• Announcements

• Admin 3

UPDATED: MESSAGE BOARDS CLOSING AFTER DRAFT   03/08/2017

After careful consideration, we have decided that we will sunset our message boards after this year's NFL Draft. Since we opened our boards a decade ago, the digital landscape has greatly evolved. While we understand there remains a smaller group of highly-engaged fans who participate in conversation in our forums, a significant amount of the dialogue about our team and our games has migrated away to other social media platforms over the past several years. Our message boards will remain up and running through Friday, May 5th, and will be removed on May 6th. We recognize that this change may upset avid members of our community. However, we look to utilize our time and resources to focus on how we can best connect with our fans across an array of digital/social outlets. If you are not already engaging us and other members of the Ravens Flock on our Facebook page, Instagram account, through Twitter or Snapchat, we invite you to follow us on those channels and continue to participate in our social communities. In addition, the commenting feature on our website articles will remain intact. Members will be able to continue using their boards account to log in and share their thoughts at the bottom of every news story. We’d like to thank all the Flock members and our moderators who have brought thoughtful conversation to this space and made our community great for the last 10 years. Ravens Social Media Hub »
flynismo

The Car Thread

913 posts in this topic

I do agree as a collectible car, it is sweet.

And true it would hold it's value pretty nicely.

Why not get a lightly used Viper? Those can be had for $50K and you will have a car that stops traffic!

Because you can tweak the latest model superchargers to out perform the old. The viper is unstoppable!

Why not get a lightly used Viper? Those can be had for $50K and you will have a car that stops traffic!

because Vipers are a pain to work on, parts are stupid expensive, mods are bank breaking. They are TONS more expensive to insure and get about 10-12 MPG

Yes, but I don't think we are talking about a daily drier. At least I wouldn't spend $60K on a Camaro if so.

They may be expensive for all that, but nothing imo out does a Viper.

To each their own, but a Viper just makes the GT500 and ZR1 look standard.

actually, you can get them cheaper than that...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/VIPER-GTS-CORSA-EXHAUST-COGNAC-INT-POLISHED-WHEELS-/120574998350?cmd=ViewItem&pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item1c12d4774e#ht_26123wt_1165

As was said though, the insurance is RIDICULOUS. Honestly, even corvette insurance is ridiculous. I know a guy(in his 50s) who traded in is 05vette for an 07sti and he insurance went from 2100/yr to 900/yr. I can only imagine what the insurance on the viper would have been.

Spotted this yesterday in LA, surprisingly small. About the length of a Honda civic and about a foot shorter in height. Wide as hell though. I was just shocked how small it actually is in person.

maili.jpg

mail2tj.jpg

Dang what the heck is that? It looks like an Audi in the fist picture.

And are you kidding 549, the ZR1 would SPANK a Viper.

The reason for the Camaro is there are only going to be so many made, ole man doesn't want what everybody else has.

The reason for the Camaro is there are only going to be so many made, ole man doesn't want what everybody else has.

Have you guys heard of the Ed Withacre edition Camaro?

Drop top top of the line!

Edited by Ravenmore74

It's a Bugatti Veyron....1001 factory quad turbocharged horsepower of over-compensation.

quad turbocharged.... oh my haha. Couldn't they get 1000 hp out of the engines in the Toyota Supra with only a twin turbo?

quad turbocharged.... oh my haha. Couldn't they get 1000 hp out of the engines in the Toyota Supra with only a twin turbo?

It's a 16 cylinder, 4 turbo motor making actually around 1100 horsepower, it's under-rated from factory. FIrst car to break the 250mph mark. It needed the power because at 200+ mph it uses most of the power to push through the wind and not actually power the wheels.

The car is a work of art, each piece specifically engineered for high speed travel. It uses carbon fiber, kevlar, gold, titanium, 2 diamonds, 10 radiators, makes 1.3g's at full breaking, 0-60 in 2.5 seconds, top speed of 253mph and only 200 have ever been produced. Best of all, it will outrun a F-16 taking off at a dead standstill... giving the jet fighter a 2 second head start.

I think it's still ugly as hell lol.

Yeah, not the prettiest thing to look at, but the thing will be a blur as it passes you anyway, so no biggie.

They've pulled a lot more than 1k horses out of the Supra motors, most are twin turbo, some are single turbo, and even a few tri-turbo setups. Nothing you'd want to ride on the street though. But streetable 800+ HP Supras are a dime a dozen in some places.

Spank?

My link

I bet you will see tons of Camaro's on the road in another year or two.

They will be like Mustang's. You will need to have something really unique to have something that even stands out.

Heck RS Camaro's have already gotten pretty regular here in little ole Hanover. I believe we already have like 5 or 6 in town.

Are we talking on a track or 1/4 mile? A quarter mile means about as much as my arm pit when it comes to a cars performance figures. On a track a Viper smacks the ZR1 around like a school girl.

On the Nürburgring (for those who don't know, it's THE racetrack all car companies use to benchmark performance figures)...

- Viper ACR ran a 7.22, which by the way was the fastest time ever for a production vehicle

- ZR1 ran a 7.26.

Winner: Viper

BUT... if you want to play the 1/4 game.

- Dodge Viper (NOT EVEN THE ACR) 10.92 seconds

- ZR1 (I should be doing the normal Corvette, but just to prove a point) 11.2 seconds

Winner: Viper ACR

Breaking: Viper ACR

Skidpad: Viper ACR

0-60: Viper ACR

0-100: Viper ACR

0-100-0: Viper ACR

Shall I continue?

actually, you can get them cheaper than that...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/VIPER-GTS-CORSA-EXHAUST-COGNAC-INT-POLISHED-WHEELS-/120574998350?cmd=ViewItem&pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item1c12d4774e#ht_26123wt_1165

As was said though, the insurance is RIDICULOUS. Honestly, even corvette insurance is ridiculous. I know a guy(in his 50s) who traded in is 05vette for an 07sti and he insurance went from 2100/yr to 900/yr. I can only imagine what the insurance on the viper would have been.

Wrong. Vette insurance is CHEAP compared to almost ALL sports cars. My Formula and Z28 were both more. The STI is considered a Sedan, thats what it was cheaper.

Edited by H8R

Are we talking on a track or 1/4 mile? A quarter mile means about as much as my arm pit when it comes to a cars performance figures. On a track a Viper smacks the ZR1 around like a school girl.

On the Nürburgring (for those who don't know, it's THE racetrack all car companies use to benchmark performance figures)...

- Viper ACR ran a 7.22, which by the way was the fastest time ever for a production vehicle

- ZR1 ran a 7.26.

Winner: Viper

BUT... if you want to play the 1/4 game.

- Dodge Viper (NOT EVEN THE ACR) 10.92 seconds

- ZR1 (I should be doing the normal Corvette, but just to prove a point) 11.2 seconds

Winner: Viper ACR

Breaking: Viper ACR

Skidpad: Viper ACR

0-60: Viper ACR

0-100: Viper ACR

0-100-0: Viper ACR

Shall I continue?

LOL. Ride in a Zr1 and then ride in an ACR and you will quickly realize they are different vehicles. The ACR is a brutal car but its a RACE CAR. The Zr1 is more of a touring car with a 638HP powerplant. Just look at the Highrise wing and styling.... No radio, lack of carpet, engine heat like a SOB. Where as the ZR1 has a plus interior and ALL the bells and whistles ( Plush for GM terms= cheap usually though..lol)

Granted the ACR does seem to be a track monster and performs as it should, you could live with the Vette on a daily. The Z06 is more of a race car then the Zr1, it just lacks the power from the blown 6.2.

Bottom line, I'd take either (Zr1 or ACR) one for a fun car. The Viper is just too much on the ragged edge of streetability for me to choose it over a Zr1.

Wrong. Vette insurance is CHEAP compared to almost ALL sports cars. My Formula and Z28 were both more. The STI is considered a Sedan, thats what it was cheaper.

I just wonder what kind of 50 year old guy would trade a Vette in for an STi. :34853_shakehead:

STi's are neat cars, but a bit too boy-racer for me. And, I'm not even in my 50's. lol

LOL. Ride in a Zr1 and then ride in an ACR and you will quickly realize they are different vehicles. The ACR is a brutal car but its a RACE CAR. The Zr1 is more of a touring car with a 638HP powerplant. Just look at the Highrise wing and styling.... No radio, lack of carpet, engine heat like a SOB. Where as the ZR1 has a plus interior and ALL the bells and whistles ( Plush for GM terms= cheap usually though..lol)

Granted the ACR does seem to be a track monster and performs as it should, you could live with the Vette on a daily. The Z06 is more of a race car then the Zr1, it just lacks the power from the blown 6.2.

Bottom line, I'd take either (Zr1 or ACR) one for a fun car. The Viper is just too much on the ragged edge of streetability for me to choose it over a Zr1.

Ride in them? My father owns a ZR1 and he used to own a 2002 and 2006 Viper Coupe. I've put a few hundred miles on all 3. That being said, I've DRIVEN them.

Like I said, performance wise... the Viper maims the ZR1. The Viper wasn't designed to be a nice Sunday sports car. It was designed to be a all out track car that you can legally drive home and park in your garage.

If you want a comfortable car with power steering, ABS, cool air conditioning and won't require a visit to the chiropractor after a spirited drive... then you want the ZR1. If you can't zip the zipper on your pants because your cojones are so big, you sweat bullets when it's 30 degrees outside, and you once beat up Chuck Norris... then you want a Viper.

The point you were trying to make was about performance figures, not drivability.

Edited by Twoo

Ride in them? My father owns a ZR1 and he used to own a 2002 and 2006 Viper Coupe. I've put a few hundred miles on all 3. That being said, I've DRIVEN them.

Like I said, performance wise... the Viper maims the ZR1. The Viper wasn't designed to be a nice Sunday sports car. It was designed to be a all out track car that you can legally drive home and park in your garage.

If you want a comfortable car with power steering, ABS, cool air conditioning and won't require a visit to the chiropractor after a spirited drive... then you want the ZR1. If you can't zip the zipper on your pants because your cojones are so big, you sweat bullets when it's 30 degrees outside, and you once beat up Chuck Norris... then you want a Viper.

The point you were trying to make was about performance figures, not drivability.

The performance numbers are almost a wash though. BTW, a ZR1 has done 10.5 stock.... The FASTEST ACR in the country is I could find is an 11.0 1/4 mile... The FASTEST STOCK Z06, NOT a ZR1 went 10.8. The guy owns both a z06 and an ACR. Look up Jaime Furman. Heck, rangerZ06 ran 10's 3 years ago with a Z06. The Viper is less consistent do to it's archaic V10 and LAME rear diff gearing.

The performance numbers are almost a wash though. BTW, a ZR1 has done 10.5 stock.... The FASTEST ACR in the country is I could find is an 11.0 1/4 mile... The FASTEST STOCK Z06, NOT a ZR1 went 10.8. The guy owns both a z06 and an ACR. Look up Jaime Furman. Heck, rangerZ06 ran 10's 3 years ago with a Z06. The Viper is less consistent do to it's archaic V10 and LAME rear diff gearing.

Corvette is better then the viper, but the main difference is body weight. The Viper is just a heavier car.

Edited by Ravenmore74

Well for a car that's half the price and is only .04 behind on the track, give me the Vette. One thing I always did love about the Vipers though, is the sound. Music to ma ears.

Well for a car that's half the price and is only .04 behind on the track, give me the Vette. One thing I always did love about the Vipers though, is the sound. Music to ma ears.

most people feel the opposite about the Viper, the V10 sounds nothing like a musclecar and sounds pretty weird if you ask me. BTW, Vettes are NOT half the price...Unless you're talking about a z06 instead of a Zr1.

The problem with the ZR1 is that coming down the road to most people it looks like a Vette...just a Vette. You would then need to explain why it is much more than 'Just a Vette'.

There is not mistaking a Viper. lol

If you can't tell a Zr1 from a base corvette, you're not a car person. Besides, I don't pick cars for what everyone else thinks. The Zr1 and Z06 are a bit harder to tell the difference, mainly because they both share the same wide body fenders, though the Zr1 has different vents in front fenders and rear quarters. The hood also tells the story of which powerplant the vehicle has, hinting to what trim the Vette is.

I agree though, no mistaking a Vipers look. The are pretty sweet looking, just not a fan of the 500+ci V10. The Viper does tons of great things, I'm just not a Dodge guy at heart.

We currently own 3 GM vehicles and 1 Ford.

But honestly, I buy whatever tickles my fancy...so long as it has a US badge on it. ;)