• Announcements

• Admin 3

UPDATED: MESSAGE BOARDS CLOSING AFTER DRAFT   03/08/2017

After careful consideration, we have decided that we will sunset our message boards after this year's NFL Draft. Since we opened our boards a decade ago, the digital landscape has greatly evolved. While we understand there remains a smaller group of highly-engaged fans who participate in conversation in our forums, a significant amount of the dialogue about our team and our games has migrated away to other social media platforms over the past several years. Our message boards will remain up and running through Friday, May 5th, and will be removed on May 6th. We recognize that this change may upset avid members of our community. However, we look to utilize our time and resources to focus on how we can best connect with our fans across an array of digital/social outlets. If you are not already engaging us and other members of the Ravens Flock on our Facebook page, Instagram account, through Twitter or Snapchat, we invite you to follow us on those channels and continue to participate in our social communities. In addition, the commenting feature on our website articles will remain intact. Members will be able to continue using their boards account to log in and share their thoughts at the bottom of every news story. We’d like to thank all the Flock members and our moderators who have brought thoughtful conversation to this space and made our community great for the last 10 years. Ravens Social Media Hub »
flynismo

The Car Thread

913 posts in this topic

Mine was a nice truck. Maggie 122, Gt3 cam, AFR heads... 11.60 @ 121

Stock with removal of TQ management and some other tuning stuff with HPTuners She went 14.2 at 100 MPH.

The SS was a real truck though, could tow 5000lbs and you could actually use it as a truck, the other 2....well you just couldn't.

So, not every SSS you see is slow.

Edited by H8R

Yeah first thing to do with those things was to rip that stupid Vortech supercharger off it.

Ummm.... They didnt come with a Vortech...( the engine is called a Vortec V8). You dont know crap about them. No GM came from the factory with a Vortech super charger. The only blower GM offers from the factory is a MAgnaCharger but that was the smaller 112 Eaton Style blower not a Vortech Centrifugal blower.

Edited by H8R

I think this quote from Edmunds says it pretty well:

...so we limited our test to the 2004 Dodge Ram SRT-10 and the 2004 Ford F-150 SVT Lightning. The Silverado SS was excluded because it's just too much like a regular Silverado. If Chevy decides to drop the new 'Vette engine under the hood of a Silverado 1500 standard cab and add the appropriate wheels, tires, brakes and suspension, then we'll talk about a three-truck comparison test. Until then, Ford and Dodge have the baddest muscle trucks around.

My link

Don't get me wrong...when it comes down to it, all three are good in their own aspects.

MOD NOTE: Please include a link to this article. Ty.

Edited by Ravens549

I think this quote from Edmunds says it pretty well:

...so we limited our test to the 2004 Dodge Ram SRT-10 and the 2004 Ford F-150 SVT Lightning. The Silverado SS was excluded because it's just too much like a regular Silverado. If Chevy decides to drop the new 'Vette engine under the hood of a Silverado 1500 standard cab and add the appropriate wheels, tires, brakes and suspension, then we'll talk about a three-truck comparison test. Until then, Ford and Dodge have the baddest muscle trucks around.

My link

Don't get me wrong...when it comes down to it, all three are good in their own aspects.

MOD NOTE: Please include a link to this article. Ty.

What does this prove? NOTHING.

The lightning had a blower and ford largest Triton V8, the SRT-10 had a V10 from the Viper with a 6speed manual

GM didn't build the truck to be the fastest, but it surely was the most versatile. Are we also forgetting that ALL of the lightnings were regular cab... Not to mention the SRT10

Was about 55K. Truth be told, mod for mod the SSS was faster then ANY of the other 3. Not to mention, the drivetrain was more dependable.

1. The Viper Trucks blew out t-56 Like a MFR

2. The Lightning ate trannies for breakfast lunch and dinner

The Chevy, though more subdued had better fuel economy more payload capacity and you could actually tow something with it... All this while seating 4-5 comfortably.

What does this prove? NOTHING.

The lightning had a blower and ford largest Triton V8, the SRT-10 had a V10 from the Viper with a 6speed manual

GM didn't build the truck to be the fastest, but it surely was the most versatile. Are we also forgetting that ALL of the lightnings were regular cab... Not to mention the SRT10

Was about 55K. Truth be told, mod for mod the SSS was faster then ANY of the other 3. Not to mention, the drivetrain was more dependable.

1. The Viper Trucks blew out t-56 Like a MFR

2. The Lightning ate trannies for breakfast lunch and dinner

The Chevy, though more subdued had better fuel economy more payload capacity and you could actually tow something with it... All this while seating 4-5 comfortably.

You can also add a high pressure turbo set up and make a four seated civic run 120 trap speeds.

But i'd still prefer a ZR1 over it.

Lol

But it's still a S-Box civic....

Sure, but did you ever see how much whp you can pick up with those cars?

Can muffler, stickers, F1 spoiler, cut the springs and you have one serious machine! ;)

The GNX, eh? My buddy used to own one. Thing was deceivingly quick. Then he sold it and bought a Mercedes 500e. Quite possibly the best car I've ever driven. For those who don't know what a 500e is-- MB and Porsche got together to make a sports oriented sedan. Porsche brakes/suspension, AMG engine, PERFECTLY laid out interior and it went like stink. MB also under-rated it's power and skidpad. They reported 0-60 in the low 5 second range, some owners/magazines were hitting 4.2-4.5s. AMAZING car.

Truth be told, I've considered trading in the e63 for a AWD vehicle. In a few years I'll be moving to Chicago for my specialized residency and I'll need a vehicle I can drive in snow.

Got a good vehicle for you then; I used to own a Audi 1.8T Quattro.

In stock form, it was pedestrian, but it gets serious fast with minimal bolt ons (a chip, downpipe, exhaust, clutch and a set of Nitto 555-R were all I put on that car, and I could hang with Z28s and Mustang GTs).

Audi's with the Quattro AWD are monsters in the snow (no surprise considering Audi's heritage), and have one of my favorite interiors of any car on the road.

I just wish I had the money for an RS4!! Jack up the boost, then rape some Vipers while toting the family. <3

You can also add a high pressure turbo set up and make a four seated civic run 120 trap speeds.

But i'd still prefer a ZR1 over it.

Lol

After I saw the stats on this one car.

I was about to change my name from Ravenmore to ZL575!!!!!

Sure, but did you ever see how much whp you can pick up with those cars?

Can muffler, stickers, F1 spoiler, cut the springs and you have one serious machine! ;)

but the WTQ is still a joke and so is the TQ steer... Not to mention blowing CV axels like a Baltimore street....Nevermind... lol

Got a good vehicle for you then; I used to own a Audi 1.8T Quattro.

In stock form, it was pedestrian, but it gets serious fast with minimal bolt ons (a chip, downpipe, exhaust, clutch and a set of Nitto 555-R were all I put on that car, and I could hang with Z28s and Mustang GTs).

Audi's with the Quattro AWD are monsters in the snow (no surprise considering Audi's heritage), and have one of my favorite interiors of any car on the road.

I just wish I had the money for an RS4!! Jack up the boost, then rape some Vipers while toting the family. <3

1.8t is a healthy motor for sure. The Quatro adds a **** ton of weight though.

I always wanted a boosted R32 Golf. AWD + Light chassis FTMFW!

Edited by H8R

After I saw the stats on this one car.

I was about to change my name from Ravenmore to ZL575!!!!!

This fall after my Maggi install my numbers should be up there too. ;)

but the WTQ is still a joke and so is the TQ steer... Not to mention blowing CV axels like a Baltimore street....Nevermind... lol

That's the problem with the internet....75% of my posts are done in sarcasm. :242735:

This fall after my Maggi install my numbers should be up there too. ;)

What Maggie? The TVS or old school?

What Maggie? The TVS or old school?

0808phr_16_z+2008_pontiac_g8+polished_supercharger.jpg

I am waiting to see if the Whipple SC for the Camaro will work first. ;)

I'll need to check into that. This winter instead of putting my car away, I am going to truck it off for a mild cam upgrade and SC install. The Maggi is what most guys are going with. But overall it is very subdued.

To me, there is no better sound than a Whippled 03-04 Cobra!

Here is a video of the G8's sister, Vaxhaull. It will show you what I am looking for sound-wise. Heaven to the ears......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BY6imlJ82VE&feature=related

Look for a Kenne Bell Blowzilla on anything and you'll change your mind!

Okay, so I been a busy bee this past week.

Sold the 525i on Tuesday, and today I picked up a 95 740iL.

Unfortunately, its an automatic. And it's in need of tires, brake pads and brake lines.

So anyway, has the 4.4 V8, 282 HP / 296 ft-lb. Problem is, aftermarket support is practically non-existent for the 7 Series.

Here's the really strange part (to me). You'd think that with a motor like that, and BMW's rep for making killer cars like the //M cars, you'd think that the 740iL is smoking fast, even with the slushbox rather than a proper 6 speed. It's not!! A friend of mine stomped me in his RX8. They're not slow cars by any means, but after a 55 mph rolling start to 100 mph, he walked me by at least 2 lengths. And to make it worse, he had his brother with him; the guy is at least 220 lbs of added weight.

So, now I have two Bimmers...one is a 6 cyl with moderate aftermarket support, but unless I go with forced induction won't ever make some serious power.

The other is the one I got today, with a beastly V8 that is just begging to be unleashed, but 4100lbs, a slushbox and practically no aftermarket go fast goodies conspire to keep this car in the "pretty quick" category instead of the "holy $#!t" category.

But that aside, it is one sick car! Ridiculous amount of gadgets that will probably take me 6 months to discover them all, interior is just amazing, and is going to look spectacular with a set of 18" and coilovers.

Think I'm going to gut the 535i, remove EVERYTHING including the rear seats, and continue with the home brew turbo kit as originally planned. Work on the suspension and slap on some slicks, and call it a day. If all goes well, should turn out to be a pretty fun trackworthy car.

Not sure what to do about the ML320 now that I have the 740iL...pretty useful for bad weather and going on trips, but not sure if it's worth keeping around when I can just trade it in for a cheap beater truck that does the same things, and probably does it better.

Do know that I love the 740 though. Other than the usual wheels/coilovers/navigation, probably not going to do much else. The 535 is going to keep me plenty busy anyway.

Anywho, thats my story for the day. Going to start posting pics soon, probably next weekend, of the 535i teardown and rebuild.

Get the feeling its going to be a looong week..

Okay, so I been a busy bee this past week.

Sold the 525i on Tuesday, and today I picked up a 95 740iL.

Unfortunately, its an automatic. And it's in need of tires, brake pads and brake lines.

So anyway, has the 4.4 V8, 282 HP / 296 ft-lb. Problem is, aftermarket support is practically non-existent for the 7 Series.

Here's the really strange part (to me). You'd think that with a motor like that, and BMW's rep for making killer cars like the //M cars, you'd think that the 740iL is smoking fast, even with the slushbox rather than a proper 6 speed. It's not!! A friend of mine stomped me in his RX8. They're not slow cars by any means, but after a 55 mph rolling start to 100 mph, he walked me by at least 2 lengths. And to make it worse, he had his brother with him; the guy is at least 220 lbs of added weight.

So, now I have two Bimmers...one is a 6 cyl with moderate aftermarket support, but unless I go with forced induction won't ever make some serious power.

The other is the one I got today, with a beastly V8 that is just begging to be unleashed, but 4100lbs, a slushbox and practically no aftermarket go fast goodies conspire to keep this car in the "pretty quick" category instead of the "holy $#!t" category.

But that aside, it is one sick car! Ridiculous amount of gadgets that will probably take me 6 months to discover them all, interior is just amazing, and is going to look spectacular with a set of 18" and coilovers.

Think I'm going to gut the 535i, remove EVERYTHING including the rear seats, and continue with the home brew turbo kit as originally planned. Work on the suspension and slap on some slicks, and call it a day. If all goes well, should turn out to be a pretty fun trackworthy car.

Not sure what to do about the ML320 now that I have the 740iL...pretty useful for bad weather and going on trips, but not sure if it's worth keeping around when I can just trade it in for a cheap beater truck that does the same things, and probably does it better.

Do know that I love the 740 though. Other than the usual wheels/coilovers/navigation, probably not going to do much else. The 535 is going to keep me plenty busy anyway.

Anywho, thats my story for the day. Going to start posting pics soon, probably next weekend, of the 535i teardown and rebuild.

Get the feeling its going to be a looong week..

95' 740iL in silver... quite possibly one of the best looking cars of all time. A shame a new BMW's look like crap.

I ordered the Hennessey 6.3L engine software update about a week and a half ago, arrived yesterday. I had them ship me a new core and I'll mail the one out of my car back once I do the instal. Pretty painless procedure, couple screws and three wires With my exhaust and headers combo it adds roughly 35hp and 40lb tq. Going to be doing 2 dyno runs next weekend.

Should put me around 600 horsepower and 560 lb torque. According to TorqueStat (plug and play gps performance calculator, it records as you accelerate) I pulled 0-60 times yesterday, which are 100% accurate, of 4.02, 3.96 and 3.92. I wonder how the numbers will be effected after I upgrade the engine software.

Not bad for a 3,800 lb 4 door luxury sedan.

I'll need to check into that. This winter instead of putting my car away, I am going to truck it off for a mild cam upgrade and SC install. The Maggi is what most guys are going with. But overall it is very subdued.

To me, there is no better sound than a Whippled 03-04 Cobra!

Here is a video of the G8's sister, Vaxhaull. It will show you what I am looking for sound-wise. Heaven to the ears......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BY6imlJ82VE&feature=related

Oh, this is wonderful it reminds me of the 06 GTO...

95' 740iL in silver... quite possibly one of the best looking cars of all time. A shame a new BMW's look like crap.

I ordered the Hennessey 6.3L engine software update about a week and a half ago, arrived yesterday. I had them ship me a new core and I'll mail the one out of my car back once I do the instal. Pretty painless procedure, couple screws and three wires With my exhaust and headers combo it adds roughly 35hp and 40lb tq. Going to be doing 2 dyno runs next weekend.

Should put me around 600 horsepower and 560 lb torque. According to TorqueStat (plug and play gps performance calculator, it records as you accelerate) I pulled 0-60 times yesterday, which are 100% accurate, of 4.02, 3.96 and 3.92. I wonder how the numbers will be effected after I upgrade the engine software.

Not bad for a 3,800 lb 4 door luxury sedan.

German cars and Germain maintenance cost is not all that it cuts out to be.

My humblest opinion the electrical problems doesn't help the case for German engineering.

Driving Euro= overrated....

SVT is the ford mustang right you are. F150's are cool, but the Dodge Ram won Motortrend truck of the year....

Motortrend "___ of the Year" is a joke. Especially for trucks. They just give it to whoever puts out their new model that year. Just look at the past 4 years, all new redesigns. 10 Ram, 09 F-150, 08 Tundra, 07 Silverado. Then you have the whole Ridgeline debacle and the atrocious ML320(the year before they started SUV of the year). That award doesnt mean antything. Seeing as the 2011 Super Duty is the only "new" thing this coming year, it will probably win.

Oh, this is wonderful it reminds me of the 06 GTO...

It's built on the same chassis, has the same driveline but has 2 more doors....

German cars and Germain maintenance cost is not all that it cuts out to be.

My humblest opinion the electrical problems doesn't help the case for German engineering.

Driving Euro= overrated....

Electrical problems? Considering the obscene amount of electrical gadgets in the 740i I just got, it's amazing that everything still works.

Used to own an Audi. Never had any electrical gremlins with that car.

Had a 08 C-Class, no problems there either.

If you want an electrical nightmare, buy a Cadillac. Or a Nissan (used to have a 300zx and that was an absolute nightmare, and my sis' Pathfinder wasnt much better).

NOT driving Euro = overrated

Motortrend "___ of the Year" is a joke. Especially for trucks. They just give it to whoever puts out their new model that year. Just look at the past 4 years, all new redesigns. 10 Ram, 09 F-150, 08 Tundra, 07 Silverado. Then you have the whole Ridgeline debacle and the atrocious ML320(the year before they started SUV of the year). That award doesnt mean antything. Seeing as the 2011 Super Duty is the only "new" thing this coming year, it will probably win.

Easy on the ML320 McLovin! I love that truck. I've only had mine for a couple months now, so I dont have any problems to report yet, but I will concede that it has gotten quite the rep for being an unreliable dog.

If you mean it's atrocious in reliability, cant argue that. But considering it's purpose, it's an awesome truck/suv.

Easy on the ML320 McLovin! I love that truck. I've only had mine for a couple months now, so I dont have any problems to report yet, but I will concede that it has gotten quite the rep for being an unreliable dog.

If you mean it's atrocious in reliability, cant argue that. But considering it's purpose, it's an awesome truck/suv.

I would rather have a "Toyota Prius" then an ML320 even though the ML320 looks better. To me it's a waste of a big car no power...