• Announcements

• Admin 3

UPDATED: MESSAGE BOARDS CLOSING AFTER DRAFT   03/08/2017

After careful consideration, we have decided that we will sunset our message boards after this year's NFL Draft. Since we opened our boards a decade ago, the digital landscape has greatly evolved. While we understand there remains a smaller group of highly-engaged fans who participate in conversation in our forums, a significant amount of the dialogue about our team and our games has migrated away to other social media platforms over the past several years. Our message boards will remain up and running through Friday, May 5th, and will be removed on May 6th. We recognize that this change may upset avid members of our community. However, we look to utilize our time and resources to focus on how we can best connect with our fans across an array of digital/social outlets. If you are not already engaging us and other members of the Ravens Flock on our Facebook page, Instagram account, through Twitter or Snapchat, we invite you to follow us on those channels and continue to participate in our social communities. In addition, the commenting feature on our website articles will remain intact. Members will be able to continue using their boards account to log in and share their thoughts at the bottom of every news story. We’d like to thank all the Flock members and our moderators who have brought thoughtful conversation to this space and made our community great for the last 10 years. Ravens Social Media Hub »
flynismo

The Car Thread

913 posts in this topic

Ride in them? My father owns a ZR1 and he used to own a 2002 and 2006 Viper Coupe. I've put a few hundred miles on all 3. That being said, I've DRIVEN them.

Like I said, performance wise... the Viper maims the ZR1. The Viper wasn't designed to be a nice Sunday sports car. It was designed to be a all out track car that you can legally drive home and park in your garage.

If you want a comfortable car with power steering, ABS, cool air conditioning and won't require a visit to the chiropractor after a spirited drive... then you want the ZR1. If you can't zip the zipper on your pants because your cojones are so big, you sweat bullets when it's 30 degrees outside, and you once beat up Chuck Norris... then you want a Viper.

The point you were trying to make was about performance figures, not drivability.

Give us some car comparision ratios to prove to us that the Viper is bit

better.

Edited by Ravenmore74

To thread bump I own a 1999 Mercury Cougar. I've had this car since I bought it brand new back in Jan of '99. Most people wouldn't thing twice about it, except it looks nothing like it did when I bought it.

More than likely those who have seen it don't know what it is. :lol:

With the engine being replaced with a Taurus 3L and tuned, the car is brought back to today's power standards.

Although I do see myself getting the new 5.0L Mustang in the future. I may wait to see what Ford does with it in the years to come.

I'm not a huge car nut but I am a muscle car lover! Love the old late model 1960's Mustangs and the new and old model Camaro's. I especially love the 1969 Camaro's!!! :ICONATOR_01040da29c18a4eed76047

All of this Vette talk... I am going to stain your souls with these photos of the most hideous Corvette in probably the entire WORLD. Then you will get an even bigger shocker at the end of those photos...

2004_0101C6CorvetteFromHell0005.jpg

2004_0101C6CorvetteFromHell0006.jpg

2004_0101C6CorvetteFromHell0009.jpg

2004_0101C6CorvetteFromHell0024.jpg

Supercharged......

500x_dragonvette__2_.jpg

I can only see the last pic but it's a Ls2/3 or 7 (intake and drive by wire give it away) and an ATI Procharger.

I love both the Vette AND Viper. I'm just not really much of a go fast type of guy anymore though. I'm just as happy now with my slow poke Rubicon!

Purple, are you a member of the G8board?

We talked about that monstrosity for pages and pages and pages.

Evidently the rumor is it was a guy going through a divorce and she was to get the Vette so he went out and had that done to it.

Still brings a tear to my eye, none the less. :(

I love both the Vette AND Viper. I'm just not really much of a go fast type of guy anymore though. I'm just as happy now with my slow poke Rubicon!

Truth be told, I had more fun with my '83 CJ7 than any other vehicle ever owned. Nothing like driving with a lift, some loud tires, doors off, top down!

Truth be told, I had more fun with my '83 CJ7 than any other vehicle ever owned. Nothing like driving with a lift, some loud tires, doors off, top down!

I love it! I'll be heading down to the beach this weekend in it, no top, no doors. It's meditation, all I can hear is my stereo cranked, the wind and the roar of my Baja Claws!

Plus the roll bars are a perfect place to strap my surf board (even though I'm a terrible surfer)

Edited by JEEPercreepermd

Anyone one of you guys actually OFF-Road? : P my X get's it done....as good as an IFS rig can, atleast!... lol

I run Mickey's too, but the Baja MTZ, I had the claws but I daily drive mine and they wore super fast.

Edited by H8R

Anyone one of you guys actually OFF-Road? : P my X get's it done....as good as an IFS rig can, atleast!... lol

I run Mickey's too, but the Baja MTZ, I had the claws but I daily drive mine and they wore super fast.

Yeah i'm on my second set of Claws. I usually take them off during the summer and just run my BFG A/T's but I haven't done it yet this year. Also, yes I do take it out to play! I saw pics of your X in one of the other car threads..impressive!

I can only see the last pic but it's a Ls2/3 or 7 (intake and drive by wire give it away) and an ATI Procharger.

dude, the corvette has had electronic throttle since 1997. The intake on the LS2, LS3, and LS7 all look about the same. Its definitely not an LS7...the oil dipstick is a dead giveaway. On the LS7 the dipstick is on the oil tank. My guess is its an LS2. They didnt come with the LS3 until 08 when they also changed the wheels. those are 05-07 wheels

Yea, but the LS1 had the solenoid on the other side IIRC. BTW, It can be an Ls7 WITHOUT the dry sump oiling ( the oil tank you're referring .to) . Like I said, I can't see any picture but the last so I see no wheels. I can tell you it's either a L92 intake or and Ls7. The Ls7 has a 90mm TB where as the LS2 does not. BTW, if you look very close, you can see the ridges in the intake just behind the TB which is a nearly a DEAD give away for the Ls7. Also, it may be a mish-mash of parts because the coil packs are later style truck units.

Edited by H8R

So, ended up selling the Bimmers and the ML320.

The ML320 got replaced with a 2007 BMW 335i. Hate to admit it, but the new fascia has really grown on me. Not going to do anything with this car; will be my daily driver for a while.

Also picked up a 1993 BMW 740iL as a 'toy' car to mod/mess around with. Comes stock with the 4.0L V8. Off the line, nothing special...thing is a freaking tank, weighing in at 4500lbs. But out on the highway, acceleration is pretty good from 40mph+ considering the weight of the car. Right now, I'm debating between completely stripping the car down and hopefully shed around 1000lbs of weight (and believe me, that is actually an attainable goal with this car) and take advantage of an awesome motor, or just restoring to OEM spec and using it as a weekend cruiser..

So, ended up selling the Bimmers and the ML320.

The ML320 got replaced with a 2007 BMW 335i. Hate to admit it, but the new fascia has really grown on me. Not going to do anything with this car; will be my daily driver for a while.

Also picked up a 1993 BMW 740iL as a 'toy' car to mod/mess around with. Comes stock with the 4.0L V8. Off the line, nothing special...thing is a freaking tank, weighing in at 4500lbs. But out on the highway, acceleration is pretty good from 40mph+ considering the weight of the car. Right now, I'm debating between completely stripping the car down and hopefully shed around 1000lbs of weight (and believe me, that is actually an attainable goal with this car) and take advantage of an awesome motor, or just restoring to OEM spec and using it as a weekend cruiser..

Never used to come to the "off topic" area until recently, but I'm a car guy to the fullest extent.

My arsenal consists of:

2003 745i - black on black on black sittin on 22's (RIP!!!)

2007 X5 - silver with limo tint (nothing done to it, so its a kid friendly car)

1993 Mercedes 190e - lowered a bit and doesn't leave the garage (only 106k miles)

1977 Jeep CJ7- 100% restored, fiberglass tub, 4" BDS lift, 33's and a monster 401 AMC V8

2004 Yota Tacoma - DD and boring as hell

Edited by 1/28/01

<br />Never used to come to the "off topic" area until recently, but I'm a car guy to the fullest extent.<br /><br />My arsenal consists of:<br /><br />2003 745i - black on black on black sittin on 22's (RIP!!!)<br />2007 X5 - silver with limo tint (nothing done to it, so its a kid friendly car)<br />1993 Mercedes 190e - lowered a bit and doesn't leave the garage (only 106k miles)<br />1977 Jeep CJ7-  100% restored, fiberglass tub, 4" BDS lift, 33's and a monster 401 AMC V8<br />2004 Yota Tacoma - DD and boring as hell<br />

Love the X5! Was strongly looking for an excuse to get that instead of the ML320, but couldn't justify the price difference (well, you know me, I can justify anything lmao...but just couldn't get the deal I was looking for)

Okay, just in heaven right now!!! Performed my first mods on the BMW 335i. I just upgraded from the stock LSD to an OS Giken LSD yesterday, and today had the ECU reflashed with GIAC (they claim +70 HP and +80 lb-ft -- butt dyno confirms it). It already feels like a whole new car; it was no slouch stock, but is so much more aggressive when launching from a stand still, power delivery is smoother than stock (or so it feels) and top end is just, well, fun haha... Used to have a 300ZX that made 390 HP at the wheels, these two cars feel about the same .... god bless twin turbos 6's :D

Okay, just in heaven right now!!! Performed my first mods on the BMW 335i. I just upgraded from the stock LSD to an OS Giken LSD yesterday, and today had the ECU reflashed with GIAC (they claim +70 HP and +80 lb-ft -- butt dyno confirms it). It already feels like a whole new car; it was no slouch stock, but is so much more aggressive when launching from a stand still, power delivery is smoother than stock (or so it feels) and top end is just, well, fun haha... Used to have a 300ZX that made 390 HP at the wheels, these two cars feel about the same .... god bless twin turbos 6's :D

Yeah, that sounds like fun!

The X5 is great and its the last standing BMW in the house *wipes tear from eye*

Just got done drilling 40 holes into the untouched CJ body in order to install the classic style soft top. Every hole I was shaking, since its about a $3k fiberglass body :) Looks good, though!

Edited by 1/28/01

e631.jpg

Back from the dead...

The Mercedes is GONE.

Purchased a 2011 Range Rover Sport Supercharged on Saturday night. Arrives at the dealership Wednesday (had to bring it in from another dealer). Stornoway Grey exterior and Ebony interior with contract stitching. Vehicle is loaded with the exception of adaptive cruise control/brake assist- which I did not want. I also did not want the rear entertainment system but every Sport model on the face of the earth has it so I didn't really have a choice. Deal worked out really well- with the trade in I financed exactly $8,370 for 12 months through my credit union. Chicago winters here I come!

EDIT: I test drove the Cayenne, Rover Sport Supercharged, Mercedes M and the GX. Couldn't stand the M or the GX, the Cayenne was fantastic but I didn't like the exterior. Settled on the Rover- which I fell in love with.

Edited by Twoo

"If only..."

What does that mean??

Cayenne. .. That'll be my ride.. Whenever i decide to start making some cheddar

The Cayenne is an amazing vehicle and the interior is the best I've ever seen in a SUV. I just couldn't get past the new designed exterior and the Rover is a better offroader and severe weather vehicle.

I'm not a fan of those Rovers. Very poor reliability and parts are silly priced. They do look pretty sick, I must say.

I don't think is be doing any off-roading in that model Rover. An older Disco, that's a different matter. They're PIMP.

I'M planning on doing a VK5.6 swap on my Xterra.

Edited by H8R

What does that mean??

The Cayenne is an amazing vehicle and the interior is the best I've ever seen in a SUV. I just couldn't get past the new designed exterior and the Rover is a better offroader and severe weather vehicle.

His if only is Prolly the same as mine as in if only we could afford anything close to this lol... Still rocking my 94 silverado 7 years running...

Abduction i haven't seen the new Cayenne yet.. Try not to look too much just makes me sad lol

Very nice......sick ride!!

I am extremely bored with the G35X and may get rid of it, then buy a MUCH cheaper Discovery (2004 or newer due to the changes that year) and dump the rest into the CJ (slighly more lift, 35's, new carb for the 401 and some fresh Ravens purple paint).

The garage is running out of room:

X5

G35X

Tacoma

77 CJ

190E

Blaster (atv)

Golden Tee that doesn't fit through my garage door into my house, oops!!

With the new fiberglass body, but before the top install.....needs some fresh paint! (the stupid windshield sticker is GONE)

1977JeepCJ7.jpg

Edited by 1/28/01

My X has a new set of ProComp.7089 for her. 35's will come after the long travel kit. I already have Radflo extended 2.5 external reservoir coil overs sitting in a box ready to replace my 2.0 standard lengths!

I'm still looking for the right 66-67 Dueces to build. The drivetrain will not be your typical SBC, to say the least.

got the truck back from paint today. Also got it tinted today too. 2.5% all the way around, and 1% strip on the top of the windshield. Cops cant see me and I like it that way. got a waiver and they cant do a thing about it.

217290_194111403964583_100000971730732_439795_8003916_n.jpg

Really has a 383 stroker. shhhhh

2rxy73t.jpg

Edited by BohBalmerOsbohs