16 replies to this topic

#1 SpiderWebb21

SpiderWebb21

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 06:26 PM

I just thought I'd share my stupid story. I'm taking my father to this game because we always talked about it, him being a Skins fan and me being a Ravens fan. I bought the tickets, but failed to look at any additional comments. I figured all seats were great in every stadium like the Bank, nope. Got my tickets and it reads, "obstructed view." Check that out and of course, everyone says they're terrible seats. Ugh. Should have done my research. Smh.

#2 display name

display name

Gotham's Reckoning

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,981 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 09:41 PM

I just thought I'd share my stupid story. I'm taking my father to this game because we always talked about it, him being a Skins fan and me being a Ravens fan. I bought the tickets, but failed to look at any additional comments. I figured all seats were great in every stadium like the Bank, nope. Got my tickets and it reads, "obstructed view." Check that out and of course, everyone says they're terrible seats. Ugh. Should have done my research. Smh.

ouch How about you check back with us after the game so we can hear all about it? lol
Some stadiums are just weird. I was at a Seattle game and they had a freaking basketball court below the concession area. lol

The Raven, on 03 Jan 2012-624 PM, said:

"You have reached your quota of negative votes for the day"

VIVA LA BUTT-FUMBLE!!!

Malkavian Raven, on 4 June 2014, said: "Display's off his meds again. Alert the white coats with the butterfly nets."

#3 Moderator 2

Moderator 2

Hall of Famer

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,977 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 09:46 PM

There are a LOT of obstructed seats there.
68f2a8.jpg

#4 SpiderWebb21

SpiderWebb21

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 10:06 PM

Yeah it's so stupid. Haha. But that's my fault, I just assumed all stadiums were great like the Bank. I'm trying to re-sell them and if I can't, I'll just deal haha. As long as I'm not sitting behind a pillar! I guess, when the game starts, we can move seats, possibly. At best, we can move up, rather than down. Then again, they might be alright. Here's a pic of what it's going to look like, possibly.

Posted Image

hahaahah I'll be a few rows lower, so I MIGHT be able to see the entire field. Nonetheless, big mistake. Sucks to be a Skins fan all the way around.

That's what I heard Mod. Unfortunately, I found out after purchasing the tickets.

#5 Moderator 2

Moderator 2

Hall of Famer

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,977 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 01:08 PM

They do have video monitors, but If Inwanted to watch tv I'd stay home
68f2a8.jpg

#6 SpiderWebb21

SpiderWebb21

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 01:12 PM

Exactly. Yeah, let me grab these tickets to go to the stadium and watch TV monitors. I could stay in the lobby of the stadium and watch the tv's.

Oh well, it's only my dads second Redskins game EVER. First one was when they played the Bengals and lost. At least he'll get to experience the home field advantage aspect, but he will still have to witness a loss. ;)

#7 Purple Nurple

Purple Nurple

Telling It Like It Is Since 1974

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,102 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 01:14 PM

I scored club level tix for the mnf opener. I was blown away by how many of these overprivledged morons sit inside and watch it on the monitors. $12 nachos, $15 scotches, and you sit like its your living room. What's the point???

newsigg2_zps9e6531bd.jpg

#8 Moderator 2

Moderator 2

Hall of Famer

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,977 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 01:14 PM

That stadium reminds me of a cave, especially the bathrooms
68f2a8.jpg

#9 Moderator 4

Moderator 4

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 446 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 04:14 PM

I scored club level tix for the mnf opener. I was blown away by how many of these overprivledged morons sit inside and watch it on the monitors. $12 nachos, $15 scotches, and you sit like its your living room. What's the point???

Huh? Are you talking about Landover? They haven't had a MNF opener there in awhile.

If you're talking about our stadium, your prices are a bit off. Nachos are $6 and scotches are $9 (singles).

My wife and I frequently sit in club sections at ours and other NFL stadiums, and we are nothing close to being "overprivledged morons". For us, it comes down to the value of having an enclosed, weather protected area to duck into when it gets frigid or too hot -- rareties in Baltimore, but it happens. Also the food and beer selections are better. Club seats are indeed overpriced, but so are upper and lower deck seats. It's the price we pay for getting the NFL back to Baltimore.

The Landover stadium has a great club section, with acres of sofas and TV screens. I don't know what aftermarket pricing for Redskins games is like today since the RG3 buzz, but low-end club seats used to be available a few years back for the low to mid $100s. There's an alternative to the OP if he re-sells his obstructed view tickets.

The lower deck was expanded to convert restrooms and concession areas into general admission seating, resulting in the obstructed view seats. The OP should check with Danny Snyder's ticket office employees as to how badly the views are obstructed. I have friends who bought such tickets yet saw everything except the highest arc of punts, for a discounted price.
Posted Image

#10 Purple Nurple

Purple Nurple

Telling It Like It Is Since 1974

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,102 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 08:27 PM

I'm not reading all that. ;)

newsigg2_zps9e6531bd.jpg

#11 SpiderWebb21

SpiderWebb21

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 04:13 PM

UPDATE!

Just sold my tickets, so now I'll be looking for a better view and have a little bit of knowledge on the situation!

#12 BmorBirds

BmorBirds

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 01:19 PM

Who all plans on attending this game? We need to get a roost together.
Posted Image

#13 Nightman

Nightman

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 449 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 11:35 PM

I will be in Section 453 Row 19 Seat 6 for that game.

There is a way to get a free ticket to that game for a donation of blood. Ravens Roost 115 of Westminster is hosting a blood drive on Saturday November 24th at Resse Volunteer Fire Company in Westminster, Maryland which is located at 1745 Baltimore Boulevard from 8am to 3pm. All donors will receive one free game ticket to the December 9, Ravens vs. Redskins game at FedEx Field. Appointments are strongly recommended. If you want tickets together bring a friend or someone else you know and donate as a group.. For more information and to schedule an appointment online go to http://www.councilrr.com/index.aspx and scroll to the bottom of the page. This is the first time the Ravens Roosts are hosting a blood drive promotion like this, usually the Redskins have Red Cross Blood Drives during the season with donors getting game tickets.

Edited by Nightman, 17 November 2012 - 04:11 PM.

#14 Nightman

Nightman

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 449 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 07:00 PM

Anyone know of any good Purple Ravens tailgates in the parking lot of FedEx Field for this game? If you do please let me know. Otherwise I will go with BMore Around Town's tailgate for $35 with DJ Buddah.

#15 BigMike

BigMike

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 12:24 AM

Heading to FedEx on Sunday. Representing the Ravensnation. Expecting lots of follow fans. Let's go ravens, let's take care of Bob and seal the AFCN. Go Ravens, beat the Deadskins!!!

#16 Nightman

Nightman

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 449 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 01:19 AM

I will be tailgating with BMore About Town in the cash lot off Arena Dr. and Jericho City Drive. The tailgate will be a private Ravens fans only tailgate where the deadline to purchase and register has expired. That parking lot is the nearest cash lot to FedEx Field and is across the street from Jericho City of Praise and is about a half mile from FedEx. The lot opens up at 8 am and parking costs $40 per car.The parking lot surrounding FedEx is parking pass only with various color passes going for a huge premium price on the resale market, including Craigslist who I don't trust.

I will be at the game by myself rocking the purple in Section 453 Row 19. I heard that the crowd will be at least 35 to 40 per cent Ravens fans. I will be careful and will try to "act like a Raven" and I hope everybody in Ravens Nation Army who goes to the game will do the same!

#17 K-Dog

K-Dog

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,317 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 07:47 AM

I am going too.
Tailgating and all.
I will be with a buncha' skins fans though.
Look for a silver Honda Ridgeline with Raven plates and a Ravens sticker in the window with a redskins pop up tent.
Mention my screen name and get a sample of my wifes AMAZING peanut butter bars.
K-Dog

"Animals want to learn how to talk so they can hang out with me." Ray Lewis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users