53-MAN ROSTER      Depth Chart      Kickoff Week      #PlayLikeARaven   

Photo

Why Pees Haters Are Wrong (Or Possibly Not)

• Please log in to reply
258 replies to this topic

#1 SecretAgentMan

SecretAgentMan

SAM I Am......

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,200 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 05:08 PM

Pees is conservative, but he is a smart D cordinator. He led the pats to two SB (Brady imo is not a hall of famer without him). Heres why we are ranked so low

The D is unexperienced.
This year, we have nine players who have a year of starting experience on D.
Mcphee, Kruger, Upshaw, Albert, Art, and Kindle have never started ever. They will get better as the season goes on.

Suggs- the Magic Johnson of OLB's.
His very presence on the field allowed others to get sacks, when he comes back he wont be the same tho. He will be more of a JJ. Achillies injuries are not taken lightly.

Cary Williams piss poor play.
Everyone else in the secodary has been doing well. Cary goes one one one against their best IDK why. We need to put him at nickel and put Jimmy (who needs experience) against their best. Jimmy has been good so far.

We are a young D, two years we will be back on the top (once we draft Eric Reid, Teo, or William Gholston)

Edited by Mr. Irrelevant, 07 October 2012 - 05:08 PM.

#2 PuRock

PuRock

Skull Grinder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,074 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 05:12 PM

I second this. People are so quick to jump at Pees. Like today, we knew the run was coming we couldn't stop it. We were playing the run but its still up to the players to shed their blocks and get a hand on the runner.

This team could not foresee losing Suggs. If we knew that, we probably wouldn't have let JJ and Redding go. The loss of Suggs set our defense back. Our front 7 are a young bunch and they are inconsistent, but they are only going to improve.

The personnel (which could eventually be our strength) is our weakness right now.

Edited by PuRock, 07 October 2012 - 05:13 PM.

Posted Image

#3 Gordo52

Gordo52

52 G.O.A.T.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,669 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 05:17 PM

If we finish in the top half of the league in defense all will be good. Even though thats not something we Ravens fans will be used to, I would be happy with it. There has been a lot of different changes from our D over the year, I knew it wouldnt be like last years but not this bad.

As right now I have never been more concerned about our defense, ever. - But the season is still young, we just got to fix it up.
2dc45a6e-0473-4d16-b247-f9f9608f28d3_zps

#4 SecretAgentMan

SecretAgentMan

SAM I Am......

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,200 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 05:20 PM

If we finish in the top half of the league in defense all will be good. Even though thats not something we Ravens fans will be used to, I would be happy with it. There has been a lot of different changes from our D over the year, I knew it wouldnt be like last years but not this bad.

As right now I have never been more concerned about our defense, ever. - But the season is still young, we just got to fix it up.

Pees will be leathal is Suggs comes back as half the player he used to be.

#5 Guest_Mr. Nobody_*

Guest_Mr. Nobody_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 October 2012 - 05:21 PM

I second this. People are so quick to jump at Pees. Like today, we knew the run was coming we couldn't stop it. We were playing the run but its still up to the players to shed their blocks and get a hand on the runner.

This team could not foresee losing Suggs. If we knew that, we probably wouldn't have let JJ and Redding go. The loss of Suggs set our defense back. Our front 7 are a young bunch and they are inconsistent, but they are only going to improve.

The personnel (which could eventually be our strength) is our weakness right now.

we should stop saying "if we knew about sizzle"... it was a bad decision for our organisation to let JJ and Redding go, just relying on youngsters... end off, so now we roll we what we got and coordinators should do their best to maximise every player's input... i'll wait to share judgement on Pees until sizzle is back... until then i'm just not convinced

Edited by horus13corvineus, 07 October 2012 - 05:30 PM.

#6 Gordo52

Gordo52

52 G.O.A.T.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,669 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 05:23 PM

Pees will be leathal is Suggs comes back as half the player he used to be.

I sure hope so. Suggs absense definitely has affected the way we blitz, play the run and use subs. He has been greatly missed.

The other problem we have had this year is just simple execution.
2dc45a6e-0473-4d16-b247-f9f9608f28d3_zps

#7 PuRock

PuRock

Skull Grinder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,074 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 05:25 PM

we should stop saying "if we knew about sizzle"... it was a bad decision for our organisation to JJ and Redding go, just relying on youngsters... end off, so now we roll we what we got and coordinators should do their best to maximise every player's input... i'll wait t share judgement on Pees until sizzle is back... until then i'm just not convinced

I don't think it was though with the assumption Suggs would be at full speed. JJ's salary was enormous. We had just drafted a first round talent (who also got injured). The call was right at the time (would've like to kept Redding), but we got burned.
Posted Image

#8 Markus92

Markus92

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 05:28 PM

He has improved from the first few weeks...The philly game was horrible play calling but he is ok i guess....Hes just so vanilla....

#9 Bravens292

Bravens292

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,582 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 05:36 PM

he used the corners like they should be used today. hopefully he keeps them close to the receivers more than just when we play QB's like cassel though. our defense played physical (even though all those rushing yards wouldn't suggest that) and we created turnovers because of it. i'll see moving forward what opinion i have of him.
"Thats what white guys do when they're excited" - Joe Flacco

#10 raybaby

raybaby

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,819 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 05:39 PM

I agree. I'm not going to be over critical about our D. We are without our best player on top of losing two consistently good vets. As hard as it is to watch our defense, they've kept the team in it these last 2 games.

Edited by raybaby, 07 October 2012 - 05:40 PM.

#11 Ed_Reed20

Ed_Reed20

Crenshaw Pete

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,717 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 05:40 PM

He has improved from the first few weeks...The philly game was horrible play calling but he is ok i guess....Hes just so vanilla....

A big part of the reason he has to be vanilla is because of the personnel. Going blitz-heavy would be risky, especially with the a number of LBs and DBs struggling in coverage.
"...when Sean Taylor is in the neighborhood, you will feel him." - Al Michaels

Posted Image

ER20 takes off and then gets distracted by a debate going on...

#12 K-Dog

K-Dog

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,012 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 05:45 PM

Pees impressed me with the half time adjustments.
The run was killing us today. If not for the adjustments at half time this would have been a loss.

it was a bad decision for our organisation to let JJ and Redding go,

It was a great descision.
It was ecconomics. Had we kept JJ and Redding, its likely Rice would not have worked a deal, Webb might not have gotten the deal he did, we likely would not have Jacoby Jones, who has been a tremendous assette.
Yes JJ and Redding were fantastic players and the team suffers from them not being here, the fact of the matter is we have a cap that dictates many of our descisions.
K-Dog

"Animals want to learn how to talk so they can hang out with me." Ray Lewis

#13 SecretAgentMan

SecretAgentMan

SAM I Am......

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,200 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 05:47 PM

The run was killing us today. If not for the adjustments at half time this would have been a loss.

It was a great descision.
It was ecconomics. Had we kept JJ and Redding, its likely Rice would not have worked a deal, Webb might not have gotten the deal he did, we likely would not have Jacoby Jones, who has been a tremendous assette.
Yes JJ and Redding were fantastic players and the team suffers from them not being here, the fact of the matter is we have a cap that dictates many of our descisions.

Anyawy, yes the economics are correct, JJ hada massive contract, but I do think that Redding was a bit unreasonable.

Edited by Mr. Irrelevant, 07 October 2012 - 05:47 PM.

#14 Ed_Reed20

Ed_Reed20

Crenshaw Pete

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,717 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 05:50 PM

Anyawy, yes the economics are correct, JJ hada massive contract, but I do think that Redding was a bit unreasonable.

Redding was a free agent and the team understandably felt confident in the young d-lineman. Had Suggs not gotten hurt, I don't think the run D would look nearly as leaky as it has.
"...when Sean Taylor is in the neighborhood, you will feel him." - Al Michaels

Posted Image

ER20 takes off and then gets distracted by a debate going on...

#15 Markus92

Markus92

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 05:53 PM

A big part of the reason he has to be vanilla is because of the personnel. Going blitz-heavy would be risky, especially with the a number of LBs and DBs struggling in coverage.

I guess thats true...But i feel that since we have no pass rush rushing 4 unlike every other team in the nfl you have to blitz or our corners have to cover for 6-7 seconds....

#16 PuRock

PuRock

Skull Grinder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,074 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 05:55 PM

I guess thats true...But i feel that since we have no pass rush rushing 4 unlike every other team in the nfl you have to blitz or our corners have to cover for 6-7 seconds....

And you just explained why Pees is in a hard spot.
Posted Image

#17 CorvusCorax

CorvusCorax

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,987 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 06:34 PM

Our defense is still very young and inexperienced. However, there are gems shining through that are helping us out in big moments. Be patient, there's still a lot of football left. I don't expect a whole lot to change when Suggs does return, but I believe the run D will get shored up.

Posted Image

#18 NaveSenrag

NaveSenrag

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,209 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 06:35 PM

Too bad they weren't first half adjustments.

I was impressed by nearly all of our defensive players today, and by Pees' ability to take an hour to figure out that he doesn't need to have his safeties 20 yards from the line of scrimmage when a team never throws the ball. I'm a bit disappointed in Jimmy Smith right now though. It seems like he responds to getting beat (which happens more often than I'd like) by grabbing the receiver, and that might bite us in the [profanity deleted] someday.

#19 Bltravens

Bltravens

Livin In An Igloo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,699 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 07:33 PM

Pees is conservative, but he is a smart D cordinator. He led the pats to two SB (Brady imo is not a hall of famer without him). Heres why we are ranked so low

The D is unexperienced.
This year, we have nine players who have a year of starting experience on D.
Mcphee, Kruger, Upshaw, Albert, Art, and Kindle have never started ever. They will get better as the season goes on.

Suggs- the Magic Johnson of OLB's.
His very presence on the field allowed others to get sacks, when he comes back he wont be the same tho. He will be more of a JJ. Achillies injuries are not taken lightly.

Cary Williams piss poor play.
Everyone else in the secodary has been doing well. Cary goes one one one against their best IDK why. We need to put him at nickel and put Jimmy (who needs experience) against their best. Jimmy has been good so far.

We are a young D, two years we will be back on the top (once we draft Eric Reid, Teo, or William Gholston)

Pees was not the DCoord for NE when they won all their Super Bowls. He was promoted in 2006, Mangini left for a HC after winning the Super Bowl as the DCoord in 2005.

#20 Purple Nurple

Purple Nurple

Telling It Like It Is Since 1974

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,796 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 07:39 PM

Allll weeeee are saaaaayyyyiiinnngggg, is give Pees a chaaannnncccee.

newsigg2_zps9e6531bd.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users