER20 takes off and then gets distracted by a debate going on...

#10 Mt. Crushmore

Mt. Crushmore

Crush Knows

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,510 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 03:48 PM

I couldn't get any of the RBs this week.

Twitter

#11 Sizzlebshu

Sizzlebshu

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,720 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 04:02 PM

Somehow managed to get william powell (guessing its because I had him first on my waiver priority). With wells and williams on ir i may have found a gem.

#12 gabefergy

gabefergy

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,788 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 04:48 PM

Somehow managed to get william powell (guessing its because I had him first on my waiver priority). With wells and williams on ir i may have found a gem.

He should split carries with the hyphen, but i must warn you Ari offense is a nightmare all around. That said i still took a flyer on him in our ESPN league.

Edited by gabefergy, 10 October 2012 - 05:00 PM.

@gabefergy

#13 Alexir

Alexir

Dark Wings, Dark Words

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,897 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 04:59 PM

Jahvid Best and Vincent Brown great pick ups. If they prove healthy, they will have huge roles in respective offenses

Clear Eyes. Full Hearts. Can't Lose.
Rings don't lie.
PSN Alexir23

#14 gabefergy

gabefergy

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,788 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 05:01 PM

Jahvid Best and Vincent Brown great pick ups. If they prove healthy, they will have huge roles in respective offenses

Yeah i drafted Brown and kept him on my bench...i like him a lot. Best im not sold on.

@gabefergy

#15 Sizzlebshu

Sizzlebshu

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,720 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 05:17 PM

He should split carries with the hyphen, but i must warn you Ari offense is a nightmare all around. That said i still took a flyer on him in our ESPN league.

agreed but youre talking to a guy with an rb core of Lynch Jones-Drew and Gore. Only reason he is getting the starting nod this week is because of Jones-Drew in on bye. That being said tho, Schefter is reporting he gets the starting nod and the ari is excited about him

#16 SecretAgentMan

SecretAgentMan

SAM I Am......

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 08:27 PM

I couldn't get any of the RBs this week.

Neither could I. I have Benson, Morris, and Bush. Should I pick up Best, Hunter, or Bolden.
Banned

#17 Sizzlebshu

Sizzlebshu

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,720 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 08:35 PM

Neither could I. I have Benson, Morris, and Bush. Should I pick up Best, Hunter, or Bolden.

Id get best. Hunter only really has value when the 9ers are in blowout mode and he gets garbage time carries. The patriots backfield is random. Best will probably have some significant value goin forward if he gets healthy

#18 Mt. Crushmore

Mt. Crushmore

Crush Knows

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,510 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 06:45 AM

Id get best. Hunter only really has value when the 9ers are in blowout mode and he gets garbage time carries. The patriots backfield is random. Best will probably have some significant value goin forward if he gets healthy

That is a major if.

I would go with Bolden.

Twitter

#19 Sizzlebshu

Sizzlebshu

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,720 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 06:53 AM

That is a major if.

I would go with Bolden.

So are the other two. The difference is best's upside is much higher.

#20 Medications

Medications

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 10:56 AM

Yeah i had picked up Starks in waivers thinking he might wind up winning out in the end, but then i saw someone had dropped LeShoure to pick up Best, so i dropped starks and picked leshoure up.

Im really hurting for an RB2 behind Murray in this one league. Ive got Sjax, Bolden, Tate, William Powell and Leshoure now. After Gonz' week 7 bye ill drop my second TE and look at picking up David Wilson now that it seems like his role is expanding.

In my other league ive got AP, MJD, Bradshaw, LeShoure and just picked up Best. MJD is on bye so ill probably start leshoure againsy philly over bradshaw against san fran as a fill in

- Ryan |Posted Image | Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users