Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JO_75

NBA 2K13

8 posts in this topic

Who here is getting the game tomorrow? Also I'm what you call a casual NBA fan, I don't have a favorite team and don't watch the games. Instead of Madden 13, I may just end up getting NBA 2K13 instead and this will be my first NBA game I have owned since the Super Nintendo Days, what should I expect and does 2K do a good job making NBA video games?

Can anyone tell me how 12 was? I was not liking 11, so I didn't buy 12. Instead rented it. Haven't played it yet, but was thinking of getting 13, after I had tried out 12. Depending on if I liked it or not.

Much like the OP -- I didn't buy Madden 13 for the reviews I was reading on it.

Thinking of K13, or Resident Evil 6. Perhaps even both.

2k12 was great! I'll probably be getting 2k13 soon.

The shooting takes some getting used to, but you can get around that. There's an option to just press a button to shoot the player's career %.

Customization is awesome. There's so many things you can customize. If you make a new player, you'll be there for a while.

You can play historical games like MJ's "sick game". And I hear in 2k13 you can play as the '92 Dream Team.

2k13 is basically like 2k12, except they added a form of "ultimate team" like Madden has. You get a starting team, play games to earn coins, and they you buy the players you want with the coins. There's other added stuff too, like a "control stick" that you can use to do spin, or control the Iso Motions, behind the back, etc. You can also play as certain legendary teams, such as the 2000-2001 76ers, and even a celebrity team.

To be completely honest, IMO, i think 2k13 is the same as 2k12. Not much change, same gameplay stuff, with a little bit of added things. Granted, I've only played the ultimate team, and my player for a little, but i haven't noticed much different yet.

[quote name='bauer77' timestamp='1349363466' post='1176830']
2k13 is basically like 2k12, except they added a form of "ultimate team" like Madden has. You get a starting team, play games to earn coins, and they you buy the players you want with the coins. There's other added stuff too, like a "control stick" that you can use to do spin, or control the Iso Motions, behind the back, etc. You can also play as certain legendary teams, such as the 2000-2001 76ers, and even a celebrity team.

To be completely honest, IMO, i think 2k13 is the same as 2k12. Not much change, same gameplay stuff, with a little bit of added things. Granted, I've only played the ultimate team, and my player for a little, but i haven't noticed much different yet.
[/quote]

So how is their version of Franchise Mode? Same setup like Madden or different?

If you want to see good stuff on Youtube on 2K13 look up Chris Smoove. He doesn't really have a review but he has lots of 2K13 out already. He is the top 2K basketball guy on Youtube I think.