Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cville-Raven

Borderlands 2 thread

12 posts in this topic

Amazing game is amazing. Got the game at 1230 yesterday, played it till about 9 last night. playing it again now. I cant stop lol

Fantastic game but difficult for someone like myself who's still getting used to FPS games on PC all over again.

It exceeded my expectations. I skipped the first game because I thought it looked stupid, but I'm glad to see that I was completely wrong.

This game rules. I was going to try the Gunzerker, thinking that the dual wield would be cool, but I ended up using the Commando. What can I say, the shield kicks ace.

[quote name='Ngata Chance' timestamp='1348161392' post='1159406']
This game rules. I was going to try the Gunzerker, thinking that the dual wield would be cool, but I ended up using the Commando. What can I say, the shield kicks ace.
[/quote]I went commando myself. The revolvers in this game kick @ss.

[quote name='Ngata Chance' timestamp='1348161392' post='1159406']
[/quote]

The shield is almost a necessity for me. I'd be dead more times than I've already died if not for the shield.

My biggest gripe with the game right now is that switching between equipped weapons is inconsistent with the mouse wheel. It's probably just my mouse. Either way, I'll be re-mapping that control shortly.

Anybody get the new DLC that came out last week: Mr Torgue's Campaign of Carnage? I got Captain Scarlett and her Pirate's booty when it came out and i had a blast playing that. Just haven't been able to download the new one yet

I LOVE drinking and playing these games, it's pretty fun, but I actually enjoyed them a lot sober, I haven't DL'd any DLC for Borderlands 2 yet because I got back into Skyrim with my GF because she hasn't played it, but the first Borderlands DLC was amazing

The only FPS shooter games I've played recently are the two new Fallout games and that's really only because they're by no means "standard" fps games...until I finally bought Borderlands 2 last week. I haven't been able to put it down since whether its been playing my solo Commando run or my Gunzerker I've been playing with with 2 of my friends. Probably because similar to Fallout, its as much an rpg as it is a shooter. Love the pseudo cel shadedness of the art style, it perfectly fits the zaniness of the combat and humor of the game. Reminds me a lot of coincidentally the last fps game I actually beat, the cel shaded ps2/xbox classic Thirteen (XIII). So in conclusion here is a worthy bump to this thread, haha. Now if you'll excuse me I've got some more varkids to annihilate with my "Nasty KerBlaster"...