7 replies to this topic

#1 JO_75

JO_75

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,891 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 10:11 PM

Who here is getting the game tomorrow? Also I'm what you call a casual NBA fan, I don't have a favorite team and don't watch the games. Instead of Madden 13, I may just end up getting NBA 2K13 instead and this will be my first NBA game I have owned since the Super Nintendo Days, what should I expect and does 2K do a good job making NBA video games?

#2 TreTheRaven

TreTheRaven

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,773 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 10:51 PM

Can anyone tell me how 12 was? I was not liking 11, so I didn't buy 12. Instead rented it. Haven't played it yet, but was thinking of getting 13, after I had tried out 12. Depending on if I liked it or not.

Much like the OP -- I didn't buy Madden 13 for the reviews I was reading on it.

Thinking of K13, or Resident Evil 6. Perhaps even both.

Edited by TreTheRaven, 02 October 2012 - 10:52 PM.

#3 jus'_crAzy

jus'_crAzy

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 07:44 AM

2k12 was great! I'll probably be getting 2k13 soon.

The shooting takes some getting used to, but you can get around that. There's an option to just press a button to shoot the player's career %.

Customization is awesome. There's so many things you can customize. If you make a new player, you'll be there for a while.

You can play historical games like MJ's "sick game". And I hear in 2k13 you can play as the '92 Dream Team.

(OO=[||][||]=OO)  ///M

#4 bauer77

bauer77

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,531 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 10:11 AM

2k13 is basically like 2k12, except they added a form of "ultimate team" like Madden has. You get a starting team, play games to earn coins, and they you buy the players you want with the coins. There's other added stuff too, like a "control stick" that you can use to do spin, or control the Iso Motions, behind the back, etc. You can also play as certain legendary teams, such as the 2000-2001 76ers, and even a celebrity team.

To be completely honest, IMO, i think 2k13 is the same as 2k12. Not much change, same gameplay stuff, with a little bit of added things. Granted, I've only played the ultimate team, and my player for a little, but i haven't noticed much different yet.

nb4yyq.jpg
If tomorrow wasn't promised, what would you give for today? - Ray Lewis
Twitter

#5 JO_75

JO_75

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,891 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 11:17 AM

2k13 is basically like 2k12, except they added a form of "ultimate team" like Madden has. You get a starting team, play games to earn coins, and they you buy the players you want with the coins. There's other added stuff too, like a "control stick" that you can use to do spin, or control the Iso Motions, behind the back, etc. You can also play as certain legendary teams, such as the 2000-2001 76ers, and even a celebrity team.

To be completely honest, IMO, i think 2k13 is the same as 2k12. Not much change, same gameplay stuff, with a little bit of added things. Granted, I've only played the ultimate team, and my player for a little, but i haven't noticed much different yet.

So how is their version of Franchise Mode? Same setup like Madden or different?

#6 Mt. Crushmore

Mt. Crushmore

Crush Knows

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,170 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 08:09 PM

If you want to see good stuff on Youtube on 2K13 look up Chris Smoove. He doesn't really have a review but he has lots of 2K13 out already. He is the top 2K basketball guy on Youtube I think.

Mt. Crushmore always makes about a million posts in a minute.

You no longer make a million posts a minute. You make a million trades a minute now....

Jacksonville Jaguars GM

Twitter

#7 Mt. Crushmore

Mt. Crushmore

Crush Knows

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,170 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 11:49 AM

I love this game. I haven't played any other game since I bought it.

Mt. Crushmore always makes about a million posts in a minute.

You no longer make a million posts a minute. You make a million trades a minute now....

Jacksonville Jaguars GM

Twitter

#8 jus'_crAzy

jus'_crAzy

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 11:36 AM

Btw, in case you didn't know, it's executively produced by Jay-Z.

(OO=[||][||]=OO)  ///M

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users